Oculus Rift - Support positional tracking "off centre"

RoyMi6

Window 8.1

Oculus Rift Runtime: 0.7.0.0

Nvidia GTX980: 355.98

My setup is perhaps a little unique, but works for countless other game I've played, on every runtime, to date.

Essentially, rather than having the camera on top of my monitor it's a little higher up on a tripod and is "off centre".

h0HtpmM.png

This setup works really well because I'm able to simply move my chair depending on what type of game I'd like to play, rather than having to reconfigure my desk.

The problem with DCS however is that the positional tracking isn't done relative to the view when it's "centred" and is instead tracked based on the position of the camera.

In my case, this means that when you move "forward" (shown below) I move LEFT in the cockpit of my plane.

lhqOb4c.png

In simple terms it makes my current setup unusable.

In more practical terms as a bug it means that almost everyones tracking is a LITTLE wrong.

Any time anyone has to press the "recentre view" button although they're now looking straight forward, their positional tracking is likely just a LITTLE off.

Everyone can try it themselves by moving their camera to one side of the monitor and pressing recentre view. You'll find that the Oculus Demo Scene and every other game out there will have no problems with your movement, but DCS will now make your positional movement that little bit off.

Edited by RoyMi6