SABRE PILOTS WANTED!!

Bader

I have the F86 module but have not yet started to use it. However, this post has given me reason to do so. Currently, I have 3 versions of DCS, the regular version, the 2.0 version and an old beta version that appears to be just taking up space. My question is: can I simply convert my beta version to your DCS World version 1.5.3.53279?

Yes, you can use the "Open Beta Version". I have three installs as well and I have the standard install up to the latest patch and my "Beta" install is at the version specified in this thread. You would still follow the directions they provided to set the version but you would run the "DCS_Updater.exe update 1.5.3.53279" from the DCS World OpenBeta bin directory rather than the DCS World bin directory.

FYI- You use the "update" command regardless of what your current version is. Even if your version is newer than this one, you would still use the "update" command and specify the version.

Hope this helps

Alpha

Bader/Alphazula

My stable version of DCS is 1.5.4.57288 and my Beta version is 1.5.4.54316. After thinking about this, I believe that the best thing for me to do is to delete my beta version and just copy my stable version and then go back to 1.5.3.53279. However I have some questions.

Assume that I have 5 modules installed in each version. Can I just delete my beta folder or should I do something with the 5 modules in the Module Manager like click the trash can next to a module name?

When I copy over my stable version and roll it back, I will only need the F86 module so should I also delete the modules not needed in the module manager by clicking the trash can?

Edited by sobe
typo

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Bader/Alphazula

My stable version of DCS is 1.5.4.57288 and my Beta version is 1.5.4.54316. After thinking about this, I believe that the best thing for me to do is to delete my beta version and just copy my stable version and then go back to 1.5.3.53279. However I have some questions.

Assume that I have 5 modules installed in each version. Can I just delete my beta folder or should I do something with the 5 modules in the Module Manager like click the trash can next to a module name?

When I copy over my stable version and roll it back, I will only need the F86 module so should I also delete the modules not needed in the module manager by clicking the trash can?

Sobe,

In order to reduce what you need to do I think the best approach may be to first go to the start menu and then programs and find the Egle Dynamics folder then DCS Open Beta folder. In there you will see "Repair DCS World Open Beta". If you run that it will repair whatever is wrong with that install.

After that, you can check and see if it now works. Then remove the other modules that you don't want via the module manager. If you need to adjust the version just use the instruction provided to do so.

Hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Alpha

Success on the rollback. Now going thru the training missions. I sure miss my HUD. This is like the dark ages.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hi All,

I wanted to make a post clarifying some of the comments I made in my other post about my experience on this server.

I posted some comments about some rather advanced things I have had the opportunity to do on this server. I don't want these comments to rub anyone the wrong way or scare off anyone that may be interested in joining us on this server. The comments I made about IFR landings in 0 visibility, formation flying, chasing cruise missiles and other challenging aspects of what you can do on this server are in no way things that you need to know how to do to come on here. In fact, most of these things I was lucky enough to learn on this server under the guidance of these guys. So whether you want to take up these challenges right away, fly entirely for fun or learn how to do these things at a slow no pressure pace you will be welcomed here. LRRP constantly tells me...."I'm in no hurry here" No elitists here, just fine flying and good comradery.....see you in the Sky!!!

Alpha

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Accidentally came across this this server when looking for some Korean air combat experience to shoot some capitalist invaders in my beloved MiG-15. Although there were no mig slots to be found, the mission setup for sabers seemed pretty interesting.

LRRP and Bader brought me up to speed via teamspeak. Taxing, taking off and flying in a proper orderly fashion following the flight leader instructions had a fresh feel to it. The mission itself turned of to be surprisingly fun. Nicely paced with varied tasks and manageable amount of enemies thrown in at us at a time. Especially I liked IFR landing in complete fog following LRRP's instructions. Felt myself like Tatyana in a vanship tumbling in the Grand Stream <last pic> ))

Screen_170305_201612.thumb.jpg.f76d79254d0de0a7057d00030b6b2b5b.jpgScreen_170305_215627.thumb.jpg.bb8c1d3af5374c17b20ef13a87e359f4.jpgScreen_170307_015902.thumb.jpg.7792c33692fd8b6a46be09f7401a7280.jpg1366643452_.thumb.JPG.49ffbb11bb7cc704b74c31fd2847270c.JPG

Edited by Harle

I will join, eventually. I already have 3 versions of dcs on my computer, id rather play a combined merged version without having to rollback a version.

i7 3930k @ 4.7GHz | GTX 980 Ti | 16GB G.Skill 2133 Quad Channel | Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Win7 ProX64 | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | CH Throttle | BenQ XL2730Z 1440p

Is the simple NWS behavior allowed on your server? I just cannot get the regular NWS behavior to work properly.

• 5 months later...

+2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 4 weeks later...
hey,

just wondering what version you guys are running now in multiplayer?

Is it still an older version?

Thanks

James

+1

+2

Hey guys:

Yes, still running the same version - 1.5.3.53279.

Have been on a summer break from flying but happy to get the server up if anyone out there would like to fly the missions.

Easiest way to get started would be to catch me on TeamSpeak, (info in post #1) and I will talk you through getting set up.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

F-86 test pilot needed to test A.I. behavior in 2.5.1

Still no changes that would allow you to host on 2.5?

Well Harle I don't know for sure.

A big problem has been differing A.I. response to the server host vs. a client in the missions.

An A.I. Mig-15 that would do well against the server host in recent patches would go stupid against a client who joined the server.

So I made a quick little air start test mission to check this every time an update came out, but I can't fly it myself as I need to host while someone who joins the server as a client dogfights a Mig.

My friend Bader, the O.P. of this thread, was my test pilot for all development of these missions and would fly this test whenever a new update came out.

Unfortunately, Bader has had to stop flying due to real life making increased demands on his time.

So I need a volunteer to fly it.

Min. time required approx. 30 mins.

If any Sabre pilot out there would like to help out please post here. We can agree on a time and I will put a server up.

ready to test the f86 on a server 2.5.2 last patch

if you agree make an appointment GMT time

and tell me the name of the server

see you soon maybe

Hello cromhunt:

Thanks for the offer to help test.

This Saturday, June 9 at noon GMT would work perfect for me.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Server name is F-86 PvE Campaign Co-op