FPS drops in VR: gun smoke/dust ground

Oreo147

Hello fellow virtual pilots,

I'm new to DCS (I've flown in plenty of other flight sims before though) and this is my first post on this forum, so sorry if I'm not in the right place for this question.

When I fly in VR, I noticed I get massive framedrops when my bullets hit the ground or other aircraft. I have this issue with all aircraft so far I've flown (Spit IX, 'Stang and the Sabre). The smoke/dust clouds effects that form seem to be the issue. DCS runs fine otherwise. Are there any files or so I can delete/rename to get rid of these effects? I get this means less eye candy but I'd be willing to sacrifice that.

System specs:

Ryzen 5 2600 w/ stock cooler

16GB DDR4 RAM

RTX 2070 8G Super

AB350 Gigabyte Mobo

Oculus Rift S

Try this as a start https://vr4dcs.com/ but reduce your trees to 50% and your visibility distance to Medium..and then start to fiddle... Also I seem to remember seeing that there is some issue with Oculus's driver and dcs at the moment(?)

This part of the forums has more help for vr

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=497

Hth

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 4 months later...
Hello fellow virtual pilots,

I'm new to DCS (I've flown in plenty of other flight sims before though) and this is my first post on this forum, so sorry if I'm not in the right place for this question.

When I fly in VR, I noticed I get massive framedrops when my bullets hit the ground or other aircraft. I have this issue with all aircraft so far I've flown (Spit IX, 'Stang and the Sabre). The smoke/dust clouds effects that form seem to be the issue. DCS runs fine otherwise. Are there any files or so I can delete/rename to get rid of these effects? I get this means less eye candy but I'd be willing to sacrifice that.

System specs:

Ryzen 5 2600 w/ stock cooler

16GB DDR4 RAM

RTX 2070 8G Super

AB350 Gigabyte Mobo

Oculus Rift S

I am quite "new" to DCS, after flying in the old Lock on days i returned just a few weeks ago.

I am flying only VR, my setup 8086k @5Ghz, 16Gb 3200, SSD, 2080 Super, Oculus Rift. I always aim for 90fps, i dont like ghosting and artifacts.

What i found so far, missions with AI activity often induce stutter/smearing mostly due to high CPU usage.

So my "solution" so far is to use the mission editor and create "CPU friendly" dynamic missions with only a dozen AI units. Works for me since i only fly choppers.

BUT! even then, flying in a mission on caucasus map, ambushing a T55 convoy sonsisting of 5 vehicles, as soon as projectiles are flying, stutter apears most of the time. Hell, i even had a mission on Nevada map (Cpu friendliest), with just a few AI driving down a road, when suddelny a stutterfest occurs. Didnt even see AI because i was away a good distance - turns out AI cant cross bridge, which leads to some sort of rouge calculation and high CPU demand.

Long story short, i think the main problem is the high amount of calculation from time to time, may it be projectiles, or faulty AI behavior, even in mission with just a few AI active.