Viggen additional 2/3 position (toggle) switches Mod

funkyfranky

• 1 month later...

@funkyfranky:

Hi, you have done a lot of work on creating missing keybinds. I have 2 questions:

1. Has Heatblur made a lot of progress adding missing keybinds?

2. I find it very time-consuming to determine what Heatblur has added after a new update and maintain my modded default.lua. Have you created any kind of tool to facilitate that process?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

1. Has Heatblur made a lot of progress adding missing keybinds?

Good question, I need to check again. Personally, I'm only missing the CW/CCW for some of the rotaries. In particular the one for the data panel. Once they are in, my setup is complete :)

2. I find it very time-consuming to determine what Heatblur has added after a new update and maintain my modded default.lua. Have you created any kind of tool to facilitate that process?

I use notepad++ and the "compare" plugin. I just open the original and my modified file in different tabs. Then the compare plugin shows the differences highlighted in color. Relatively easy to spot where the original file has been changed.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

@funkyfranky: It was worth asking those questions as I was not aware of the "compare" plug-in. Thanks for sharing that knowledge!

I had started work on an Excel-based tool and I will probably continue with that, as I find my VBA skills getting rusty (one of the disadvantages of retirement). But the "compare" plug-in really provides 90% of what I was looking for.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yeah, the compare plugin is a real lifesaver. I use that extensively.

The other thing I like to do is use JSGME to compare game files. Before a patch, you go to Tasks -> Take Snapshot of Game Files. Then after the patch, go to Tasks -> Compare Game Files with Snapshot. This will tell you at a glance if any of the default files have been changed between versions (such as default.lua). Of course, you need to disable any mods before taking the Snapshot, or else the comparison will always show a different file.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a trigger safety toggle in this mod? If so i cant find it.

You mean a an ON/OFF toggle which toggles ON to OFF or OFF to ON each time a button is pressed? No there isn't.

The command 3300 (Trigger safety bracket) can be used in two ways:

1. with a maintained 2-position ARM/SAFE switch

2. with 2 momentary pushbuttons, one for ARM and one for SAFE

LeCuvier

• 4 weeks later...
Appreciate all the work that has gone into these fixes. I saw a tutitorial on how to add these new keybinds like these, but can't seem to find it.

Anyone got a link?

Try this link:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2862001#post2862001

Post #214 contains the How-To document I wrote.

LeCuvier

• 9 months later...

Was trying to implement the CW/CCW command for the Weapon Interval Selector Mode Knob and would think it functioned in the same way as the Weapon Selector knob's CW/CCW rotation commands. However the Weapon Selector knob CW/CCW rotation has command ID 3969 while each of it's specific positions use 3304.

Saw that someone asked something similar before, but a over a year ago, and was wondering if anyone now have found the Weapon Interval Selector knob's command ID for rotation? Or does it still not exist?

The 3969 ID above is not referenced anywhere either as far as I can see and is simply used in the default.lua file. However 3304 is used in clickabledata.lua, but I don't see how 3969 is deduced form the available files. Which makes me wonder if the command_defs.lua and clickabledata.lua files for the viggen are incomplete or that heatblur has some internal list of all the IDs. At least after having looked through LeCuvier's manual, unless I missed something.

Edited by Arguss

Whenever I think that (after an update) Heatblur might have addressed this, I look at the .lua files; but this is still listed on my control bindings documentation as "not working".

The command ID's in "default.lua" can be the same as those in "clickabledata.lua" if they have the same functionality; but they don't have to.

The Weapon Interval Select switch in "clickabledata.lua" does not work with increment/decrement commands. It works with "analog" values, similar to the Weapon Select Rotary which has command ID 3304 in both files.

For the Weapon Select Rotary, they have added command ID 3969, only in "default.lua", which works with Increment/Decrement commands. They have unfortunately not done the same for the Weapon Interval Selector. There is nothing we can do about this. Heatblur must add a new command to "default.lua".

LeCuvier

I updated to the latest OB version yesterday and there is no progress regarding the Weapon Interval Select switch. I'm disappointed especially as it could be done with very little effort using the same logic as for the Weapon Select switch.

LeCuvier

I updated to the latest OB version yesterday and there is no progress regarding the Weapon Interval Select switch. I'm disappointed especially as it could be done with very little effort using the same logic as for the Weapon Select switch.

You should move Weapon Interval Select switch issue to Bugs and problems.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• 2 months later...

Big thanks to Franky for adding all these extra bindings for the Viggen!

I am have having difficulties mapping some of the ON/OFF toggle switches.

For example:

The "RB-04/RB-15/BK Release Mode Valb/Prep" switch can be clicked to either up or down in the cockpit. However, when I map the corresponding _My Buttons binding to a switch on my throttle (VPC MT-50), the switch can only be activated in one direction. I have tried mapping the binding to a momentary switch and latched switch, but the issue still persists.

I am not sure whether the problem is being caused by my switch configuration or the coding for that particular binding:

{down = 3307, up = 3307, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.0, value_up = 1.0, name = 'RB-04/RB-15/BK Release Mode Valb/Prep', category = '_My Buttons'}, --working

Any help with issue would be much appreciated!

System: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z170 S Motherboard | Gigabyte RTX2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) @ 3200 MHz | Corsair RMi Series RM650i | DCS Installation Drive: 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD | HP Reverb Pro

Sim Controls: VKB Gunfighter MkIII MCG Pro | LH VKB Kosmosima | Pro Flight Trainer Helicopter Collective | VPC Mongoos MT-50 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | 2 X Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | 2 X Elgato Stream Decks (15 Keys)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I would like to take the liberty to post an updated version according to the last beta patch from this Wednesday 10th, 2.5.4.29585.

A few things changed in the keyboard and joystick default.lua that I replicated to this MOD. Also took the liberty to increase the version number to 1.3.

Hope this is okay with you @funkyfranky.

The zip is OvGME ready.

_My Buttons AJS-37 Viggen v1.3.zip

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Thanks for the update.

However, if I use your files instead of 1.2, I get compeltely empty 'Controls' section.... I am using JSGMEin stable version

These are for beta only at the moment. I assume you need them ones stable gets updated next time.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hope this is okay with you @funkyfranky.

Thanks Holton :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• 9 months later...

So, ones again I take the same liberty to post an updated version of this. Now for the 2.5.6 Beta released yesterday.

It has version number 1.5. Last time I posted v1.3. I forgot to post the 1.4, and I don't have it anymore.

If you are still on stable (pre .6) v1.3 might need some small fixes by comparing the files to the original ones.

But overall, this MOD doesn't add much any more, except some small fixes and 4 extra axis assignments for the joystick. Might still be worth it.

AJS-37 _My Buttons Viggen v1.5.zip

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 7 months later...

Speed Brake is perfect on Logitech X56 HOTAS- Thanks

I really appreciate how the original FunkyFrank My Button Viggen mod was implemented into the default game by Heatblur so long ago!

Also, I just noticed that that the Airbrake Out/In keybind was part of the original mod!

That option alone makes the often misunderstood Thumb Slider (2 Position switch) on my Logitech X56 absolutely perfect.

{down = 3601, up = 3602, cockpit_device_id = devices.FLIGHTDATAUNIT, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Airbrake Out/In'), category = _('Flight Control')}, --working

Thanks All!

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 7 months later...

Is there any command for Weapon Invertal Rotary CW/CCW? 🙂 

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 year later...