Pilot Ranks USAF - USN-USMC-non-US services

MistahBobbo

Since getting the Hornet module in October I have been trying to find out anything about how to get a correct rank for a US Navy pilot - what I see is the USAF rank in the Logbook when I create a new pilot.

Does anyone know of a way to have a Navy pilot have naval ranks, i.e. Ensign, LtJg, Lieutenant, Lt Commander, etc? In a similar vein, I would assume that non-US military organizations have their own rank structure - how does on set up a pilot to use the correct rank "tree" in their respective service, if you will.

Appreciate any input on this...

BoB N.

USN- 6 years active duty and never once came across a naval officer with a rank of 2nd Lieutenant... just sayin!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"What a long strange trip its been..."

"VFA-143"

This ?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301042/

(but multiplayer integrity check fails with it)

Thanks for the props!

It does fail IC, but the good news is that you can simply disable the USN component of the mod to pass IC, and since it uses the USAF Aggressor slot it won’t affect your pilot while you’re in MP.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Maybe DCS plans to change things in this area down the line.

I might try the cited mod down the line a bit...

Blue Skies !

Yeah, DCS needs some adjustments to better support and represent US Navy aviation. I feel like we are flying in a USAF world.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"