Make "InFlight idle stop" optional.

Ant0ine

TL;DR

Yes. They should code the game so that idle is the same position on the physical controller, weather it is flight idle or ground idle.

Recently I wrote a guide explaining how to match our physical throttle detent(s) with virtual throttle detent(s). (To keep linearity and also to band-aid inaccuracy in throttle detent(s) and/or dual throttle mechanical linkage).

I did that with my Warthog throttle and tried to make it match with the Hornet.

No problem to match physical AB detent with virtual AB detent.

However I learned about "InFlight Idle Stop" and so.. I had to do create two different curves. One with ground idle and the other with InFlight Idle.

The game indeed replicate what's happening in the real Hornet. More info here.

A retractable inflight IDLE stop extends with weight off the wheels and provides a higher IDLE rpm and reduced

acceleration time to MIL.

The problem is our physical throttle can't replicate that. At least not the "gaming" peripheral that most people use. So we end up with a pretty large deadzone when airborne. On my Warthog throttle it is about 17% of the Idle to Max AB range. (The whole axis range if calibrated normally).

Could you please make that optional? A little option similar to the one we have to choose how to deal with AB detent would be awesome.

I do not have much experience with jet myself but I've been told it is very common. I guess Hornet pilots wouldn't be the only one to benefit from this option.

Edited by Ant0ine
Added TLDR