Non combat aircraft

Jester986

Razbam just asked on their facebook what non combat military aircraft would we be interested in?

My opinion: The more gameplay the better.

My first choice would be an E-2 Hawkeye. We already have people in multiplayer games dedicated to acting as an awacs using an unarmed F-15 or un hidden F10 map. You can add multicrew to have a pilot and a radar operator working together or tell an autopilot to fly a racetrack. Also it helps with the Naval direction DCS has been on.

Next would probably be a tanker Like the S-3 as again it is naval and supports added gameplay. A KC-135 would be cool also but I read somewhere that DCS can't support more than two engine aircraft? I hope that's wrong.

Then would be an ISR aircraft. Maybe a King Air that can locate and lase targets for strike aircraft with short legs (looking at you AV-8 and F-18 )

The wild card would be cargo. This would be extremely useful in servers like Dynamic caucuses, forcing you to resupply weapons and fuel to bases.

And their post said no trainers... but a carrier trainer sure would be useful in the near future.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Jester986

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tornado GR.1, Buccaneer, English electric lighting, Jaguar, KC-135, Chinook, F-15E, C-130, avro vulcan, Westland Sea King Lockheed C-5 Galaxy Something more Russian on the soviet side Multi-role? :dunno:

Edited by Coxy_99

• ED Team
Piper L4 Grasshopper would get my vote, perfect match for Normandy.

Ha!, I was going to say the Storch, even though it has a rear gunner, and I believe both these aircraft were involved in the last A2A engagement over Europe for WWII. SO not quite non-combat, but still would be fun :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

C-130/KC-130/AC-130 even the "just cargo" would be awesome if we can use chutes and/or low level drops.

And Helicopter a Chinook for sure.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

They didn't specify fixed or rotary did they? In that case:

1. UH60/Sh60 Blackhawk/Seahawk. Currently in use by so many countries in the world AND ITS MODERN!!

2. CH47 Chinook - just throwing it out there. I don't think we need that many cargo helis esp if we get the Blackhawk.

3. Definitely support the idea of the E3

4. EA6B Prowler (esp if they're doing an A6...same airframe apparently)

5. If you really want to push non-combat, there's the C-2 Greyhound (twin engine high wing cargo plane that flies to/from carriers), esp if we'll be seeing more carrier action with the upcoming F/A-18C

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

C-130

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

KA-25PS, SAR helicopter

KA-27PS, SAR helicopter

KA-27M, Anti-Submarine (acoustic sensors, magnetometric sensors, signals intelligence, and FH-A radar with active phased array antenna. The radar is mounted under the fuselage and provides all-around vision in the search and detection of surface, air, and ground targets.)

Ka-32A4 (Special search and rescue, salvage and evacuation version.)

I would go for a KA-27M as it would offer a naval surface/sub-surface operations.

But, if the "non-combat" means that the aircraft should not have anything to do with the military assistance for combat (like recon etc) but is civilian use etc, then it is more difficult to say. I would just go for a small aircrafts that could be used as a drug trafficking so our trainer/light-attack aircrafts would start to see action, and civilian pilots could fly around and Mirage 2000C could do their air police thing etc etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

C130H : it's my first choice, above all. Imagine how cool it'd be to drop some SF in HALO at night, to be part of a giant formation over Normandy, to lose 2 engines in a storm, to land in the middle of the desert to deliver fresh beer to the grunts, or to flee a MIG-21 in the mountains and desperately calling for help while firing a huge amount of flares. The H version would be the best choice, and I wouldn't really use an AC130.

That being said, Cubanace Simulation recently released some videos of their current work on a C130.

I appreciate it, but this aircraft deserves some professionnal attention ;-)

Overall, from what I've seen on Facebook, there's plenty of people interested in the aircraft. It's easily understable : the Hercules is in service in more than 60 countries. It could also bring many players from civilian sims and slowly grow their desire to play with armed aircraft/choppers.

I'm a bit less interested by the E2C or E3A or a tanker, as they would be centered on multiplayer gameplay... but I remain interested !

And now that I'm launched, but it is an armed aircraft, the super etendard and his exocet missiles...and I'm not even French nor from Argentine :smilewink:

Anyway, thanks for making us dream a little more ;-)

Edited by deltabri

Fri13, they said noncombat but military aircraft.

And after doing some research I've changed my mind. Its stretches the non-combat part but an RA-5C vigilante reconnaissance plane would be awesome. Carrier based supersonic spy plane? Yes please.

But for a quick and easy cash generator that would still be pretty interesting I'll throw out the C-2 greyhound.

Edited by Jester986

The E-3 might just bring a different kind of person into DCS. There are people dedicated to ATC in other sims. Having the ability to control air traffic may appeal to these people and really improve the immersion of DCS.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

That's an easy one for me...fully functional E-2! Multicrew, provides human GCI capabilities, lands on a carrier. It's perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Military but non-combat types. Due to a lack of a suitable definition for "non-combat", I guess that means aircraft operated by military forces that lack the ability to, either offensively or defensively, react to threats beyond visually spotting and maneuvering. A C-2A, C-20, C-21A, C-23A, KC-135 or KC-10 might fit.

Now if they mean military types without a significant offensive punch that have the ability to recognize threats through various systems and defend themselves through countermeasures then that changes the request considerably. A C-130 Hercules would be a top choice from talking to guys online and, even though it is kind of large for DCS maps, it would be very useful in many of the more popular mission oriented MP servers. The A-400M, KC-390 and An-12 would be in the same category and might be well received. I think smaller twin engine types would be more suitable for the current state of DCS. Planes like the An-26, An-32, An-72, CN-295, C-23C, C-27J and C-160 would fit well. For these planes there would have to be improvements with regards to proper cargo weight and balance and logistics within the DCS engine... of course, if it were to be implemented, part of the fun could be watching people taking off without verifying their weight and balance after loading the plane. :joystick:

Similarly, AWACS/Reconnaissance types would be useful if they are implemented. Strategic high performance platforms are pretty much a no go due to map size but tactical types like the SF-37, RF-101C, RF-4C, EKA-3B, RA-5C and RF-8G would be perfect. Another that would be interesting would be the U-2 because of the very limited operating speed one has to fly at altitude what with never exceed speed and stall speed being so close together. On the Soviet side the MiG-25R and MiG-21R would be good choices. Any AWACS would work as a DCS module.

Helicopters- all helicopters are good for DCS world... including the MV-22 Osprey

So, my top five list of wants for fixed wing non-offensive types in DCS looks like this-

MC-130H

C-130H

An-26

C-23C

KC-10A

Rotary top five-

CH-53E

HH-60H

MV-22B

UH-60L

SH-3G

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"