Life before and after HOTAS as a south paw

Wow!

My world just changed!

Been simming since MS FS2 on Commodor 64 and since 2011 on DCS (A-10c, F-15, SU-27 and two weeks ago the F/A-18 )

I've been using an old Cyborg EVO joystick with a huge deadzone problem and a small throttle lever that would go down with gravity if left unatended, making aerial refueling and landing on the Stennis almost impossible (yet, I managed to do it pretty well :thumbup: ), even precise A/G gun run was a feat in itself!

Just got my hand on a T1600m w/throttle! It's like a brand new game (about time, some of you might say!)

For all the lefties who did not learn to fly with the stick in the right hand, I have to say that this kit is by far the best I've tried, the only one I've been able to use the trottle in the right hand and use all switches and buttons without insane hand contorsions. It is not as ergonomic as in the left hand, but still really worth it!

For the few weirdos like me, my advise is get that HOTAS system!! I inverted the throttle (both physically and in settings) so that my right-hand thumb can use the 3 hats. I have normal size hands for those wondering.

Also in the good news for me: My internet connection relies on a shitty off the grid satellite link, but in 2020, I'll have a high-end fiber optic connection! I'll be able to join you guys in MP for the first time! Can't wait!

(had to share all this ;-) )

Helpful post . Congratulations !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

For me, it was incredibly easy to switch to the right handed stick and HOTAS setup. I do everything left handed so I thought there would be issues. I know that I cannot adapt to the right handed Xbox remote settings. Boy have I tried! But I have the X55 and there was no way I was ever going to pull off using it left handed. The conversion from left to right hand took all of one flight in the P-51 and I was use to it.