[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-04-2018, 11:35 AM   #11
shdwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by riboyster View Post
First bit of feedback: Give Russian the option of using Su-25A.
Oops, forgot to add it. Will fix in next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkatraz View Post
Having tried a few missions, I have a few things to note:

Please give radio freqs for the various important (AWACS and your flight) units in the briefing. I know you can do it in the mission planner but you might forget on a big mission.

It might be cool if you can add a loadout system into the mission GUI, and give some sort of report about what type of ground units you might encounter. Would make ground pounders more interesting and involve the player more. This would also make it so that it's not annoying to start in the air as you already have the loadout you want.

You misspelled frontline in "Fontline CAS"

Other than those few things that come to the top of my head, this seems really smooth. You only have to do like one technical thing to get this system to work (save the debriefing) and that's it.
Thanks for the suggestion. Currently the whole briefing screen is lacking, but I guess I'll quickly add the default frequencies and bother with proper mission introductions later.

Load out selection is a good suggestion, I have a SEAD missions which would still spawn you with default CAS loadout.

About starting mid-air - you should normally start on the ground (so you'd have a chance to rearm), although if it happens that airport doesn't have enough parking slots, other groups will be spawned mid air. Currently this might happen for both player and AI aircraft, and some of the airports only have like 2 parking slots, which will put you mid-air in most of the operations anyway.
shdwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #12
Lymark

Quote:
Frontline troops transport - helicopter operation to transport infantry troops from the base to the front line. Lowers target strength
Will I get to see the troops I've deployed actually advance and fight on the ground? Or, Is it just a number game, which the enemy strength will 'magically' be lowered every time I transport the troops to a designated location?
Old 07-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #13
RogueSqdn

I must be missing something easy...

I start a PG campaign, click on the carrier, add two Hornets, click Pass Turn so they are delivered. A mission from the carrier is available, I click it, check the AWACs box, change the Amount to 2, the clients to 1, and click commit, and nothing happens. If I leave the two boxes blank and click commit, a mission is generated, but with no aircraft.

FalconNW MachV, HOTAS Warthog, FSSB R3, RS TUSBA, TWCS, VPC WarBRD, CM2 Grip, MT50 Throttle, Oculus Rift S

DEFENSOR FORTIS
RogueSqdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:35 PM   #14
shdwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lymark View Post
Will I get to see the troops I've deployed actually advance and fight on the ground? Or, Is it just a number game, which the enemy strength will 'magically' be lowered every time I transport the troops to a designated location?
No, it's purely a numbers game in this case.

You can actually see the ground vehicles that you assigned to the attack in base capture operations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSqdn View Post
I must be missing something easy...

I start a PG campaign, click on the carrier, add two Hornets, click Pass Turn so they are delivered. A mission from the carrier is available, I click it, check the AWACs box, change the Amount to 2, the clients to 1, and click commit, and nothing happens. If I leave the two boxes blank and click commit, a mission is generated, but with no aircraft.
It seems that I broke something in the line of yesterdays night hotfixes, so carrier ops will not start. Will fix tonight.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #15
MoldyTowel

I've been messing around with this all morning..seriously amazing work. When you customize things it truly shines.
MoldyTowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:45 PM   #16
RogueSqdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwp View Post
It seems that I broke something in the line of yesterdays night hotfixes, so carrier ops will not start. Will fix tonight.

Thanks for the response. I don't suppose it will work with an existing campaign if I download your update, would it? I managed to get Hornet missions working from Al Dhafra.

FalconNW MachV, HOTAS Warthog, FSSB R3, RS TUSBA, TWCS, VPC WarBRD, CM2 Grip, MT50 Throttle, Oculus Rift S

DEFENSOR FORTIS
RogueSqdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:16 PM   #17
Fishbreath

Thanks for this! It's working great so far.

I have noticed that sometimes the American AWACS is an A-50. The mission planner says it's on 251MHz, but I wasn't able to talk to it when I tuned the Harrier's radio to 251MHz, either AM or FM.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:41 PM   #18
Shein

So is there a way to run this online Coop?
The problem seems to be no briefing in the end of the mission...
Shein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:41 PM   #19
MoldyTowel

Not sure how feasible it is to fix, but armor groups at airfields go to a single waypoint and just cluster up making it easy to just CBU them and what not.
MoldyTowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:55 PM   #20
shdwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSqdn View Post
Thanks for the response. I don't suppose it will work with an existing campaign if I download your update, would it? I managed to get Hornet missions working from Al Dhafra.
It should. Normally this would differ from update to the update, but the only thing that I've added in terms of the content is Su25. As long as you don't miss it in the campaign you should be able to continue playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbreath View Post
Thanks for this! It's working great so far.

I have noticed that sometimes the American AWACS is an A-50. The mission planner says it's on 251MHz, but I wasn't able to talk to it when I tuned the Harrier's radio to 251MHz, either AM or FM.
A-50 should be strictly on the Russian side. Could you write a proper bug report (see https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberat...roubleshooting for the instructions) if that happens again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shein View Post
So is there a way to run this online Coop?
The problem seems to be no briefing in the end of the mission...
There was a problem with the multiplayer, could you try the most recent release and check whether it works for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyTowel View Post
Not sure how feasible it is to fix, but armor groups at airfields go to a single waypoint and just cluster up making it easy to just CBU them and what not.
Good point, I'll spread them a little bit around the airfield, thanks.

Tags
campaign, dynamic campaign