Display MFCDS in lower corners?

peter

Just got some TM cougar Mfds, I have seen vidoes where an altered script file allows you to permanently show your MFCDs in the lower corners of your monitor. I am only using one monitor and would like to do this and mount the cougars on the monitor bezel. I have done some searching on this forum and am a little confused at what I am looking at. I have no experience with lua or script altering. Does anyone know if there is a posted file to download or can anyone explain an easy way to do this? Thank you

Use the attached file .

Copy it in your DCS install > \Config\MonitorSetup\ folder.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('MFCDs in lower corners');

Description = 'MFCDs in lower corners'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = screen.height -300;

width = 300;

height = 300;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = screen.width -300;

y = screen.height -300;

width = 300;

height = 300;

}

UIMainView = Center

Than use this tool PixelWindow to exactly measure the Width/Height of the inside of your TM-MFDs while holding them on your screen.

Now open the "MFCDs in lower corners.lua" with Notepad++

and exchange every Red/Green number in this file (see quote above) with your measured Width/Height. (- ideally it's the same value for width and height , but this depends on used monitor and used aspect/resolution.)

Now the MFCDs should be in the lower corners and have the right size for your TM-MFDs when you select

"MFCDs in lower corners" in the "Monitors" drop-down menu of DCS.

Tip: Use Sticky Velcro to mount them on you monitor for easy on/off.

And use the fussy side on the corner that is directly inside the monitor , to prevent damaging the surface of your screen.

velcro.jpg

BTW: You are lucky to have this forum-name, otherwise I would have posted only a general link, without deeper explanation :P.

Welcome aboard!

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes. It still works. The link to PixelWindow is not required. It is just a nice tool for measuring things on screen. You can still just play with the numbers to get the size you want.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: