WAR emergency power - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-12-2019, 11:58 PM   #31
BuzzU

Coolant temps continuing to go up after seizure shows it was temp that made it seize up.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:01 AM   #32
Magic Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzU View Post
Coolant temps continuing to go up after seizure shows it was temp that made it seize up.
Not always. When prop striking, the temp will shoot up as well. I think it just happens when the engine seizes in general.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:04 AM   #33
BuzzU

Have you ever seen a real engine seize?
Old 06-13-2019, 12:07 AM   #34
Magic Zach

No, and that's not the point. The point is, if you've ever had your engine seize in the DCS Mustang, you'll notice that it doesn't matter how it seized, the temps will always top out the gauge.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:36 AM   #35
BuzzU

I never seized one in DCS.

I have seen many seize on an engine dyno. (i'm an old hot rodder) I only noticed temp going up when overheating caused the seize. If it lost a bearing and seized I didn't see the temps do anything unusual.

My point is, I believe if they fix the cooling on the Mustang seizures will be a lot less. I won't say they go completely away, because some guys can break anything.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:54 AM   #36
Magic Zach

Heh. Tbh I haven't locked up my engine (that wasn't caused by damage) in a real long time. Though just hours ago on Burning Skies, I typed half a sentence before I realized the chat was closed, and I had gone into WEP without noticing it until I started losing engine power from overheating, all temp gauges were topped out. While it didn't seize, I limped it back to Krymsk from red TA1, scraping up 150MPH in my shallow dive. Engine finally died when I cut to idle on the runway.

The cooling dynamics will make overheating the Merlins different, for sure. It will be pretty interesting to see what ED comes up with for us.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:44 AM   #37
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
Heh. Tbh I haven't locked up my engine (that wasn't caused by damage) in a real long time. Though just hours ago on Burning Skies, I typed half a sentence before I realized the chat was closed, and I had gone into WEP without noticing it until I started losing engine power from overheating, all temp gauges were topped out. While it didn't seize, I limped it back to Krymsk from red TA1, scraping up 150MPH in my shallow dive. Engine finally died when I cut to idle on the runway.

The cooling dynamics will make overheating the Merlins different, for sure. It will be pretty interesting to see what ED comes up with for us.
never happent to me when i use wep i alwayes monitor temp so every engine seizing happen to me at temps within limits.
you just overheat coolant and this is difrent kind of engine damage which happen to me but not at wep setting it happen to me at continous power
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:45 AM   #38
Skwinty

Once I understood the following, the engine problems disappeared.

https://youtu.be/B_0sIVURe0M
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	211991  
128GB SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Skwinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:43 AM   #39
grafspee

[IMG][/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwinty View Post
Once I understood the following, the engine problems disappeared.

https://youtu.be/B_0sIVURe0M
this looks like manual for older versions where you had thorttle and wep separated.
we have later model with wep incorporated in to thorttle and at sea level you gaining about 11mph at 67" than at 61" i know that 61" have 15 minute mark and 67" has 5minute mark i never used wep for longer than 2-3minutes most often its no more then 1 minute.
and alter version allowed for 75/72" wep were used giving even more top speed gain and if k-4 is on your six this 11mph higher top speed at wep is blessing thing

Last edited by grafspee; 06-15-2019 at 09:45 AM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #40
Magic Zach

I wonder how higher octane would affect the engine's limits and breaking point, if at all.