DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

MrDieing

Source ?

Date of the screenshot ?

When I see the progress on the viper, those screenshots makes me think that the Hind project has started yesterday ! Lollll

Same feeling here. But we should not forget about a fact, that we´ve seen exterior model Mi-24P in one of F-18 videos before it´s release.

But yes - if they are this "far", it could be long way. I still hoping for miracle.

Maybe it´s time to finally bring this home, what do you think?

Well, I am excited and happy to see some real renders in colour, and a few hints about direction of development

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

Finally some news on it :).

I've been taking a break from flight sims for the past few months but I'll certainly be back once ED releases this one.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

I can't hid my disappointments a bit. I thought the development has gone further than this... It's surprising that the F16 is more advanced in the process

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

I stopped testing at Xmas, and I don't think I'm breaking any NDA's to say that I wouldn't let those pics dishearten you.

Cheers.

I'm really excited for this one but I don't like the variant P! The D variant will give gunner more fun... while in P Gunner can only shoot ATGMs?! and fly the ship if the pilot is down! Doesn't seem like a lot to me...!

+1 But I'll still buy it regardless of that little problem.

I'm waiting to see the looks of the Mi-8s and Hueys when I load troops and fight all the missions all by my self, LOL! No offense to no one.

-Rahon;3932323']Uhm... No' date=' why would it be? While Mi-24D and earlier variants had СПО-10, Mi-24V's and P's had your 'regular' СПО-15 Cирена C-3M, allso known as "Берёза".[/quote']

I'm referring to this: [attached image]

Is that not what I think it is? Or is it assumed to be extraneous legacy hardware or something?

indicator.png.36b19a3eb45a3b176f0b7653a8348dab.png

It *could* be a placeholder - or as hinted by a poster above, maybe an earlier render?

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, is that "periscope" thing on the front cockpit used for missile aiming/guidance? It's canted to the right of the navigator... can it be re positioned to the front of him? Or he must twist himself to use it?

• 2 months later...
Celebration! I wonder if new challenges refers to some expanded scope of the AI?

Mi-24 being multicrew (at least in AI form) is mandatory, unlike the Mi-8 and Huey which can be done with a single person. It has very dedicated and task separated pilot/gunner positions, so yeah, it's safe to say AI and multicrew are going to be the big hangups on this one.

Keep in mind we only have a couple examples of multicrew thus far in many years:

Hawk (never worked)

L-39 (works, but simple trainer with overlapping controls)

Yak-52 (same)

C-101 (same)

Gazelle (more or less works, but very quirky due to side by side)

The F-14, launching just this year, was the first fully functional, complex aircraft with true multicrew in the game. The Mi-24 is likely to be the second, so it's a lot of new ground being broken.

I think people really underestimate the difficulty in doing multicrew in such complex vehicles. Seriously, where do you usually see it? Battlefield (arcade) and Arma (still simple vics/aircraft). Maybe Star Citizen is similarly complex, due to characters moving around in them, but the vessels aren't remotely as complicated systems modelingwise.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

thanks for sharing!

really hoping to try the flying tank soon! :joystick:

For sure we will not see the Mi-24 module in the coming months (even in open beta version), but receiving news times to times lets us continue to dream of a future availability...

I requested to NL to share more info on the non-priority modules even if it's only to say that X or Y projects are still under development and are progressing slowly...

I am pretty sure that BS3 will come before the Hind. Quiet normal because just an upgrade and as Zhukov has mentionned, the multicrew has to still to be developped by ED.

Edited by Razorback