F86 AI Damage Model - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #21
Boomer20

As far as my understanding of the Mig-15 goes it was a bit of a rocket ship when it came to climbing. It was designed to intercept how altitude bombers after all. My personal gripe is the basic lack of a stall speed. However I have been getting good results by reducing the AI skill level to good. While they still maintain there gravity-defying qualities they are at least a bit more reasonable to dogfight with. Even making the odd mistake (decision) leaving them vulnerable for the kill.
Boomer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:12 PM   #22
Squiffy

Right. I feel the same. Just a couple nights ago I made the mistake of leaving an aircraft set to good and not average! Haha, Shows you where I'm at. I may increase the stall speed just to see how AI handles it. It could climb yes, but the maneuvering near the limit is what we'd like to tweak. I need to be careful because eye strain is cramping me up this week. I need new glasses but I have to wait until after my surgery next week.

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.
Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:33 PM   #23
Squiffy

I have played with the SFMs. They are nice matrices with various data points set according to mach number. Roll rate and pitch rate were the first I tried at low speed entries for the scissor maneuver I was talking about. It can be done and can be blended across the matrix. Max g in turns, max angle of bank appear elsewhere but can be used to limit performance. It's working I am tweaking my beta install after the update. the damage effects are pretty cool with the smoke and shrapnel from good hits. Also, the Sabre must have higher M2 (M3) 50 cal shell velocity closer to 899 m/s. Extend life of round out to 10 units and maximum range to about 2000 m. Looks much more realistic and you can get hits on migs in higher speed distance shots with more g as it should be. And then when you close in like in a stall turn maneuver, you can shred them with accurate fire in less than 300 ft. Like you should with a 50 cal. The barrel heat dynamics are an exact copy of the Mig 15 cannon barrel. How is that possible? I have edited that down but they are different guns with different shells and the iron and tin probably came from different mines

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Last edited by Squiffy; 06-17-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:11 PM   #24
Squiffy

Check this thread for MiG-15 SFM edits

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...5&postcount=22