VOR Navigation

CrackerJack

Quite often it is impossible for me to tunn a TACAN radial, because I do it properly (TACAN ON, clear, TACAN radial and intro, and then TACAN boxed in HSI) but nothing appears in my HSI, only a crazy circle movement of cursor along the 360º scale, what am I doing wrong?

TACAN's are bugged in that they switch themselves on and off, at least in multiplayer.

For VOR nav in the Hornet, you cannot navigate their radials but you can home on them by dialing them into one of your comm radios and then get a bearing needle by selecting ADF 1 or 2.

Unfortunately, you cannot navigate the many NDBs on the maps with the same ADF function because your comm radios can't tune NDB frequency ranges.

Doesn't make sense, but that's what stingy customers wrote into the Hornet's requirement book...

So basically, VOR nav in the Hornet works like classic NDB/ADF navigation and it occupies one of your two comm radios.

Hi. I put proper TACAN code/channel (I search it on the airports information in the map, or in the HSI-DATA-UFP). I only play in Caucasus and in single player most of the time. For exemple, yesterday I tried to do a night flight to Batumi from Maykop-Khanskaya and it was impossible to activate the TACAN channel (I think it is 16x).

The problem is not with the course line. The problem is that it is impossible to engage the TACAN code. I have tried in closer airports and the same. I play with oculus, dont know if this affects

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

TACAN is very sensitive to line of sight. Mountains and hills will definitely block it. If you're sure you are doing everything right with the hardware and it's not locking on it's probably a LOS issue. Get some altitude.

The problem is not with the course line. The problem is that it is impossible to engage the TACAN code. I have tried in closer airports and the same. I play with oculus, dont know if this affects

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

I too use Oculus...no problem unless of course I'm too far.