Desync when switching controls in MP

Justin Case

So I’ve been flying the L-39 a lot since release, so much that my community mates makes fun of me. I even have a basic flight training program where i spend a lot of time in the back seat.

Since a while back I’ve stopped switching controls between the pilots because of desync problems. A few months ago a “student” and I were flying along on a low level navigation sortie, as he went heads down in the F10 map, the nose dropped and our vector pointed towards a tree line. I took over controls, lifted the nose carefully and gave him back the control of the aircraft. As I did that, our right aileron went flying forward like a missile...the aircraft was now damaged and I lost my airspeed indicator. Similar things has happened during the last year-ish, so much that I’m not able to demonstrate manoeuvres anymore for fear of breaking the aircraft.

This has been between a server and clients with good bandwidth and stable connections, ping is usually around 10-30. Physical distance is within Sweden which is a well developed country when it comes to internet connections.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

Desync within DCS World is an ongoing issue, not just with the L39. Other issues includes desync in external views where sometimes gear up/down is not synced between clients, invisible parts , aircraft that taxi without gear etc. Also from time to time clients become totally invisible in multiplayer!

From what I heard, avoid pausing in mp sessions as it may cause desync. Let's hope that introduction of dedicated servers resolve some of the desync issues.

I’m only referring to the issue of transferring controls between players, which used to work some time ago. We flew a large formation of about 16 players in various modules last week, paused several times during the flight and it worked flawlessly. But I have “seen” invisible clients but that hasn’t affected gameplay too much yet since we’ve just restarted the server. Losing aircraft parts though can ruin a mission.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.