F/A-18C TGP Lag in VR

JSpidey

Hey guys, the TGP in the Hornet has been bugging me because as soon as it boots up and I get picture, I experience lag in VR, only when the TGP is on, as soon as I turn it off my game starts running smooth again, does anyone else experience this issue? Thanks

Haven't noticed that. Also a VR user. Do you have the screen displays set to 512 or 1024? I've heard that the latter is really more towards what is shown in a recording/stream - rather than a direct impact on what you see. That being said, might have some kind of impact on your situation.

I used to have it on 1024, but have switched it to 512 and my performance is solid (among other adjustments made when things are updated/adjusted).

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Haven't noticed that. Also a VR user. Do you have the screen displays set to 512 or 1024? I've heard that the latter is really more towards what is shown in a recording/stream - rather than a direct impact on what you see. That being said, might have some kind of impact on your situation.

I used to have it on 1024, but have switched it to 512 and my performance is solid (among other adjustments made when things are updated/adjusted).

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

I have every single setting on low/off. I'm running Oculus Rift CV1 with a i9 9900kf processor and a gtx 1080 GPU with 32 GB RAM

Edited by ItaLiaNKiinG

I've had this issue in the A-10C also, so I imagine the F/A-18C's TGP causing lag in VR is for the same reasons. I have my cockpit displays resolution set for 256, which has gotten rid of most of the problem. I don't spend any time looking at my mirrors in the cockpit, and I haven't noticed any quantifiable difference in my ability to acquire targets on the TGP or MAV screens between 256, 512, and 1024. So, 256 works for me, but I still have issues when I have either one (or both) displayed while flying over large cities. My solution to that, so far, has been to just call something else up on the displays that doesn't show a video representation of the outside world. I leave the displays on those non-demanding pages until I get to the IP. Seems to work well that way, as long as the mission doesn't involve striking targets in a large city. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: