[MOOSE] RAT - Random Air Traffic - Page 31 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-03-2018, 04:41 PM   #301
funkyfranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
I got stuck on Steam since I purchased the F18/Persian Gulf bundle. I didn't know it wasn't compatible with the standalone anymore. Otherwise I'd never done that.
Can somebody tell me if mods also work for Steam users?
I am also not a steam user. But I would think mods are handled the same, i.e. placed in the Saved Games directory, as in the stand alone version.

If the mod is not showing up, it probably means that you did not put it in the right directory. Maybe you can share a screen shot of your installation folder so that people can better help?
funkyfranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:53 PM   #302
sirrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfranky View Post
I am also not a steam user. But I would think mods are handled the same, i.e. placed in the Saved Games directory, as in the stand alone version.

If the mod is not showing up, it probably means that you did not put it in the right directory. Maybe you can share a screen shot of your installation folder so that people can better help?
I placed the files using this path:

Should be correct, right?
sirrah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #303
funkyfranky

Quote:
Should be correct, right?
Yeah, to me that looks right
funkyfranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:04 PM   #304
sirrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfranky View Post
Yeah, to me that looks right
There's no need/option to "activate" mods ingame orso? It should just work?

Starting to think it really is due to the Steam version, although I can't seem to find an answer to that question when I google it.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:30 PM   #305
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
There's no need/option to "activate" mods ingame orso? It should just work?

Starting to think it really is due to the Steam version, although I can't seem to find an answer to that question when I google it.

Hi,

Just tested it, and the CAM Mod DOES work on Steam. The Steam version of DCS doesnt have a Module Manager where we can check if the Mod is working, but if the CAM icon appears on the Main DCS Screen, then the Mod is in fact loaded and working .. tried it myself ... do you have this icon on your DCS?

Best regards
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #306
sirrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
Hi,

Just tested it, and the CAM Mod DOES work on Steam. The Steam version of DCS doesnt have a Module Manager where we can check if the Mod is working, but if the CAM icon appears on the Main DCS Screen, then the Mod is in fact loaded and working .. tried it myself ... do you have this icon on your DCS?

Best regards
I just tested it in the stand alone version (which as you know uses the same saved games folder) and there I see the mod installed, just as you pointed out. Again tried the Steam version and there I don't see it

Could the problem be that I installed the Steam version under C:/program files?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld

I think I read somewhere that this might cause a problem in combination with dcs mods.. But I have no idea if that source was trustworthy..
Old 11-03-2018, 08:39 PM   #307
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
... Could the problem be that I installed the Steam version under C:/program files?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld

May be ... my Steam DCS is at E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld ... and it is a vanilla install, no Mods other than CAM.

On the Steam Library, you can right click on DCS World, select Properties -> Local Files ... there is a button "Move Install Folder" .. perhaps you could give it a try

Best regards
Old 11-04-2018, 07:50 AM   #308
sirrah

Quote:
May be ... my Steam DCS is at E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld ... and it is a vanilla install, no Mods other than CAM.

On the Steam Library, you can right click on DCS World, select Properties -> Local Files ... there is a button "Move Install Folder" .. perhaps you could give it a try

Best regards
I don't see this option

Old 11-04-2018, 10:11 AM   #309
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see this option
You need to have at least two Steam libraries, on different drives, to be able to move games.

Check on Preferences -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:58 AM   #310
sirrah

Quote:
You need to have at least two Steam libraries, on different drives, to be able to move games.

Check on Preferences -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders.
I did find a workaround to be able to create two Steam libraries on one drive (partition). You have to alter the "libraryfolders.vdf" file. I added the bold line below:

"LibraryFolders"
{
"TimeNextStatsReport" "12589731"
"ContentStatsID" "30876349087934"
"1" "C:\\Games"
}

After that I was able to use the "move install folder" button in Steam.

Unfortunately moving DCS from the default "program files" folder to my new "games" folder didn't solve the problem of not seeing the Civil Aircraft Mod
Everything else just works fine though..

If anyone has any more suggestions please let me know

Last edited by sirrah; 11-04-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Tags
moose, random air traffic, rat