Mudspike C-101 Review...

BeachAV8R

Very thorough review, kind of old-school .. its been a while since I’ve read a good article like this, as the video-reviews seem to be the rule these days :)

Thanks a lot for mentioning my missions, it was very unexpected and really made my day :D

Cheers!

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Very thorough review, kind of old-school .. its been a while since I’ve read a good article like this, as the video-reviews seem to be the rule these days..

Thanks! We (Mudspike) kind of pride ourselves on the old-school type, thoughtful and long-ish type review. That isn't to slag on the YouTubers and Twitch guys, but some of us old dudes kind of enjoy having a cup of coffee in the morning and reading something. I think the YouTube type videos are excellent for providing a good look at the experience in motion. With the written word, you can be a bit more deliberate, for better or worse. LOL

And thank you for the great missions, they add a lot to the module. I really hope we see some great missions and campaigns come down the pipe for the 101!

Thanks! We (Mudspike) kind of pride ourselves on the old-school type, thoughtful and long-ish type review. That isn't to slag on the YouTubers and Twitch guys, but some of us old dudes kind of enjoy having a cup of coffee in the morning and reading something. I think the YouTube type videos are excellent for providing a good look at the experience in motion. With the written word, you can be a bit more deliberate, for better or worse. LOL

And thank you for the great missions, they add a lot to the module. I really hope we see some great missions and campaigns come down the pipe for the 101!

or rather, us "seasoned" dudes...;) indeed, a good write-up and thanks for posting it.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Very nice review this one as well, congratulations and thank you, good job :)

As you know, you can take controls from rear cockpit with J key to ask for controls.

Regarding comments on this article. The AOA indexer is on in this aircraft the whole time, not only when landing gear is down.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

video-reviews seem to be the rule these days :)

I wonder if those sweet, sweet Google Ads checks seem add to that notion. ;)

EDIT: Forgot - great review! And it does justice to the C-101. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As you know, you can take controls from rear cockpit with J key to ask for controls.

Regarding comments on this article. The AOA indexer is on in this aircraft the whole time, not only when landing gear is down.

LOL..thank you, we had forgotten about the "J" key..! We were puzzling over that all night..and it has been so long since we had flown a multi-crew plane. That solves a big part of the mystery!

:thumbup: