AI Landing, Rearming, then Taking back off - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-27-2019, 10:23 PM   #1
jsr9597

Default AI Landing, Rearming, then Taking back off

Will someone please help me learn how to make an AI aircraft land, park, then take-off again?

What Im trying to do is have a airplane fly a mission, RTB then take-off again for another.

How can I do this?

MB / Dave
jsr9597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:12 PM   #2
FoxxyTrotty

Hi Dave,

Setup the AI patrol route as normal then have it goto assigned base for landing like normal... But choose not "landing" option, but "land refuel rearm" on the usual waypoint options drop-down list.

Be sure to note the "rearm time" (default 10min)

Also ensure the next WP after this you set speed/height back the way you want (or it will be 270kts + 100ft AGL, almost certainly results in AI crashing into nearest obstacle!)

You can also set a further waypoint to loop round to an earlier one (eg set waypoint 15 to switch to waypoint 2) which will result in the ai forever patrolling, refueling/arming until they are killed.

This gets around various issues especially online where aircraft may run out of fuel before players engaged, removing a need for scripts to give unlimited fuel to AI etc.
Also tankers in MP now can be recycled too.

There was a bug where refuel/arm aircraft will taxi/fly in reverse after this option was used, I am gonna assume after various bug fixes since this feature was added, has been resolved.
FoxxyTrotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:00 AM   #3
jsr9597

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxyTrotty View Post
Hi Dave,

Setup the AI patrol route as normal then have it goto assigned base for landing like normal... But choose not "landing" option, but "land refuel rearm" on the usual waypoint options drop-down list.

Be sure to note the "rearm time" (default 10min)

Also ensure the next WP after this you set speed/height back the way you want (or it will be 270kts + 100ft AGL, almost certainly results in AI crashing into nearest obstacle!)

You can also set a further waypoint to loop round to an earlier one (eg set waypoint 15 to switch to waypoint 2) which will result in the ai forever patrolling, refueling/arming until they are killed.

This gets around various issues especially online where aircraft may run out of fuel before players engaged, removing a need for scripts to give unlimited fuel to AI etc.
Also tankers in MP now can be recycled too.

There was a bug where refuel/arm aircraft will taxi/fly in reverse after this option was used, I am gonna assume after various bug fixes since this feature was added, has been resolved.
FT - thx for your help. Regret a/c taxi'd in reverse.
jsr9597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #4
Habu_69

Has anyone successfully commanded AI wingmen to land and rearm? I have set flight plan as above, but wingmen simply land and park. They never take off again.
Habu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #5
Habu_69

Guess I will try to partially simulate my objective by destroying the uncooperative wingmen units and late activate new ones.
Habu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote