[MOOSE] RAT - Random Air Traffic - Page 38 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #371
Pianoman

This is such a great addition to DCS, thanks very much. However, I don't know if it's me but the A320 Emirates livery is not showing correctly ... just as a white aircraft. The other A320s seem to be okay, just this one. I looked in the Emirates folder and there isn't a "description.lua" file (as there is with all the others) ... could that be it ?
Pianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:15 AM   #372
SgtRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
This is such a great addition to DCS, thanks very much. However, I don't know if it's me but the A320 Emirates livery is not showing correctly ... just as a white aircraft. The other A320s seem to be okay, just this one. I looked in the Emirates folder and there isn't a "description.lua" file (as there is with all the others) ... could that be it ?
Definitely yes. But there is one in the original folder. Just check your downloaded file. Or use another description.lua, copy it into the Emirates folder, edit it that it points to the correct .dds and you're done.
SgtRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:34 PM   #373
Pianoman

Thanks phrantic, I copied and edited another description.lua and the Emirates livery is now showing up correctly ... thanks again
Pianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:47 PM   #374
SgtRob

Np mate. Glad you got it working.
SgtRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:45 PM   #375
ENO
Veteran

Best. 13. Pages. Ever.

This is an awesome, easy to use tool that instantly enhances the ambiance of any mission- Just getting some activity in the world is a huge boost.

I've started with some simple enhancements demonstrated in the initial videos and now hunting around for the script for the activating uncontrolled units- I think that's where the real money can be. I see the basic scripts in the documentation in the link provided in one of the initial posts- but where can I find the script used to activate the uncontrolled units? Is there a brief sample of how that looks?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfranky View Post
High Frequency Outbound Traffic At McCarran International

44 aircraft are spawned at Henderson Executive Airport in uncontrolled state. Only 30 are activated and begin their mission. They will be respawned (again in uncontrolled state) at the airport they arrived and continue from there once they get activated.

During the mission only 30 aircraft will be active. The aircraft that get activated are selected randomly from the pool of uncontrolled aircraft.

MOOSE RAT script:
Code:
-- Skins
local cessnaskins={"Blank", "D-EKVW", "HellenicAF", "Muster", "N9672H", "SEagle_blue", "SEagle_red", "USAF-Academy", "V5-BUG", "VH-JGA"}

local cessna=RAT:New("RAT_CESSNA", "Cessna Henderson")
cessna:SetDeparture("Henderson Executive Airport")
cessna:Livery(cessnaskins)
cessna:SetSpawnDelay(30)
cessna:SetSpawnInterval(0.5)
cessna:Uncontrolled()
cessna:ActivateUncontrolled(30, 120, 120, 0.5)
cessna:ContinueJourney()
cessna:Spawn(44)
Nevermind- found it!

But I am curious about what these numbers represent? cessna:ActivateUncontrolled(30, 120, 120, 0.5) I see this is "Uncontrolled are activated randomly after certain time intervals..." Are these just random intervals in seconds with more potential for 120 seconds to be selected? Does .5 just say the randomness will be within 50% of the other numbers? A bit confused by that. (EDIT again- I'm an idiot... it's literally a few posts above this one.

Sorry guys. )

Where can I find the "definitions" for the scripts?

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Last edited by ENO; 05-18-2019 at 01:17 AM.
ENO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #376
Hardcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENO View Post
Where can I find the "definitions" for the scripts?
MOOSE documentation:
https://flightcontrol-master.github....Documentation/

RAT section in MOOSE documentation:
https://flightcontrol-master.github....ional.Rat.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENO View Post
But I am curious about what these numbers represent? cessna:ActivateUncontrolled(30, 120, 120, 0.5)
https://flightcontrol-master.github....teUncontrolled

Last edited by Hardcard; 05-17-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Hardcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:15 PM   #377
ENO
Veteran

Perfect thanks a ton. Hadn’t looked far enough down the page.

Old 05-17-2019, 10:24 PM   #378
ENO
Veteran

I've got a few different groups of aircraft spawning uncontrolled at Kobuleti- fighter sized aircraft of different types are disappearing as they start to head out to the taxiway... Other aircraft of the same type seem to be fine- not sure the connection.

Any ideas?

Last edited by ENO; 05-18-2019 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Sorry for stupid questions- maybe this one is better...
Old 05-18-2019, 10:26 PM   #379
ENO
Veteran

Eh- Me again.

Is there a way to define random parking number spaces beyond just saying "big" or "med" or "big or med?"

Trying to stay somewhat random but also sticking to some plausible aircraft configurations in some places. Using the "addresses" on the parking stalls... or at least ranges of those parking spaces, could work.
I don't see anything in documentation but it's not because it's not there... But I've been looking pretty carefully in the areas outlined above and having no luck.

Also- I have been using ...BigOrMed for the most part since using only "Med" doesn't seem to result in anything spawning. Not sure if I'm missing something but I haven't been able to make it work.

Thanks again in advance,

Old 06-05-2019, 01:41 PM   #380
davebert

I see the Civil_Aircraft_Mod V0.80.7 is out and I wonder how that reflects the info on page one of this thread. What changes are necessary if any to RAT?
Thanks

added: Does CAM work with all terrains?

Last edited by davebert; 06-05-2019 at 01:49 PM.
davebert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moose, random air traffic, rat