SAM valley - AV-8B SP mission Caucasus (request for feedback) - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-07-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
sirrah

Default SAM valley - AV-8B SP mission Caucasus (request for feedback)

"SAM valley" is an AV-8B SP mission I made (Caucasus map). It includes some low and fast flying through valley's, to avoid air defenses and reach your target. (unholstered sidearms advised)

Before I place it up for download in the user files section, can somebody here please give me some feedback?

I tested it thoroughly myself, but as I made it, there aren't any surprises and therefor didn't notice any possible problems. Also I only tested (in fact even created) it in VR.

Any feedback is welcome
Attached Files
File Type: miz SAM valley.miz (3.57 MB, 20 views)

Last edited by sirrah; 06-07-2019 at 08:32 PM.
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:52 AM   #2
KTFBGB

I’ll see if I can find time to test it for you tomorrow.
KTFBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #3
KTFBGB

I liked it. Was challenging but fun. I got a bomb on target but got shot down by a SAM in my turn to make a second pass. I was out of sidearms by the time I actually got to the target. I should have kept two for WP 4. Didn't find any bugs, refueling went good. Plenty of time before he starts his first turn.

The only feedback is maybe put an explanation in the download page on DCS that it is an intermediate level mission and not really for beginners. They will need to understand basic SAM defensive flight maneuvers to stand any chance. Maybe that will keep down some of the hate messages lol. I have the track file if you want it.
KTFBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #4
sirrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFBGB View Post
I liked it. Was challenging but fun. I got a bomb on target but got shot down by a SAM in my turn to make a second pass. I was out of sidearms by the time I actually got to the target. I should have kept two for WP 4. Didn't find any bugs, refueling went good. Plenty of time before he starts his first turn.

The only feedback is maybe put an explanation in the download page on DCS that it is an intermediate level mission and not really for beginners. They will need to understand basic SAM defensive flight maneuvers to stand any chance. Maybe that will keep down some of the hate messages lol. I have the track file if you want it.
Great to hear you liked it. You're right about it being challenging, as I was hoping this would add to some replay value. I'll add the "beginners warning" line on the download page and maybe also add that it's no shame if you get killed on the first try
I indeed placed a few "surprises" near the target area to give it a bit more of a hornets nest feel
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote