How complete is the Hornet module - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 03:43 PM   #21
_mu110_

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanab View Post
The facts are there. The viper has a video every day and there isn’t mini hornet update since august 14th.

Summer time......complex system....I don’t believe it anymore. I think Ed has other priorities
Not sure how Wags making tutorial videos for an upcoming module correlates to all the the other developers ceasing their work on the Hornet.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #22
AvroLanc

The latest weekend news only confuses even more.

ED mentions Walleye II and Harpoon being a priority....but why exactly are these now priorities? What about a TGP you can actually aim?
What about improvements to JDAM?
Improvements to NAV System? We haven’t even got markpoints.
Finish HARM modes?
The data cartridge functions previewed 8 months ago?
Lots of missing radar HOTAS commands?
TWS?

All of these are more important than Walleye. If work continues on these unmentioned systems, then why not mention it. Why not communicate on items that the community actually feels are a priority?
My fear now is that ED will continue to work its way down the published weapons list, half implement all of them, then call Hornet development a day. I appreciate the weekend news, but it does little to actually reassure. Sorry.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #23
Shimmergloom667

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroLanc View Post
My fear now is that ED will continue to work its way down the published weapons list, half implement all of them, then call Hornet development a day. I appreciate the weekend news, but it does little to actually reassure. Sorry.
How do you even reach that conclusion?? Its mind-boggling, nothing in the history of ED hints to them leaving an unfinished module to extents you are describing. Unbelievable.

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | Ka-50 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | UH-1H
Old 09-13-2019, 04:45 PM   #24
AvroLanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmergloom667 View Post
How do you even reach that conclusion?? Its mind-boggling, nothing in the history of ED hints to them leaving an unfinished module to extents you are describing. Unbelievable.
Yes, maybe harsh, but time (and probably lots of it) will tell won’t it. We shall see.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #25
hanab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroLanc View Post
The latest weekend news only confuses even more.

ED mentions Walleye II and Harpoon being a priority....but why exactly are these now priorities? What about a TGP you can actually aim?
What about improvements to JDAM?
Improvements to NAV System? We haven’t even got markpoints.
Finish HARM modes?
The data cartridge functions previewed 8 months ago?
Lots of missing radar HOTAS commands?
TWS?

All of these are more important than Walleye. If work continues on these unmentioned systems, then why not mention it. Why not communicate on items that the community actually feels are a priority?
100% agree with you. you perfectly described the feeling
Old 09-13-2019, 06:19 PM   #26
Keks

Systems aside, key features of the damage model, like damage due to G etc are still not implemented aswell....
Old 09-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #27
Greekbull

I wouldn't be discouraged by some of the negative posters. The Hornet module is awesome and very well done. They have made good progress and have told us they are currently working on some more complex systems so any perceived slowdown in feature updates is completely explainable. The opinion that their priorities are elsewhere is also not factual. ED has explained that they are now using a modular approach to development. So teams working on systems for the Viper have already completed their Hornet responsibilities.

If your considering it get the Hornet and enjoy it! It's pretty awesome and only going to get better when we get the upcoming ED Full Fidelity Carrier!
i7 8700K @ 5.0Ghz I ASUS Maximus Hero X Z370 I 64GB G Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 I EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra Gaming I Samsung EVO 960 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD I TM Hornet Stick/WH Throttle I VPC Mongoose T-50 Stick Base I Thrustmaster TPR Pedals W/Damper I 4K Curved 65" I HP Reverb Pro

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord
Old 09-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #28
westr

You won’t be disappointed

RYZEN 7 2700X Running at 4.20 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz
Oculus CV1
Old 09-13-2019, 06:42 PM   #29
hanab

it's not negative, it's realistic. the hornet is an EA module which is not finished and of which much work remains. there is no planning, so no one knows how long it will take. you just have to know that before buying.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #30
Knock-Knock

I currently have 93 hours logged in the Hornet, and I payed 60 bucks for. Thats 64 cents per hour of great entertainment so far, and Im not planning on stopping yet .

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |
Closed Thread