How many playing alone... - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 03:23 AM   #1
ENO
Veteran

Default How many playing alone...

... who would play MP if there was a casual MP server with all flyable aircraft available in hot and cold start positions? Maybe some air start positions too?

I find I am hesitant to join a server since many I see seem a little more advanced than I am willing to go- I just want to fly the plane. I want to get better- sometimes I can help and sometimes I need help. Maybe one day I’ll feel like I can “do the thing” but until then where do I bang into the edges?

Is there already such a server with discord? Just come in, fly and don’t be a dick?

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art
ENO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
Kula66

Agreed - its a real pain to have to wait to fill the tanks, then cold start (especially in the F-14 waiting for the INS to align) then take off, fly to the combat area and get SPAMRAMM'ed by an 18 carrying a ridiculous loadout! As you say, some of us just love the flying this fantastic sim and don't have a lot of time!

JUST DOGFIGHT is a great server and worth a look, but can be a bit full on ... 3 v 3 gunzo is just mad

I'd be interested in hearing of any servers too.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:23 AM   #3
FragBum+
Posting Rights Revoked

Try the aerobatics servers you usually can get help on your specific airframe depending on time of day. Strictly no weapons policy applies essentially there a great place to get your flying including formation flying skills horned up.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #4
Space Cadet

Great suggestion FragBum, also think about joining an online squadron that has the airframes you own. A lot have training servers or locations on their maps that are less hostile.
Space Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:20 PM   #5
ENO
Veteran

Yeah fragbum that’s kind of what I’m thinking- Trying to figure out if it’s worth the effort of trying to set one up.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:34 PM   #6
HC_Official

Try the Havoc Company server, hosts a training mission, all aircraft available
3 Air to Air zones against AI
3 Air to Ground zones with AI targets
No PvP allowed (you will get kicked if you do)
HC_Official is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #7
Harlikwin

Just try the various PVE servers. GAW is pretty noob friendly either the full on or the training server. Just make sure you get SRS working.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:16 PM   #8
ENO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Just try the various PVE servers. GAW is pretty noob friendly either the full on or the training server. Just make sure you get SRS working.
I’m not a noob and the people I’m thinking of aren’t noobs- I’m just not interested in the pretentious snobbery of people in a sim who pretend to be real pilots.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:31 AM   #9
VZ_342

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENO View Post
... who would play MP if there was a casual MP server with all flyable aircraft available in hot and cold start positions? Maybe some air start positions too?

I find I am hesitant to join a server since many I see seem a little more advanced than I am willing to go- I just want to fly the plane. I want to get better- sometimes I can help and sometimes I need help. Maybe one day I’ll feel like I can “do the thing” but until then where do I bang into the edges?

Is there already such a server with discord? Just come in, fly and don’t be a dick?
I’d be willing and am able during 7pm-9pm PST most days (near Seattle). I have Simple Radio, but have not been able to hear anyone on it (i.e., I don’t really know how it works). I don’t know how to chat w/text either.

SU-25/25T mainly, but I can takeoff, navigate, and land safely in the F-5 also. First few flights should be simple “hey let’s check out the big dam” flights, I’m not a super-aggressive “let’s kill everybody and let G-d sort ‘em out!” flyer.
VZ_342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:59 AM   #10
ENO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ_342 View Post
I’d be willing and am able during 7pm-9pm PST most days (near Seattle). I have Simple Radio, but have not been able to hear anyone on it (i.e., I don’t really know how it works). I don’t know how to chat w/text either.

SU-25/25T mainly, but I can takeoff, navigate, and land safely in the F-5 also. First few flights should be simple “hey let’s check out the big dam” flights, I’m not a super-aggressive “let’s kill everybody and let G-d sort ‘em out!” flyer.
Sounds like we have a few things in common- mind if I reach out to you in IM?