Throttle Control curved?

Naudiz

Hey all

I've been flying the F-16 for ~2 months now, and I've come to the conclusion that it isn't just me being weird.

I feel like the throttle is curved in a weird way. I've checked everywhere, all the settings menues in DCS and on my HOTAS and all, but there are no curves to be found.

The afterburner is around about the same place as on the F-18, but all the space below the afterburner detent is kinda scaled weirdly? I feel like I have basically no low-speed control, but a LOT of control just below and above the afterburner.

I've flown a lot of the modules in DCS and I haven't felt like the throttle has had this weird curve before, is it just me, is it intentional or is it maybe a bug?

Edited by Infectedd
Spelling errors

Hi Infectedd,

Bring up your controls in sim. Right Ctrl + Enter and take a look at the movement with your throttle.

You can mess around and add your own curve as Der Hirte has said.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

You also might try calibrating the throttle. Movement should be linear from idle to blower. Any spikes or large differences might be hardware related.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Infectedd, what are your machine and device (HOTAS) specifications?

I'm asking because when I ran DCS on my old PC (~1+ month ago) I also noticed problems with the throttle curve. But since I upgrade to a way better gaming PC that problem went away with a same HOTAS (...TM Cougar Hotas).

MOBO/MSI X570-A PRO/PCIe 4. CPU/AMD RYZEN 9 3900X (12 CORE), RAM/DDR4-32 GB (3200MHZ with XMP activated on the MOBO), GPU/EVGA-RTX 3080Ti, HMD/PIMAX Crystal, HOTAS/Thrustmaster Cougar

One problem is the throttle represents MIL pass the detent. This is obvious if you watch your throttle value from an external view. Look at the footer info, get to the 100% value on throttle. Then jump in the pit and look at the cockpit throttle. You will see that it is beyond the detent and slightly resting in a lifted state. That isn’t how the real jet works, the MIL detent is 100% MIL and lifting and pushing the throttle pass the detent engages the AB.

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP