Rectangle in TID while align

Wayan

Hi Guys :)

As I am starting up in the RIO position - sometimes I get a rectangle in the middle under the align tapes and alignment stops at 22 at the first mark. What exactly does this mean?

My guess is, as i forgot to put in the A/C coordinates, that could be the point where the INS needs the coordinates?

When I entered them before reaching the first mark alignment worked without a flaw.

When I entered the when I had the rectangle the only way to get aligned was to restart the alignment...

Greetings

Wayan

Probably that rectangle is an "O", which means an "observable error". In your case, it's probably triggered by a wrong initial latitude or no latitude entered. The INS is able to verify the latitude entered. When it observes that it's signigicantly different from what it senses with the gyros and the accelerometers, it refuses to continue the alignment and stalls. In real life this can be a sign of an INS malfunction, but in our simulation it's simply a sign that the RIO did something wrong when priming the system with the aircraft coordinates.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Probably that rectangle is an "O", which means an "observable error". In your case, it's probably triggered by a wrong initial latitude or no latitude entered. The INS is able to verify the latitude entered. When it observes that it's signigicantly different from what it senses with the gyros and the accelerometers, it refuses to continue the alignment and stalls. In real life this can be a sign of an INS malfunction, but in our simulation it's simply a sign that the RIO did something wrong when priming the system with the aircraft coordinates.

Modeled perfectly (by the Heatblur Genius Team).

Viewpoints are my own.