Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

Black Cat Simulations Tu-22M3 Update

Update 31 May 2016,

- We are looking for a fourth person, to do programming. It is necessary that the person be fluent in Russian, and living in Russia is a huge plus. Nominally a full time commitment.

-Paypal accounts to be set up soon. I say accounts plural, because there will be one for the core Tu-22M3 team that you can give you. #2 is for collections for the museums that we will be visiting. We are giving some, but it would be helpful to have a 'purse' to help them out further. Finally, I will announce my own cockpit 3D scanning non-profit, essentially separate from this, and that will have a third donation option.

- I own a prototyping business, so for the team paypal we will be selling cups, mugs, and anything else I can think of with a Black Cat Simulations and Tu-22M3 logos.

- These websites and Paypal accounts should be alive by the end of the week.

- Modeling and programming proceeds apace.

As a side note, one reason I found the Tu-22M3 cockpit very familiar is because I'd flown the Project Tupolev Tu-154 (B-2 and M models) extensively in FSX. They would give you some systems familiarity with the Tu-22M3, plus there are very thorough manuals in Russian and English. The Mach indicator goes a bit higher, but it's still bad form to peg it at either end...

Brian

Update 31 May 2016,

- We are looking for a fourth person, to do programming. It is necessary that the person be fluent in Russian, and living in Russia is a huge plus. Nominally a full time commitment.

-Paypal accounts to be set up soon. I say accounts plural, because there will be one for the core Tu-22M3 team that you can give you. #2 is for collections for the museums that we will be visiting. We are giving some, but it would be helpful to have a 'purse' to help them out further. Finally, I will announce my own cockpit 3D scanning non-profit, essentially separate from this, and that will have a third donation option.

- I own a prototyping business, so for the team paypal we will be selling cups, mugs, and anything else I can think of with a Black Cat Simulations and Tu-22M3 logos.

- These websites and Paypal accounts should be alive by the end of the week.

- Modeling and programming proceeds apace.

As a side note, one reason I found the Tu-22M3 cockpit very familiar is because I'd flown the Project Tupolev Tu-154 (B-2 and M models) extensively in FSX. They would give you some systems familiarity with the Tu-22M3, plus there are very thorough manuals in Russian and English. The Mach indicator goes a bit higher, but it's still bad form to peg it at either end...

Brian

Great!

:thumbup:

do not make the mistake like Kinney Interactive did 3 years ago: given that only two weeks of their DCS:F-35A kickstarter campaign

people need time to hear about your project

so just choose a long time campaign and set the deadline for 60 days at least, imho

+1

do not make the mistake like Kinney Interactive did 3 years ago: given that only two weeks of their DCS:F-35A kickstarter campaign

people need time to hear about your project

so just choose a long time campaign and set the deadline for 60 days at least, imho

True. He is right. Just take vacation in Ukrania. Good Vodka, pretty girls... A good video around the bird with a good edition and introduction about the project. Then the ball is on the air.

Think about it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brian did you started some 3D cockpit instruments? The Tu-22 RWR is outstanding, can't wait to see this cockpit!

I'm looking forward to seeing a Russian RWR that isn't the bloody SPO-15 with only 180 degrees of info.

I'm looking forward to seeing a Russian RWR that isn't the bloody SPO-15 with only 180 degrees of info.

The RWR we have in the Su-27 and MiG-29s is 360 degrees, in the middle theres a circle that either lights up the top half or bottom half. This will tell you if its behind or in front, honestly it is much much less useful/intuitive than US RWR. So along with you i hope for a good RWR to tell where the Eagles are firing Spamraams from.

PC Specs: i7 4790 (non K), MSI GTX 980, 1TB Seagate HDD, 32GB Crucial DDR3-1600MHz RAM, 3 Samsung 1920x1080 monitors, EVGA 850W G2 PSU

The RWR we have in the Su-27 and MiG-29s is 360 degrees, in the middle theres a circle that either lights up the top half or bottom half. This will tell you if its behind or in front, honestly it is much much less useful/intuitive than US RWR. So along with you i hope for a good RWR to tell where the Eagles are firing Spamraams from.

True, I didn't describe that very well. Yes, it detects things 360, but it will only give a bearing to the front 180°. I really wish we could get an aircraft that has the SPO-32, though.

Wasn't the Su-25T supposed to have the SPO-32, or was that the Su-25TM?

It was supposed to be in Su-25TM, all remaining Su-25Ts have been upgraded to TM version years ago, as far I know it was 12-15 planes. Single of them are used especially as test lab for Su-25SM upgrades suites.

On the beginning it was about 22-24 Su-25Ts, some of them disappeared somewhere and remaining upgraded to TM standard because the cost was low.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for the update, Brian! :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Update Update

The previous update was out of date the moment I hit send, so I deleted it, and substituted this one

- The trip to Ukraine and Russia is firm. I leave on 1 July, and return approximately two weeks later. The State Aviaiton Museum of Ukraine is closed 4 and 5 July, and is giving up full access to the Tu-22M3 on those days. We will be 3D scanning the cockpits and other geometry with an Artec Eva. I will be viewing additional reference material and finalizing systems and cockpit instrument functionality in order to complete the 'design document', from which programming will proceed.

After that I will make a trip to Poltava to meet with Backfire pilots, and from thence to Moscow, and the Central Air Force Museum at Monino. It would be fun to hook up with any DCS or ED types in Moscow...

At Monino, I want to scan several cockpits that I will post online for others to view or use in their own DCS content. It's a little give back for those donating to Black Cat Simulations. I am arranging to volunteer at the museum for a few days in exchange.

To summarize, it will be a cool trip, my brother is coming along to make a documentary of the trip, and Oleg (ExtremeArtist3D) will be there to supervise the modeling needs. After the trip, we should have everything we need to submit a package to ED for Third Party evaluation, and to commence programming and modeling at full speed.

Brian

I seem to remember reading something about how the flight model? will be FC3 level and not professional/advanced or external ... Or was it some other aspect of this project?

I hope this is not the case.

The flight model is EFM. I was referring to other aspects of the simulation

If you pull this of in a very good quality, I'll pay any price for a fully modelled Tu22.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red