Black Shark 3? - Page 58 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #571
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.E.Bulba View Post
Pull a single phrase out of the context of the whole discussion in Russian, and bring it in proof of your own illusions?! You are the best!
That is his message, linked to the discussion so anyone can go to read the question and his answer.

You have the illusions, not me.

I am not demanding third pylon.
I am not demanding IGLAs or R-73.
I am not even demanding glass cockpit.

So keep your illusions by yourself.

The point still is, ED is not doing fantasy aircraft that shoots lasers, kills unicorns and defy the physics by flying at Mach 10.

Quote:
Выдернуть одну-единственную фразу из контекста целой дискуссии на русском языке, и привести её в доказательство собственных иллюзий?! Ты лучший!
Old 06-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #572
M1Combat

I like your enthusiasm, heart, direction and way of thinking Fri13.

Nvidia RTX2080 (HTC Vive)
MSI Z77 MPower
Core i5-3570K
24GB G-Skill Trident-X

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals
(UCR - mapping throttle and clutch pedals together to form a rudder Axis)
M1Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:21 PM   #573
M1Combat

Also... I read through the RU threads and I think your point is super well made and I love what ED is planning.

It's all correct choices IMO

Nvidia RTX2080 (HTC Vive)
MSI Z77 MPower
Core i5-3570K
24GB G-Skill Trident-X

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals
(UCR - mapping throttle and clutch pedals together to form a rudder Axis)
M1Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #574
pepin1234

@fri13 about the Ka-52 as AFAC at night. Remember the Ka-50 carry the illumination S-8 rockets. Will be great get contacts vía datalink from Ka-52 and just shot illumination rockets to this marked position. Ka-52 can save you load of work and improve the situation awareness. The only ED should do is let Ka-52 AI be in the same Ka-50 group. Thinking about systems compatibility
Old 06-19-2019, 06:05 PM   #575
3WA

Would love to see an AI Ka-52.

As for the Shkval, according to Chizh and Laivynas, it was eventually dumped.

As per S.E. Bulba, replaced on the Ka-52 with Goes-451.

It would make a lot of sense to have a Ka-50 with the Goes-451. This gives you FLIR and the same system the Ka-52 is using. I can't see running around using ancient spotting flares on a modern 2019 battlefield , when you have an advanced Ka-52 sending you target data. Shooting blindly into the dark seems ridiculous and "fantasy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WA View Post
Hey, Chizh.

Could you say that in English? I can't get it to translate well.

Thanks.

привет, Чиж

Не могли бы вы сказать это по-английски? Я не могу заставить его хорошо переводить.

спасибо.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laivynas View Post
Finally Shkval usage was cancelled. And for sure for certain reasons.

Quote:
By Shkval, do you mean the FLIR (SAMSHIT), or the Day Scope we have on the Sim as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laivynas View Post
Day Scope

Quote:
Wow, so what would they use to lock targets with now? Some new electro-optical system?

Any links to what replaced it? And do you have plans to use it on the Ka-50ED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.E.Bulba View Post
Сейчас на Ка-52 стоит круглосуточная обзорно-прицельная система ГОЭС-451 (GOES-451).

Смотри стр.4 (PDF).

Now ka-52 is a round-the-clock review and sighting system goes-451 (GOES-451). (Yandex Translate).

x

Last edited by 3WA; 06-19-2019 at 08:14 PM.
3WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:46 PM   #576
CiberAlex

Quote:
Now ka-52 is a round-the-clock review and sighting system goes-451 (GOES-451). (Yandex Translate).
Video from GOES-451 (in Syria)

Old 06-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #577
Sniper175

Would be so nice to have that in the upcoming upgrade!
Old 06-19-2019, 10:36 PM   #578
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepin1234 View Post
@fri13 about the Ka-52 as AFAC at night. Remember the Ka-50 carry the illumination S-8 rockets. Will be great get contacts vía datalink from Ka-52 and just shot illumination rockets to this marked position.
Great point!

I have not used those illumination rockets in the DCS after 2.0 Alpha. Always found those some way "unrealistic" as they illuminated so large area so clearly in 1.2.x.

But it is not such a "surprise" anymore for other parts than a camps/defence locations that anyways the enemy needs to hold.

Quote:
Ka-52 can save you load of work and improve the situation awareness. The only ED should do is let Ka-52 AI be in the same Ka-50 group. Thinking about systems compatibility
I hope ED is going to do major overhaul in the group functionality when they get their RTS elements developed. As you can't have believable semi-realistic military operations with the current group functionality that is likely from the original Flanker.

As we need a command structure, the information network, the communication means and behavior, every unit having LOS and FOV and all that.

It would radically change the helicopters operational capability when you could actually surprise the targets as they can't see you on every direction all the time, and then if one unit in the group spots you, all knows you in few seconds based the skill level.

So adding all kind delays for communications times over radio or lack of it when in attack etc, will make helicopters far more dangerous as you can approach targets for over-fly or near fly-by with rocket and cannon runs.

It would be so nice to be able easily get over radio the AI give you the status and requests for assistance etc. Coordinates for attack, possible enemies etc. That you would be there to punch to PVI-800 for waypoints, or use ABRIS to find the town/city and then measure the distances from there to the location etc.

We are likely going to have a great next 3-5 years if ED gets things done well.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:57 PM   #579
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Would love to see an AI Ka-52.

As for the Shkval, according to Chizh and Laivynas, it was eventually dumped.
Yes it was left behind, it was great system back in the 70-80's when it was designed and taken in use. But it just got quickly obsolete as you didn't get it flexible enough.

It is similar as with the AV-8B N/A own ARBS system that it shared from the A-4.
Both really limited by the any day, any weather requirement. But performed well otherwise.

[quote]It would make a lot of sense to have a Ka-50 with the Goes-451. This gives you FLIR and the same system the Ka-52 is using. I can't see running around using ancient spotting flares on a modern 2019 battlefield , when you have an advanced Ka-52 sending you target data. Shooting blindly into the dark seems ridiculous and "fantasy".

Well, that was the point in the future, just like the Russian government stated as one of the production standard requirements to be. A FLIR, but Shkval couldn't support it well enough.

But the "old methods" shouldn't be looked down. Like in the cold war scenarios western observers were laughing how Soviets tank commanders used hand signals and flags to command tank platoons around etc. Questioning that didn't Soviets have even radios.
Well, they did have radios, but the benefit of the training and operation was that your communications can't be jammed, listened and it doesn't reveal your location to the enemy. Something that was done for the western ones (and likely reason why F-22 doesn't have datalink sharing capability to others).

Similar thing is example with the ground units requesting air support from a CAS. You can't be giving support from a 30 km range of the troops, you need to be just close to them seeing what is happening, listening their requests etc.
And when you are close-by anyways, you don't need any coordinates or laser markers etc. You have the map, the ground troops has the map. You need to know anyways where your supported troops are advancing and located. And all that is required in some situations is a visual markpoint to the pilot. Be it example a red smoke grenade thrown to mark your troops location, and then inform over radio the direction, distance and target type for the enemy.

Pilot should be able to spot your red smoke, know his own direction on the ground that where is north etc. And then they can already see the enemy general location at least, if not exactly the location.

And that is missing in the DCS. I rarely find any use for the S-8 rockets in KA-50 as most targets anyways are possible to be destroyed with the 30mm cannon. And then longer range and MBT targets is easier to deal with Vikhr. And that is why if anything I would swap for the IGLA, it would be the S-8 rocket pods.

It would be very nice to get the communications and the functionality to support troops that are transported by the Mi-8, get the rockets to be useful as there would be lots of infantry and firefights would be something else than a 30 vs 30 firing against each others in 10 second period and then end the fight.

Hovering in KA-50 nearby behind the forests and hills, observing advancements, engaging the spotted units etc.

Datalink not required for most of the time, but otherwise great.

Like best flying almost comes in KA-50 when you have 2-3 humans flying together.