DIY Warthog Desk Mount

Thanks for the inspiration !

I went down to my local hardware store and use some 4.5mm thick shelf brackets.. Then bent the S-shape into it so I could mount the joysticks and throttle.

I recommend using Sail Track if you want to slide the shelf bracket under the desk. I can completely remove the throttle and joystick if need be.

Now just to make it look nice and weld a brace so it's rigid. As the bracket is not braced, it does wobble a little bit - not very noticeable in game.

Thanks!

Andrew

Can you include some photos of what you are talking about? I would like to see it. I am considering building a under desk sliding platform, starting with my X55 throttle.

I took a simpler approach after getting the TM extensions from Milan (of MFG fame). I made a floor board with some non-slip pads underneath it. The non-slip pads aren't in the open like in the picture. It's nailed to the side so it stays put and out of the way.

Mounted Milan's MFG rudders. Then drilled some holes and nuts to allow me to quickly change the joysticks.

This is for Komodo cyclic which has a long extension already.

oaqi5ae.jpg

The cord at the bottom allows me to pick it up and move it to the side when I don't use it.

And this is with the TM Warthog. Just a few 2X4's put together. It's basic, but it's all I needed.

O4V4FVL.jpg

And the Komodo collective and TM Throttle goes on this folding shelf. I just fold it down when I don't use it. Simple but works well enough for me.

Also check out:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139801&highlight=warthog+desk+mount

And there was another one where a guy made folding joystick/throttle stand.

gpDaaiS.jpg

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I took a simpler approach after getting the TM extensions from Milan (of MFG fame). I made a floor board with some non-slip pads underneath it. The non-slip pads aren't in the open like in the picture. It's nailed to the side so it stays put and out of the way.

Mounted Milan's MFG rudders. Then drilled some holes and nuts to allow me to quickly change the joysticks.

This is for Komodo cyclic which has a long extension already.

oaqi5ae.jpg

The cord at the bottom allows me to pick it up and move it to the side when I don't use it.

And this is with the TM Warthog. Just a few 2X4's put together. It's basic, but it's all I needed.

O4V4FVL.jpg

And the Komodo collective and TM Throttle goes on this folding shelf. I just fold it down when I don't use it. Simple but works well enough for me.

Also check out:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139801&highlight=warthog+desk+mount

And there was another one where a guy made folding joystick/throttle stand.

gpDaaiS.jpg

Awesome setup. Those rudders are amazing, like the Fanatec (used in racing siming) pedals of flight siming.

• 5 months later...

Sorry it's taken me this long to reply, but nice work!! That's exactly what I wanted to do with my throttle setup ie: pushing it ALL the way under the desk. I'm super geeked that someone else found my setup useful.

Happy flying!

Rosco

• 5 months later...
Sorry it's taken me this long to reply, but nice work!! That's exactly what I wanted to do with my throttle setup ie: pushing it ALL the way under the desk. I'm super geeked that someone else found my setup useful.

Happy flying!

Rosco

Rosco I never did see any attachment or posting of the drawings.

i7-8086k CPU @4.00GHz

Mem: 32GB

EVGA 1080ti

SSD - 500 GB X 3

HDD - 1 TB

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Don't laugh, but this only cost me $2.43 at Ace Hardware....lol

Took our cat scratching post that the cat never used...turned it upside down, used some self-tapping wood screws to secure the joystick base plate to what was the base of the cat scratch post. Then drilled a hole in the center of a 12 x 12 piece of plywood and screwed the top of the post into it and secured it with a 7/16 nut. Don't forget, to remove the cap off of the top of the post..it easily screws off resulting in a 7/16 bolt showing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3j69o1qiy5esk8/2018-06-02%2017.57.37.jpg?dl=0

2018-06-02%2017.57.37.jpg?dl=0

Edited by DirtSailor
add picture

i7-8086k CPU @4.00GHz

Mem: 32GB

EVGA 1080ti

SSD - 500 GB X 3

HDD - 1 TB

• 8 months later...

Hi Mondaysoff.

I was very impressed with your design. Just purchased the screwfix pipe, fittings, and the extension tube. I'll upload pics when my construction is completed. Hope it works out just like yours.

Best regards

Geoff.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me too - thanks Rosco! I used your plans from this thread - as-is for the Throttle, but without the slanted mount for the Joystick - I made it flat as in your original since the slant made no sense to me. Works out that the joystick is low enough to slide forward under the desk - works great.

Not a super skilled woodworker here so I unintentionally made the joystick rails a little narrow at the front with the wonderful side effect that you can pull the joystick out until it jams snugly - in exactly the correct spot - with no wiggle whatsoever. I would try to aim for that result if anyone else is thinking of making one. I used left over hardwood flooring for the rails - very strong. In the photo of the underside, the joystick is in the "stowed" position.

Having said all that, using an extension would probably be a better way to go IMHO. The TM HOTAS is new to me and my arm/wrist is sure getting a workout - but as I have read - you do get used to it and I am not having any issues controlling the Hog.

IMG_0872.thumb.JPG.9392a5d2d9c2b8f39d3ec43ad94ba594.JPG

IMG_0874.thumb.JPG.c0b3efa338dd4393c254d9b4bf9ed222.JPG

Rift S, 10700K, RTX 2080S, TM Warthog HOTAS, home built cyclic and collective, 16GB 3200 RAM, A-10C, Huey