Black Shark 3? - Page 50 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #491
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WA View Post
LOL! Yeah, I've noticed that! Shrinking the gate as small as you can seems to get a better lock. Big gate around the heli = no lock!

Shkval is really screwed up. Maybe they don't want to have to come up with a real contrast system yet, but at least they could make it better than this.
I would even love system if it would drop lock now and then, but not getting lock is like real frustration.

Same thing otherwise, A-10C having lock through trees or past buildings.
No problem that target is visible at all, you have the lock.
Su-25T auto snapping to target etc... Just no!

But nothing but contrast on sky and NO LOCK!
Automatically jumping gate to some random direction sleeving or Fighting back the system to get gate stay still.

I could pay BS3 just to get that balanced and fixed in all!

A 256x320 resolution at Max for Shkval, please!?
A ugly yellow tint and distortion on screen? Yes please!

Same thing for all targeting systems, no more 1024px resolution, no more perfect rendering etc. No more linked to mirrors quality!

I don't want Shkval to see in night or even after sunset!

Lots of these "small paper cuts" is what makes DCS annoying. Be it a perfect TGP pods or any camera stabilization gimbal limitless. Or how a OSA-AK can launch missile from the move to Target in just few seconds and it should have a 4 minute preparation time!
Old 06-15-2019, 09:15 PM   #492
BranchPrediction

In a Russian forum a developer said that not all ka50's have a yellow tint, and he said that ours doesnt have it.
Ill try to find it, give me a sec.

Does the targeting system in the a10 also use contrast in real life?

Edit: cant find it sry

Last edited by BranchPrediction; 06-15-2019 at 09:33 PM.
BranchPrediction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:48 PM   #493
Weta43
Veteran

Quote:
Same thing otherwise, A-10C having lock through trees or past buildings.
I haven't checked for a while, but while before release it did exactly that, at release it didn't - what it used to do at release (but might not now) was emulate a system that generated a track & if it lost lock (behind a building or tree) it would continue to track that path and speed, and if within some time period it found the object back in its view (because it re-appeared), would pick up the lock again.
If the tracked object changed direction or speed while out of sight, it would lose the target.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:54 PM   #494
Avimimus

It is interesting that no one is bringing up the fact that the Igla was marketed as an option for the Ka-50... so it might not have been done, but the capacity was planned/considered/offered.

There are even some relatively credible reports that a version was offered with the RVV-AE/R-77 (albeit with a completely new cockpit/nose-section). So, the idea of wiring in an Igla seems pretty tame to me.

The thing that is controversial in my mind is having a third set of hardpoints! That is really sketchy!
Avimimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:55 PM   #495
Avimimus

"Aviation and Cosmonautics 2015 09" in the article "History of the Black Shark through the eyes of creators". ("Авиация и космонавтика 2015 09", "История Черной Акулы глазами создателей").

"Генеральный предположил, что в этих условиях необходимо модернизировать объектовую ПВО, одним из важных элементов которой мог бы стать вертолет-перехватчик. Задачей такой машины было бы оперативное реагирование на возникающую угрозу со стороны «нетрадиционных» средств воздушного нападения и уничтожение целей, применение по которым зенитно-ракетных систем и истребителей неоправданно или технически невозможно.

В этом качестве фирма «Камов» предлагала использовать истребитель Ка-50. Такой перехватчик предполагалось оснастить исключительно серийно производящимися системами. В качестве средства обнаружения воздушных целей должна была быть установлена БРЛС «Копье», разработанная и внедренная в серию ОАО «Фазотрон-НИИР», и оптико-электронная прицельная система ОАО «Геофизика-АРТ», аналогичная устанавливаемой на различных модификациях истребителей Су-27. В качестве средства поражения предлагалось использовать управляемые ракеты Р-77 класса «воздух–воздух», пусковые установки ПЗРК «Игла», а также перспективный многоцелевой комплекс управляемого оружия «Гермес» Тульского ПКБ. Вертолет-перехватчик с помощью 30-мм пушки 2А42 мог бы эффективно бороться с «нетрадиционными» средствами воздушного нападения, к которым С.В. Михеев отнес в первую очередь БПЛА, легкомоторные самолеты, парапланы и мотодельтапланы.

В письме особо обращалось внимание на то, что новый комплекс «Акулы» построен по схеме открытой архитектуры, что позволяло достаточно легко интегрировать вертолет-перехватчик в единое информационное поле противовоздушной обороны страны. Это обеспечивало оперативный взлет и вывод в район встречи с целью вертолета-перехватчика, а, следовательно, сокращало время реакции ПВО на возникшую воздушную угрозу. Немаловажным обстоятельством была возможность сопряжения БРЭО Ка-50 с потоком информации от самолетов дальнего радиолокационного обнаружения А-50 и проходивших в то время испытания вертолетов радиолокационного дозора Ка-35."
Old 06-15-2019, 11:30 PM   #496
Weta43
Veteran

Quote:
t is interesting that no one is bringing up the fact that the Igla was marketed as an option for the Ka-50... so it might not have been done, but the capacity was planned/considered/offered.
Yes, lets not encourage more fantasy aircraft eh ?
Sukhoi offered a variety of AESA radars for foreign buyers of the Su-27/30/xx, but didn't field them.
Oh no - now we'll have 50 pages of request for EASA radar on Su-27 :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N011M Bars.JPG
Views:	644
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	212041  
Old 06-16-2019, 02:57 AM   #497
Avimimus

Well... why not have some 4th or 5th generation lower-fidelity models as an option for those who want them?

The only time the Su-27 fired missiles in anger was an Ethiopian aircraft... does this mean that we shouldn't shoot air-to-air missiles from the Su-27 in any other theatre? The simulation inherently involves counter-factual scenarios which didn't happen...

Also, should nothing which is partially classified be modelled? Or can a few systems be partly made-up or left out entirely? Because if we require that all systems be modelled fully then we're talking about aircraft from the 1950s only...

What I'm saying, is there is a spectrum in the degree of how speculative the simulation is... there will always be speculation - the question is how much.

I for one am still a tiny bit annoyed that the "Su-39" with a Kopyo radar pod that ED made was never released to the public...
Old 06-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #498
amalahama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranchPrediction View Post
Since such a desicion went, can it have FLIR from Ka-50N / Ш?

None. There is absolutely no information on it.
There is absolutely no information on the third pylon, either...

amalahama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:33 PM   #499
BranchPrediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalahama View Post
There is absolutely no information on the third pylon, either...
Yes, i know. Thats why its called ka50ED
BranchPrediction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #500
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weta43 View Post
I haven't checked for a while, but while before release it did exactly that, at release it didn't - what it used to do at release (but might not now) was emulate a system that generated a track & if it lost lock (behind a building or tree) it would continue to track that path and speed, and if within some time period it found the object back in its view (because it re-appeared), would pick up the lock again.
If the tracked object changed direction or speed while out of sight, it would lose the target.
Yes the Shkval does that for 3 seconds, but I am talking about target moving on road inside forest, fully blocked, going in curves etc and TPG tracking perfectly.

Same with Su25T, autolocking target inside a forest etc...

I tested that A-10C in 2.5.3 version as I was not been flying out for a while and was surprised that was all there, like in 1.5 and 1.2.