New Rift S User here, Need setup tips!

OnlyforDCS

There is always some ghosting, the flybys is best example. The ASW is adding in frames to keep things smooth but can't predict the fast movement correctly so there is ghosting. Just gonna happen with ASW.

Same thing with edges of wing/weapons when taxi

There are a few examples, I find you get used to it and isn't that noticeable most of the time. Until we can run VR at 90fps+ natively it will always be there.

Probably not for a while. I'll be interested to see how close it is with the new gen graphics cards.

Yeah the ghosting is relatively minor for me, certainly not a game breaker for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks for all the help guys. I've managed to get DCS to run pretty smoothly now, albeit with lower settings than I would like but that's for another discussion.

So I have a new problem/issue. How do I load Chuck's guides into the ingame kneeboard and use it in singleplayer/multiplayer?

Example: I want to load Chuck's guide for the F14 so it displays in the F14 whenever I bring it up in the module, whether in multiplayer or singleplayer.

I need it mostly for start-up checklists so I don't have take off my Rift S. I've never really played around with kneeboards even in 2d, but does anyone know is this even possible?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Thanks for all the help guys. I've managed to get DCS to run pretty smoothly now, albeit with lower settings than I would like but that's for another discussion.

So I have a new problem/issue. How do I load Chuck's guides into the ingame kneeboard and use it in singleplayer/multiplayer?

Example: I want to load Chuck's guide for the F14 so it displays in the F14 whenever I bring it up in the module, whether in multiplayer or singleplayer.

I need it mostly for start-up checklists so I don't have take off my Rift S. I've never really played around with kneeboards even in 2d, but does anyone know is this even possible?

I have to run out so can't elaborate on it, check out Kneeboard Builder here in the mods forum I believe. I used it to create a custom kneeboard and have Chuck's guides seperated into sections that I display in my headset. Works great.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have to run out so can't elaborate on it, check out Kneeboard Builder here in the mods forum I believe. I used it to create a custom kneeboard and have Chuck's guides seperated into sections that I display in my headset. Works great.

Does it work in Multiplayer?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Does it work in Multiplayer?

That I can not answer as I only do single player.

Don B