Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

Early tests show promise with some S77th missions. I'll continue testing today and see if we can't get a server full testing it.

Awesome, glad that's working. I'm not sure why it should be an issue but DCS can be a bit odd sometimes!

I've got another update planned that I might finish this evening so I'll put this change in as well.

Thanks for testing and posting the bug report, that really helped!

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I've just put a new version up on github under the master branch: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

New Features:

- FOB Crates and Construction- FOB supports crates, troop loading and AI auto troop loading

- IL-76 Transport for Vehicles, troops and FOB Crates (JSGME Compatible)

- BLUE \ RED specific crate configuration and specific crates added

- Russian JTAC is now a proper Russian unit - SKP-11

- Bug fix for Null events causing possible crash

- Any unit can now be set as a JTAC by editing the ctld.jtacUnitTypes table

Updated the README. The new FOB stuff is at the bottom.

Let me know if you have any issues or ideas :)

If you are upgrading the script, you'll need to re-add any changes you made to the configuration at the top of the script but no changes to the mission itself are needed.

If you're not using the FOB stuff it can easily be disabled in the script config which will remove some unused options from the F10 Radio menu.

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi Guys,

Got another new version for you

Link: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Major Changes:

• Re-Organised F10 Menu - All CTLD commands are now part of a Sub Menu so there is now more space for other F10 commands
  • Added FM Homing beacons that work in Multiplayer! - See the updated README for how to add the sound file and use in the Huey
  • Added better default Russian vehicles
  • Clock Directions when listing Crates - i.e crate at 1 o'clock
  • FOB location list on F10 Menu

Enjoy!

If you have any good screenshots of it in action, post them here, I'd really like to see what people end up doing with it. :)

Edited by Ciribob

Since the latest patch…the old radio beacon stuff is fixed. Just found it out yesterday since I had the code in the Medevac script. Works perfectly, every player could home in on the signal and hear it, even the Mi-8.

Since the latest patch…the old radio beacon stuff is fixed. Just found it out yesterday since I had the code in the Medevac script. Works perfectly, every player could home in on the signal and hear it, even the Mi-8.

Oh really? That's awesome! I'll have a look at changing back to the old code then so the mi8 can home too.

Can you easily stop the beacon as well by doing command.removetask or something?

Any chance to have FM beacons without crafting an outpost?

Thats an interesting idea!

I could make it so you can deploy a homing beacon which should be possible.

Do you think it should be limited so you have to pick one up from a Logistics unit or should they just be deployable like smoke?

The more free the better.

If there are any chance to simply deploy an FM beacon with a random frequency and a text message with the data anywhere like dropping smoke could be fantastic.

And givin´ this to any unit like extract-transport-helicargo could be awesome.

For example. A Huey helicopter makes a fly to a LZ dropping some grunts like a Manpad that its CA controllable so we can open the F10 radio menu. With the radio, the Manpad can craft a FM radio beacon and from the beacon frequency data, other Hueys can be guided to the LZ to drop more soldiers.

The same for a transport unit. A humvee for example in recon patrol find an enemy base, with radio menu it can craft a FM beacon to guide the air assault for other helicopters.

I think you can catch my idea...

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The more free the better.

If there are any chance to simply deploy an FM beacon with a random frequency and a text message with the data anywhere like dropping smoke could be fantastic.

And givin´ this to any unit like extract-transport-helicargo could be awesome.

For example. A Huey helicopter makes a fly to a LZ dropping some grunts like a Manpad that its CA controllable so we can open the F10 radio menu. With the radio, the Manpad can craft a FM radio beacon and from the beacon frequency data, other Hueys can be guided to the LZ to drop more soldiers.

The same for a transport unit. A humvee for example in recon patrol find an enemy base, with radio menu it can craft a FM beacon to guide the air assault for other helicopters.

I think you can catch my idea...

Having units drop a beacon at a random frequency is definitely doable. Having a changeable message broadcast probably isn't. I've look at the lua events and there is one for player comment but it doesn't seem to work...

I'll have a go later this week and post and link.

Do you know what frequencies the adf on the a10 or black shark use? It would be good if you could drop a Huey or mi 8 beacon or an a10c beacon.

I'm talking about your already existing feature about beacon data when crafting an outpost shared with a message. Not a changeable frequency message. Just when a dropped unit activates a beacon a text message shows all clients the random FM frequncy.

And for the Ka-50 and the A-10 i will search the ADF band some time later.

Thanks for your kind support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I'm talking about your already existing feature about beacon data when crafting an outpost shared with a message. Not a changeable frequency message. Just when a dropped unit activates a beacon a text message shows all clients the random FM frequncy.

And for the Ka-50 and the A-10 i will search the ADF band some time later.

Thanks for your kind support.

Ah gotcha, that is definitely possible :)

For the Ka-50 the ADF frequency band is VHF from 150 to 1750 khz.

For the A-10 both VHF and UHF radios cand be used for ADF navigation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the Ka-50 the ADF frequency band is VHF from 150 to 1750 khz.

For the A-10 both VHF and UHF radios cand be used for ADF navigation.

Thanks for the info!

After a quick investigation tonight, it looks possible to do this by making the heli spawn two units, one for two frequencies required as you have to attach the radio to an object. The smallest Static Objects I can find are a generator and a Mine, if I place them one on top of the other the Mine doesn't blow up which is good. :) I was thinking about just using two mines but then someone can run over them...

Shared Frequencies for Ka-50 and A10C - 220.0 MHz - 399.9 MHz - Increments of 0.1Mhz gives plenty of frequencies.

Shared Frequencies for UH-1 and Mi-8 - 190.0 KHz to 1290.5 KHz giving 220 possible beacon frequencies (?) which should be enough... but to be on the safe side, it'll reset when they're all used up.

I tested the ADF on all 4 aircraft and it seemed to work.

I'll hopefully have time to have a go at this later in the week as it shouldn't be too hard to do.

I'll add a battery time configuration option so you can have the beacon run out of power after a configurable number of minutes.

Let me know if you think of anything else! :thumbup:

Great ¡¡¡

You are the man Ciribob.

This could help us even more with all the fantastic features the CTLD already have. Did you gone to include a readme section for this new feature and how to use it?

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great ¡¡¡

You are the man Ciribob.

This could help us even more with all the fantastic features the CTLD already have. Did you gone to include a readme section for this new feature and how to use it?

Yup once I've finished implementing it I'll add a whole new section to the readme with screenshots showing how to setup the adf on all the aircraft

I've implemented this now and updated the README for the A10C,KA50,Mi-8 and Huey ADF. You'll have to make a few changes to any missions to add the new radio sounds if you want to use beacons.

The beacons can be a bit temperamental so let me know how it goes for you!

Link: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Does anyone know how to use the ADF on the Huey with the UHF rather than VHF or FM radio?

hello Ciribob... I was trying myself to do a trigger but, I think, it would be greater to put it in your CTLD creation.

What I thinkg it would be great is, to create a trigger where a unit with predefined name let say "extract1" (so we can transport it in helicopters) can work as recon grup.

I would do a trigger saying, when a group or groups are at 700m distance, they will radioed, and smoke with a message saying " thiis is Delta Company contacts at 700m at 256º from the red smoke". even better if he can identify the nature of the enemy, like "infantry, vehicles, tanks, SAMs" whatever. But this would be a second step.

So with something like, getgroupposition, getunitsinmovingzone, smoketrigger and text should be possible.

SInce the name is confirgurable in the .lua file you can tranprort with a squadron of helicopters, 4 o 5 normal groups and one recon. Or to make Special forces recosinaince.

What do you think?

IF one or your friends are working at CA commander, there is no problem, but for solo flights or without CA, it is helpfull.

I love your work!

Edited by ESAc_matador

New Crash Report:

1. Pick up any sling load in either helo.

2. Lift off...

3. Crash the helo on purpose..

4. Server crashes.

Basically anytime a helo player crashes/gets killed AND he is carrying a sling load (does not matter type) - the server will crash.

Using newest version at the time of this post.

New Crash Report:

2. Lift off...

4. Server crashes.

Basically anytime a helo player crashes/gets killed AND he is carrying a sling load (does not matter type) - the server will crash.

That's a bit of a problem... Bugger!

Does it happen if the script isn't running and the crates are added by the mission editor?

Thanks for the bug report! I'll look into it as well

hello Ciribob... I was trying myself to do a trigger but, I think, it would be greater to put it in your CTLD creation.

What I thinkg it would be great is, to create a trigger where a unit with predefined name let say "extract1" (so we can transport it in helicopters) can work as recon grup.

I would do a trigger saying, when a group or groups are at 700m distance, they will radioed, and smoke with a message saying " thiis is Delta Company contacts at 700m at 256º from the red smoke". even better if he can identify the nature of the enemy, like "infantry, vehicles, tanks, SAMs" whatever. But this would be a second step.

So with something like, getgroupposition, getunitsinmovingzone, smoketrigger and text should be possible.

SInce the name is confirgurable in the .lua file you can tranprort with a squadron of helicopters, 4 o 5 normal groups and one recon. Or to make Special forces recosinaince.

What do you think?

IF one or your friends are working at CA commander, there is no problem, but for solo flights or without CA, it is helpfull.

I love your work!

Special forces recon would be an interesting idea. I can quite easily make it so you could use deployable infantry behave as a jtac unit but what you've suggested where they could periodically or when requested, radio in a list of targets would be good.

I'll have a look once I've looked at this crash report.

Sure, you have to fix teh CTLD first. My question is not a priority, but would be really nice for scenarios.

I can give you some ideas.

- The unit, will report of the groups saying what is inside the group, but it does not need to be specific. Better not, so you have to have some doubts about what are you facing in your aircraft... but, they could say.

"this is extract1 (or whoever...), we found a group of: infantr and vehicles. Situation 270º 1km from the red somke. Beacon at 32mhz FM"

"this is extract1 (or whoever...), we found a group of: tanks and SAMs. Situation 273º 1,1km from the red somke. Beacon at 32mhz FM"

- Even, the beacons can be assigned beforehand in the editor, so, in the briefing, we know, the Seal Team Radio. We can also disconnect it, and put a sound. Probably is not possible to have a moving beacon, but, you can set a beacon in the possition the group leader is, and update every 5 minutes. So we can save resources and the mission would run smoothly.

- May be, they can pass the information every 5 minutes by default or/and by requirement through F10.

- The unit should be predefined not spawned or both, or even preloaded on the UH or Mi8 for navy operations... yes, SEAL TEAMS... you can imagine what a hell of a mission you can do.

Edited by ESAc_matador

New Crash Report:

2. Lift off...

4. Server crashes.

I've not much time tonight but I've just repeatedly sling loaded and slammed a Huey and Mi-8 into the sea and the ground and not had a crash in single player so it looks like a multiplayer specific bug...

I tried both spawned crates from the script and ones added in the mission editor.

Would you be able to grab some logs from the server just after its crashed and post it here? I can then double check it's not something I did in the script!

The log files are in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

If you grab the dcs.log, DCS-THE_DATE.crash and DCS-Crash-THE_DATE.dmp. You might not get the have the last one but no worries.

If it's not then I can try to replicate on a quick local server and post a bug report for ED.

Sure, you have to fix teh CTLD first. My question is not a priority, but would be really nice for scenarios.

I can give you some ideas.

- The unit, will report of the groups saying what is inside the group, but it does not need to be specific. Better not, so you have to have some doubts about what are you facing in your aircraft... but, they could say.

"this is extract1 (or whoever...), we found a group of: infantr and vehicles. Situation 270º 1km from the red somke. Beacon at 32mhz FM"

"this is extract1 (or whoever...), we found a group of: tanks and SAMs. Situation 273º 1,1km from the red somke. Beacon at 32mhz FM"

- Even, the beacons can be assigned beforehand in the editor, so, in the briefing, we know, the Seal Team Radio. We can also disconnect it, and put a sound. Probably is not possible to have a moving beacon, but, you can set a beacon in the possition the group leader is, and update every 5 minutes. So we can save resources and the mission would run smoothly.

- May be, they can pass the information every 5 minutes by default or/and by requirement through F10.

- The unit should be predefined not spawned or both, or even preloaded on the UH or Mi8 for navy operations... yes, SEAL TEAMS... you can imagine what a hell of a mission you can do.

Sounds good! Have you managed to have a go with the latest version of the script with the beacons? Did they work ok?

Not sure when i'll next get time to work on the script but possibly Sunday I can have a quick look

Sounds good! Have you managed to have a go with the latest version of the script with the beacons? Did they work ok?

Not sure when i'll next get time to work on the script but possibly Sunday I can have a quick look

Not yet, I am in the same squadron than Mirmidon, but I am in a working trip. So, until next week i cant tell you anything. I hope i can do something on monday, and also double check that bug reported.

Iam glad you liked the idea of recon group!

Yeah, I can't get it to duplicate alone. When on a MP server, it seems that it's a combination of having troops on board, and the sling load..

Logs attached.

I've not much time tonight but I've just repeatedly sling loaded and slammed a Huey and Mi-8 into the sea and the ground and not had a crash in single player so it looks like a multiplayer specific bug...

I tried both spawned crates from the script and ones added in the mission editor.

Would you be able to grab some logs from the server just after its crashed and post it here? I can then double check it's not something I did in the script!

The log files are in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

If you grab the dcs.log, DCS-THE_DATE.crash and DCS-Crash-THE_DATE.dmp. You might not get the have the last one but no worries.

If it's not then I can try to replicate on a quick local server and post a bug report for ED.

s77th-ctld-crash.zip