Plane swerving without any input !

• ED Team

I will take another look in the morning, I am still not seeing it on my end. :)

it would be worth re calibrating your stick in windows ( if you have not already ) to see if this has any influence on the result.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I will take another look in the morning, I am still not seeing it on my end. :)

it would be worth re calibrating your stick in windows ( if you have not already ) to see if this has any influence on the result.

Well I got the swerving effect even with the stick unplugged :)

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Have you tried temporarily renaming your input configs so DCS regenerates a new default blank one? Just incase there's some clash going on.

C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

It is a somewhat a new install. And I've had this issue for a long time on all the installations of the game and windows. On the graph there is no input

'Shadow'

I can't comment on all of your tracks but I watched the A-10C part twice.

What I remember is that you drifted left during T/O. Such a discussion happened some years ago. I can't remember if the reason was the inertia by the engines or simply asymetric loading but you drift slightly left and the first correction took some time with your rudder (NWS was off at this time if I remember correctly). During the first landing you came in to the right, tipping the Brakes for some times and then your plane is slowly drifting to the left (as at T/O).

You made no corrections by rudder/brakes. Real planes are using all axes during landing process (Can only speak for light planes like RG182). The simple answer in this special case for me would be: Either there is a bug which I'm familiar with since 3 or 4 years or you are encountering these inertia/asymetric loading physics :music_whistling:

Again, I only speak for the A-10C part!!!!

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well, the AB on most AC are sequential,

as for the A10, the cannon is slightly off center left and the nose gear right.

even a perfectly balancd plane will drift due to inaccuracies in the runway, variance in gear bearings, variance in gear wear, etc etc.

I doubt any plane is ever a line up and max throttle with no correction inputs on the pedals during take off roll or landing r9ll out.

as for NWS, i turn it off after 30 or so knots, or when the when the A-10C's HUD start counting up (50 knots) after that point NWS would cause over corrections and in stability, at 40+ knots there's enough airflow over the control surface to allow it to work on its own.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Could be the answer for the A-10C. As long as I remember the upgraded FM it was impossible to start and land a loaded plane in a straight line without significant rudder input

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check my F-15 take-off track and BigNewy and also check my landing. As reported by some other people here non of them are experiencing that. I know you can never go straight, but the amount of deviation is too high. It can some times cause unfixable swerve in the F-15 on landing leading to a crash. And it happens on the Su-33 on landing which has the SFM

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

I can't comment on all of your tracks but I watched the A-10C part twice.

What I remember is that you drifted left during T/O. Such a discussion happened some years ago. I can't remember if the reason was the inertia by the engines or simply asymetric loading but you drift slightly left and the first correction took some time with your rudder (NWS was off at this time if I remember correctly). During the first landing you came in to the right, tipping the Brakes for some times and then your plane is slowly drifting to the left (as at T/O).

You made no corrections by rudder/brakes. Real planes are using all axes during landing process (Can only speak for light planes like RG182). The simple answer in this special case for me would be: Either there is a bug which I'm familiar with since 3 or 4 years or you are encountering these inertia/asymetric loading physics :music_whistling:

Again, I only speak for the A-10C part!!!!

What happend

Here is a A-10C take-off and landing and again take-off.

First take-off with steering engaged till 70 knots you can see it clearly pulls to the left when steering is disengaged it starts pulling to the right but it is more noticeable on the second take off where I start rolling with steering disengaged on purpose and it clearly pulls to the right and when I engage it at around 70 it starts pulling left.

On the landing with steering disengaged it seems it rolls straight or with just a little deviation. When steering is engaged it pulls left once more.

[ATTACH]119489[/ATTACH]

'Shadow'

I realized the problem of your A-10. Maybe I can post a track myself in the evening. Drifting to one side during T/O and landing is a very familiar behaviour afaik.

I will also take the time and watch the other tracks when I'm at home. I have to admit that I never encountered such behaviour with other planes like the F-15.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It does happen even without braking :) watch the tracks

:) I was merely saying that I also experience something similar but only when braking.

I haven't had time to view/study all the tracks, only the "F-15 No Brakes" track, and you have a very slight roll to the left all the way down to the landing. Don't know if you were aware of it but you were constantly compensating for it. So something is going on but I'm not sure what. It's not just happening on the ground.

Have you tried a "repair" of your installation?

EDIT: I also noticed that, when I opened it in the ME, it was prompting me to save the weapons load page as I exited. Were you using a custom load? Or it might simply be the skin, since that's on the page, too.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

:) I was merely saying that I also experience something similar but only when braking.

I haven't had time to view/study all the tracks, only the "F-15 No Brakes" track, and you have a very slight roll to the left all the way down to the landing. Don't know if you were aware of it but you were constantly compensating for it. So something is going on but I'm not sure what. It's not just happening on the ground.

Have you tried a "repair" of your installation?

EDIT: I also noticed that, when I opened it in the ME, it was prompting me to save the weapons load page as I exited. Were you using a custom load? Or it might simply be the skin, since that's on the page, too.

Yes, I have custom payloads for MP. 6x120C + 2x9M and 2 Fuel tanks or the same without the fuel tanks. On the no brakes landings I am pretty sure I had my hands off the stick as far as I remember and I think the input graph can show that there was no input on my side.

And about the repair. I remember always having this issue no matter if new or used installation

Maybe I compensate for it without thinking, because I am so used to this "thing". :D

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

OK watched the A-10 track again and made also two tracks with a clean aircraft.

1. with NWS engaged the plane is drifting to the left, as longer as you leave it engaged above 50kts the more you will drift.

2. without NWS enabled the plane is drifting slowly to the right.

All your observations are correct but I can't remember that there was a time without this behaviour :music_whistling:

Regarding the F-15 landing without brakes: It seems a very minor drift since you reach the end of the runway without hitting the grass... Maybe there is something weird but I can't tell you whats going on...From my experience with small planes I would call it normal... The F-15 takeoff is very strange, indeed. Can't reproduce it on my end...

A-10NWS.trk

A-10.trk

Edited by FSKRipper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...On the no brakes landings I am pretty sure I had my hands off the stick as far as I remember and I think the input graph can show that there was no input on my side.

And about the repair. I remember always having this issue no matter if new or used installation

Maybe I compensate for it without thinking, because I am so used to this "thing". :D

Oh, you were definitely compensating on the way down. The slow roll to the left would start and a left-ward drift from the runway centerline would start with it. You'd compensate to the right, the roll and drift would start again, you'd compensate again. It wasn't until your wheels were on the ground that all that stopped (of course). Then, as you've noted, the leftward drift across the runway started as your speed reduced further.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Oh, you were definitely compensating on the way down. The slow roll to the left would start and a left-ward drift from the runway centerline would start with it. You'd compensate to the right, the roll and drift would start again, you'd compensate again. It wasn't until your wheels were on the ground that all that stopped (of course). Then, as you've noted, the leftward drift across the runway started as your speed reduced further.

I didn't realise you were talking about the flight. I just added a bit of dead zone to my X and Y axis and I'll give it a shot

P.S: After adding the dz it still pulls I even tried pulling right on the still for right roll but that just ended in me clipping my wing :D

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

I didn't realise you were talking about the flight. I just added a bit of dead zone to my X and Y axis and I'll give it a shot

P.S: After adding the dz it still pulls I even tried pulling right on the still for right roll but that just ended in me clipping my wing :D

It wasn't behaving the way a dead zone issue would. And, since the issue persists even when your joystick is disconnected, your stick doesn't seem to have anything to do with it at all. This is something else.

So... you might want to try a repair. Something could have gotten screwed up very early on for you. If you want to give it a try, here's a link to a forum sticky: Using DCS Updater to Update, Revert, Repair, or Install Modules. Just scroll down to the section on "Repair".

I've used the repair function myself a few times when odd things started happening and, in each case, the problem was fixed. Perhaps you'll have the same experience.

EDIT: Another thought but a very long shot since this has been a persistent problem...When is the last time you rebooted your computer? If you can't remember, you might want to try that first. :)

Rich

Edited by Ironhand

_____

It wasn't behaving the way a dead zone issue would. And, since the issue persists even when your joystick is disconnected, your stick doesn't seem to have anything to do with it at all. This is something else.

So... you might want to try a repair. Something could have gotten screwed up very early on for you. If you want to give it a try, here's a link to a forum sticky: Using DCS Updater to Update, Revert, Repair, or Install Modules. Just scroll down to the section on "Repair".

I've used the repair function myself a few times when odd things started happening and, in each case, the problem was fixed. Perhaps you'll have the same experience.

EDIT: Another thought but a very long shot since this has been a persistent problem...When is the last time you rebooted your computer? If you can't remember, you might want to try that first. :)

Rich

Today at least 3 times :D

P.S. Just did the Repair and it didn't download anything. Just said installing runtimes for couple of seconds and closed. Now on to the test

P.S The problem still persists and now I have lost my binding and settings for all my planes. Guess I should have made a backup tho I don't remember Repair removing binds in the past

[ATTACH]119534[/ATTACH]

Interesting is how on the start of the mission. Plane immediately starts rolling left and I didnt even had my hand on the stick. Also excuse the strange view, didn't have my facetrack on

and about the sharp movements. I didn't know at that point that my settings have been reset so no curves

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Today at least 3 times :D

Well...it's nothing as simple as that, then. :) Assuming you were referring to rebooting. If you meant that you had tried the repair option 3x, then...

_____

Well...it's nothing as simple as that, then. :) Assuming you were referring to rebooting. If you meant that you had tried the repair option 3x, then...

Yes, rebooting that is :D. Did the repair 2 times just in case and check my edited post above yours

'Shadow'

...[After repair] problem still persists and now I have lost my binding and settings for all my planes. Guess I should have made a backup tho I don't remember Repair removing binds in the past

Aurgh!!! So sorry about that. It's never done that for me either.

Interesting is how on the start of the mission. Plane immediately starts rolling left and I didnt even had my hand on the stick...

At one point I had that happening as well. A repair fixed it. Interesting that, in your case, it made the problem more severe.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, were you having the same problem when there were no weapons on your wings?

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Sorry to hear that the repair made it even worse.

If it is possible for you, could you attach a screenshot of your "Options/F-15C/Axis commands" ?

Could you also tell what hardware you are using exactly? Stick, throttle, pedals? Is there other hardware which could interfere with your devices, a Gamepad maybe? Are you using a wireless Keyboard/mouse?

Sorry for this stack of questions but I had issues in other games that originated from such things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aurgh!!! So sorry about that. It's never done that for me either.

At one point I had that happening as well. A repair fixed it. Interesting that, in your case, it made the problem more severe.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, were you having the same problem when there were no weapons on your wings?

I can not say from top of my head, but I am most certain that it will have the same behaviour

'Shadow'

Sorry to hear that the repair made it even worse.

If it is possible for you, could you attach a screenshot of your "Options/F-15C/Axis commands" ?

Could you also tell what hardware you are using exactly? Stick, throttle, pedals? Is there other hardware which could interfere with your devices, a Gamepad maybe? Are you using a wireless Keyboard/mouse?

Sorry for this stack of questions but I had issues in other games that originated from such things.

Axis commands are default as I haven't played around after the fix so they as the games comes.

Stick is Saitek Cyborg v1, no throttle and no pedals. No gamepad and I have both my mouse and keyboard on wire (USB)

'Shadow'

Ok that would mean no problems by additional controllers.

I asked for the axis commands because DCS (in it's default settings) likes to set multiple axis (f.e. pedals and slider 1 of the throttle) for the same command. I also had one situation where my TrackIR was assigned to the roll axis by default.

Ok, I'm running out of ideas. If I get a brilliant concept I will report back but I hope an ED official or another user can solve your problem before we get too old :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]