Backup/Image Software Recommendations?

As good as local backup is for quick restores, recovering from an accidental delete (shift delete because I know what I'm doing.....d'oh I need that file back!) it's important to backup to the cloud as well. O365 family gives you 1TB per 5 family members and is a good deal. But I pay extra for google drive so i can backup every document/pictures on a weekly basis. Then i image the entire disk but i do that every two months or so.

With fast Internet, it only takes about 4 hours to fully install from scratch anyway. But the files, the pictures *have* to be offsite just in case.

My first disaster recovery exercise went like this. Show up at 7am for the kick off of DR. The office and local DC was padlocked. I was told to start the call tree to alert everyone. The problem? The call tree was in the office and the DC. D'OH.

So don't forget to have an offsite copies of important files, boys and girls.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

There should be a support group for us. I am the 'IT Guy' for family, friends and neighbors. If I was willing to charge them for my time I would be quite rich. ;)

The family is fine. They are family afterall. It's that dreaded...I have a friend who can really use some help, you don't mind, do you?

LOL

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

The family is fine. They are family afterall. It's that dreaded...I have a friend who can really use some help, you don't mind, do you?

LOL

Actually, the ones I dread are the folks that really shouldn't own a computer in the first place. However, I figure that I am building lots of good karma for all of the people that I have not killed due to their sheer ignorance. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

i find the friends who don’t know anything, are fine.

the friends who know what they are doing, are fine.

but the friends who think they know something, or they read something on the internet... that’s when the problems start.

True in most things.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---