R-73 vs R-60

Spades_Neil

If you have both available, and there are no stores conservation problems for you...Take the R-73.

R-60s are normally something you'd take when you don't want to add hours to your useful missiles (normally not simulated in-game!) or when numbers of stores are problem. They're also good for historical considerations (not all MiG-29s had R-73s, Original non-export MiG-29s didn't have Archers from the start (I think?), etc.).

As for comparisons between them...The R-73 is a far superior missile. High off-boresight capable, very maneuverable, IIRC better flare rejection than the R-60, expanded high-aspect engagement zone, and the list goes on.

Lord of Salt

What makes the R-60 preferable over the R-73 and vise-versa? The MiG-29 can equip both!

As already said, the R-60M as an older missile is inferior in all ways except perhaps its somewhat shorter minimum range (200 meters vs 300 on the R-73 supposedly).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!