ALIGN Flashing on hud

mrmat01

G'day

I am loosing radar lock & tracks mostly while flying straight & level:(l. When this happened the word ALIGN is flashing on the hud:huh:. To get thing to work again I have to jink the jet.

I start the jet using auto start & sit & wait until it says alignment completed & auto start complete.

Is this a bug or am I stuffing thigs up?:confused:

Any help would be bonza.

Make sure the INS knob is switched from NORM to NAV after alignment and before you start moving.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Check the position of the alignment knob. Make sure you aren't moving the knob yourself if you're using the cheat autostart or both your input and the autostart input might move the switch to an unexpected position.

It's OK (and even beneficial) to taxi with the switch in ALIGN, just make sure to set it to NAV before takeoff.

Check the position of the alignment knob. Make sure you aren't moving the knob yourself if you're using the cheat autostart or both your input and the autostart input might move the switch to an unexpected position.

It's OK (and even beneficial) to taxi with the switch in ALIGN, just make sure to set it to NAV before takeoff.

Are Auto Nav and NARF implemented ?

Are Auto Nav and NARF implemented ?

I have never heard of either term, could you please elaborate?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I have never heard of either term, could you please elaborate?

If NAV mode is supportable (at least steady RDY/ALIGN indication), INU will switch internally to NAV mode (even though INS function knob stay in STOR HDG or NORM position) if it detects any motion that would degrade alignment in progress. This is called AUTO-NAV.

For a NORM alignment, if INU subsquently detects no motion, it will automatically activate a pseud align mode called Nav Auto Realign Feature (NARF), resulting in improved INU unaided navigation accuracy, particularly if aircraft have been taxied to a new heading at least 45° different from original alignment heading.

AUTO-NAV/NARF operation will continue as long as NORM is selected. A full performance NORM alignment can be continued once the aircraft remain stationary by selecting NAV mode and then reselecting NORM.