[FIXED]Steam version of Worlds Apart not installing

I've just bought the newly-released Worlds Apart Campaign on Steam. Although it is in my Steam library, and it says the DLC is installed, it is not showing up in DCS campaigns. It is also not in the C:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Mods\campaigns folder (although my other campaigns are, namely: Oilfield and Charnwood). I have tried verifying local files. I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the campaign DLCs ( Oilfield and Charnwood do so fine, but not Worlds Apart). I've restarted Steam and have tried a reboot of the PC.

Any other suggestions?

Does anyone else have the Steam version of the Worlds Apart campaign running?

PS: I am running "DCS openbeta" (2.5.5.39384). I also have the "UH-1H" and all DCS maps (mind you, the Store page for the campaign does not say what map - or modules - are required).

I've just bought the newly-released Worlds Apart Campaign on Steam. Although it is in my Steam library, and it says the DLC is installed, it is not showing up in DCS campaigns. It is also not in the C:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Mods\campaigns folder (although my other campaigns are, namely: Oilfield and Charnwood). I have tried verifying local files. I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the campaign DLCs ( Oilfield and Charnwood do so fine, but not Worlds Apart). I've restarted Steam and have tried a reboot of the PC.

Any other suggestions?

Does anyone else have the Steam version of the Worlds Apart campaign running?

PS: I am running "DCS openbeta" (2.5.5.39384). I also have the "UH-1H" and all DCS maps (mind you, the Store page for the campaign does not say what map - or modules - are required).

We can't say anything about steam, this is up to ED. But, you need the UH-1 Module. The Campaign itself plays on the Caucasus map, so that should be no problem.

Always happy landings ;)

• ED Team

Hi

Try login out of steam and back in, sometimes this helps.

If not please let us know.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

But, you need the UH-1 Module. The Campaign itself plays on the Caucasus map, so that should be no problem.

Yes, I have the UH1 module. Thanks.

What I would suggest through, is that a message is added to the Steam store page for the campaign, just so that no one else thinks that they get the UH1 as part of the campaign. At the moment, the only thing it says is that the base DCS World software is required.

As a counter example, on the Argo Campaign, it states in the description:

DCS: UH-1H Huey is required to play this campaign.
Not a problem in my case, but there is always someone new who may not understand how the DCS ecosystem works.

Try login out of steam and back in, sometimes this helps.

If not please let us know.

Thanks. (And thanks also for the comment on the Steam forums.) I tried the logout/login on Steam. And re-tried all the other things (verifying game files, rebooting, etc.).

I've submitted a support ticket.

Yes, I have the UH1 module. Thanks.

What I would suggest through, is that a message is added to the Steam store page for the campaign, just so that no one else thinks that they get the UH1 as part of the campaign. At the moment, the only thing it says is that the base DCS World software is required.

As a counter example, on the Argo Campaign, it states in the description:

Not a problem in my case, but there is always someone new who may not understand how the DCS ecosystem works.

Thanks. (And thanks also for the comment on the Steam forums.) I tried the logout/login on Steam. And re-tried all the other things (verifying game files, rebooting, etc.).

I've submitted a support ticket.

Same here

• ED Team

Can I ask someone seeing this issue to attach their dcs.log from the saved games dcs folder

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

UH-1 required

At the ED shop, they changed the way you can buy campaigns. You need to be logged in and they check if you own the module bevor you can choose a campaign.

It may the same on Steam as well, Because of I already heard from a friend he can see the campaign on steam but can't buy it because the link is missing.

That may be an explanation for that.

@BIGNEWY Many thanks for the fast reaction. I also heard there is no download starting steam after buying the campaign, which will explain why there are no folders found on the players' PC. So it is a possible issue on the Steam server.

Always happy landings ;)

• ED Team
At the ED shop, they changed the way you can buy campaigns. You need to be logged in and they check if you own the module bevor you can choose a campaign.

It may the same on Steam as well, Because of I already heard from a friend he can see the campaign on steam but can't buy it because the link is missing.

That may be an explanation for that.

@BIGNEWY Many thanks for the fast reaction. I also heard there is no download starting steam after buying the campaign, which will explain why there are no folders found on the players' PC. So it is a possible issue on the Steam server.

No problem.

I have made the team aware.

Thanks

DCS BETA on Steam required

We are looking for a solution to the Steam problem.

According to the Steam support, the beta version of DCS is actually required for the Campaign. :smartass:

You may change manually from release to beta by right-clicking on the games name (DCS) and choosing properties. Under "BETAS" choose "openbeta - Public beta version".

!! ATTENTION !!

According to our tester, unfortunate, this does not solve the problem for him. We publish this anyway because if you do not use the public beta version there is zero chance right now to get the campaign even downloaded. :cry:

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

• ED Team

Hello all,

The team are working on a solution for the steam issues.

A new build for the mission will be uploaded which will hopefully solve the problem.

thank you

• ED Team

Great to hear, we hope you enjoy!

Thank you for your patience.