Meet and Greet

Hello guys I'm The Second Maverick. I come from Indonesia in Southeast Asia. I've been in love with airplanes since I was a kid and is interested in the world of air combat, precisely in naval aviation. I started out my virtual flying with MSFS 2000 IIRC and then followed by YSFlight Simulator. I've also played several Ace Combat games, which are Ace Combat Zero, 6, and Assault Horizon. I found out about DCS in 2015 but just started playing approximately 2 months ago with the F/A-18C Hornet module in my inventory and I am absolutely amazed with the sim and its modules. My favorite airplanes are the F/A-18 Hornet family and the Su-57 PAK-FA for fighter jets, and the Boeing 737-MAX family, the Boeing 777 family, and the Boeing 787 family for airliners. Well I think that's all from me for now, I hope I'll be able to be able to fly with you guys in the skies soon :thumbup:

Best Regards

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I don't have DCS yet (DYING to play) as I'm working on specs to build a computer worthy of playing it. I'm hoping that will happen in the next month or two. I've been playing Falcon BMS over the last few months. My current computer can barely play that, lol. I'm a real-world pilot (civil) and love these military sims, as it's something I never got to do. Happy to be here, and looking forward to meeting and playing with you guys!

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey everyone,

I've been using the forums for a few weeks but I never knew anywhere to introduce myself until now!

I started playing DCS in 2014 on steam, without any of the DLCs, and with just a mouse and keyboard. I'd always had an interest in flight, I enjoyed the free planes so I got FC3 and enjoy that- but DCS blew my mind with how immersive and realistic it could get when (on the advice of literally everyone) I finally got the A-10C in 2015. Since then, I've got a cheap but decent HOTAS and Track IR.

Being mainly singleplayer, I was quite distanced from the community but recently I've joined the forums and I've been watching and learning, and sharing in the excitement of things to come!

Have a nice day everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hola. I am a 51 year old South Pole penguin, who read Johnathon Livingston Seagull as a kid, and have been drunk on aviation ever since. I grew up in South Carolina flying with my father all over and went into the USAF (C-141 DCC) after HS to pay for college. Spent an additional tour with the SCANG (F-16C B50 LCC) while I attended the real U.S.C. :megalol:

I flew in Warbirds for approximately 20 years and attended multiple conventions. I love going to Oshkosh and will read and watch anything aviation related.

I've been away from flight sims for a few years based on mostly health issues and honestly thought they were dead. Then in November I saw a Reapers video on Youtube and started shopping for computers. Got the rig shown below for the sole purpose of flying DCS :pilotfly:. and it's been worth every penny.

I'm hoping to find a fun and active squadron to join but I work in the evenings so it will likely have to be a Euro squadron for conducive flight times.

::poof::

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

About a Year ago i made my first step in to dcs, buying the SU-33 because it just looked cool. But once I entered the plane I felt like a freshly unfrozen captain America coming from mainly playing IL-2 and only reasearching WW2 Planes. So many blinking lights and switches and screens. Then I took of without retracting the leading edge flaps and got yelled at constantly by some angry Russian Woman. I Learned the Russian phrases for pull up you itiot. You are going to knock you out with those g's you donkey and Vodka spilled over the engine and ignited it you capitalist pig. (At least that's what I think she means.)

Now a year later the Alert 5 Podcast has reawaken my intrest and I got my self the Yak 52 and the mig-15

Much better choice for me and I have finally gotten the approach for this sim.

The Yak is so much fun and I think for me it starts to beat out the Ishak as my favorite Aerobatic plane. And the Mig-15 is just out of this world. So much speed and raw power and the quirky Russian design all over. Ho needs blinking lights for the dashboard if you gan splash some paint on it and mount to uv lights in the cockpit. Moving this fing trough the clouds is like giving a Cat Belly rubs. You better be ready to pull back if it bites.

So Yes this has been my story how I have finally gotten into this wonderful sim and maybe if I take a few extra steps with the mig 19- mig 21 ect, I might one day be able to take that Su-33 for a ride and understand what to do with all those screens and buttons. Altho I'me still not to sure about those Air to air Missiles that do those curvy things.

Hello

Hey boys & girls!

I'm Dave. I'm brand spanking new to DCS. I've been enjoying flight sim since '03 using FS9, FSX & finally switched to P3Dv.4 and XP11 recently, progressing steadily into study level aircraft. My main focus has always been "flying" small, single engine GA aircraft such as the Piper J3 Cub and the Cessna 172 Skyhawk mostly, but I have started working with complex aircraft lately, like the Beechcraft V35B Bonanza, DeHavilland DHC2 Beaver and A2A's North American T6 Texan.

I have been dabbled with some military jets before, but not at this level. DCS seems to have captured the "realness" of dealing with the aircraft from start up to shut down - which is of interest to me. I hope to begin learning and honing my jet jockeying skills soon, but the P51 Mustang is one of my all time favorites - so I'll probably start with it. Hope to see you guys & gals upstairs soon!

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hello all! My name is Jon and I'm pretty new to DCS, but am not ignorant to the general mechanics of flying thanks to many years playing Ace Combat (don't kill me, I know that phrase is somewhat taboo).

Lived around RAF bases for a lot of my youth, which birthed my love for military aviation, but unfortunately my optical biology forbid me from pursuing a dream of flying. As time has passed I've wanted to move to DCS, and Heatblur's F-14 was the push I needed. I've been learning the ropes the past few weeks but am now hoping to join a squadron that's willing to tolerate noobs that want to commit to learning.

I have a YouTube channel under this name which is still mostly AC-oriented, but I want to start slewing more to DCS in future.

Meh

• 3 weeks later...

My name in Brant. Just built my flight sim PC and installed and tested DCS world after doing some overclocking tweaks. Seems to perform as expected in HD and 4K.

I purchased the A10C and F-15 Beta to test and am just getting a feel for the software.

I fly RC and am a 500 hour private pilot and flew Cessna's and Pipers for a while. I did a two-seat home-built plane about fifteen years ago and have used flight sims quite a bit but not DCS until now.

At this point I am studying the headsets to purchase one and waiting for the Oculus Rift S I think or the Reverb. My PD is 65 mm so it should work well for my eyes. I have a drone RC headset and a PlayStation VR already.

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

• 1 month later...

Hi, my name is Mizzy and I have been playing since Flanker 2 which means I am old now :D I'm from the North East of England UK and I have loved aviation since I was a child. That's about it !

Mizzy

• 3 months later...

Rob's the name.

39 and from the Netherlands.

Been at simming ever since my eyes prohibited me from flying in real life.

Kind of a bummer, coming from an aviation family.

Anyway. Been simming since the 90's

In real life i own a mountain bike shop, import a very exclusive brand and build custom bikes too.

DCS A-10C II Warthog, DCS AV-8B, DCS F/A-18C. DCS F-16C DCS KA-50 III, DCS F-14B. DCS AH-64 Apache. DCS Mirage F1. DCS F-15E.
System: Z690 - i9-12900k - RTX 3080ti - 32gb ram - 2tb NVME - 2x2tb HDD - TM Hotas Warthog - MFG Rudders - Trackir/VR

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Started with LOMAC, Flaming Cliffs 2 and then Flaming Cliffs 3. I'm hoping to get into the high quality modules in the future.

Before LOMAC, my first flight simulator would probably be the Janes' series. Do those count? :D

Then work my way to F/A-18 Hornet 3.0 and Korea, Falcon 4.0, and then Flight Simulator 98 to Flight Simulator X.

Nice to meet everyone!

• 1 month later...

Howdy. Long time (2012?) DCS pilot and tinkerer, real life student pilot, military aviation in the blood on both sides. Not much of a forum person, more lurker than conversationalist, but I figured I'd register to participate in community modding stuff, perhaps. I do custom skins sometimes, and spend so much time tinkering with homebrew instrument panel hardware that I feel like I play more as a crew chief than as a pilot.

Left my heart in Palmdale, now it's full of sand.

Welcome to the forums ! Is the Fw-190A8 skin template available yet ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thanks. And dunno, haven't looked yet, but probably not. I've been working on the I-16 this week, which is a challenge since the paint kit for that one isn't available yet. Just hacking on one of the vanilla skins for now. I'll post about it in the mod section when I'm done, probably.

ETA: Oh yeah, and by the way: フォーラムに日本語の部分がありませんしかしここに日本語を話せる人がいますか。単に好奇心です

Edited by Nixie

Left my heart in Palmdale, now it's full of sand.

• 1 month later...

Intro

Greetings I'm Dave from Englewood FL. Retired US Navy Aviation Boatswains Mate Equipment. Cats and Gear. Looking forward to the Supercarrier. The Trailer is true to life form and a masterpiece.

Now with that said and done, still wet behind the ears. I have FC3, A-4E and F-5E with all the Aggressor and red flag campaigns. My after Xmas budget shrunk a bit but wanted to get another bird while on sale. My 2 Choices being the M2000 Mirage or the Viggen, Any recommendations will be taken,

It depends. Which FC3 module was your favorite? If it was the A-10A, then go for the Viggen. If you liked air combat more, then go for the Mirage. However, it takes some time to learn the weapon systems of the Mirage. The Viggen is easier to learn and in the right hands it can also shoot down enemy fighters. Actually I found the Viggen to be more fun, but do not expect to shoot down 4th-gen fighters with it.

What the Mirage and the Viggen have in common is their deltawing design. That means they are very maneuverable at high speeds, but they struggle very hard at low speeds, so you have to manage your energy well.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone,

I'm Dave from Hampshire, England. I've been flying sims since the IL2 Forgotten Battles days, blimey what's that 2004/2005?

IRL I have 19 glider flights out of Lasham gliding centre, but I've still got a long way to go to solo! I have to say it was flight sims that got me into it.

Anyhow I found DCS last Autumn and have been flying the SU25T and the TF51 to the point where I can full cold start, taxi, take off, fly around, navigate to another airport, join the pattern and land safely in both of those aircraft.

Recently, I bought the L39 Albatross and the Kursant campaign and am working on that at the moment. Would be great to fly in Multiplayer with multicrew to make the most of the L39.

Am thinking about getting a Helo in the "Stay at home sale" as I see that as another interesting challenge. The question there I guess is which one? Definitely not the Gazelle but the other three all have interesting merits.

Will be interesting to join in this community and share some tips.

Look forward to meeting some of you around the place.

ATB

Dave

Edited by RaveyDaveyGravy
Uncommanded double line spacing.....

Am thinking about getting a Helo in the "Stay at home sale" as I see that as another interesting challenge. The question there I guess is which one? Definitely not the Gazelle but the other three all have interesting merits.

Welcome to the awesome world of DCS, Dave!

You really can't go wrong with either of these choppers.

The Black Shark is about to get a paid upgrade (Black Shark 3), so now might not be the best time to get BS2 (but BS2 owners should get a discount for BS3 when it comes out).

If you enjoy seat of the pants flying, personally I would recommend the Huey, I just love the flight model and the flight mechanics. That is not to say that the Mi-8 isn't equally fantastic. I just feel more at home in the Huey. Plus, if the current pandemic gets too bad, there are hardly any Hips around here to steal, but just recently I saw a Huey fly around the area - can't be that hard, flying the real thing, right? :D

• 1 month later...

Hi! my name is Jay, I am a professional electronic music producer, and DJ from Orlando Florida. I have been a virtual pilot since the mid 90's. I started with "Jane's US Navy Fighters", "Spaceshuttle", "MS Space sim" "MS Flight sim". More recently I've played "Falcon BMS", and "Kerbal Space Program". Currently I am flying the A-10 C, F-15, F-16, and BF 109 K-4. can't wait to meet some of you in the sky!

Hello!

I'm Jon, used to play LOMAC back in the day, but haven't really gotten back into combat flight sims for many years due to not having the computer or the time. Used to be part of a VFA-25 squadron back day, but since then it's been more arcade-sims like War Thunder etc.

Now however, due to Covid, I'm out of a job for the foreseeable future.

I'm a Boeing 737 pilot IRL, did my training in Florida, and 4 years of bushflying in Indonesia.

Looking forward to delving back into combat flight sims :)

Hello all,

I am Dave from Charlotte, NC U.S. I have been into aircraft since I was a small child. Tried to get my pilots license but medical issues prevent that. So I have been flying flight sims since the early days of computers. I have used a huge lot of different sims over the years. Apple flight sim, msfs, combat pilot, Falcon AT/3/4, LOMAC and of course DCS World. DCS world is now my primary sim and have very much enjoyed watching it grow over the years. I enjoy all aspects of flight from commercial birds to war birds and my favorite aircraft of all time the F-16 Viper!

Hope to see you all in the air!

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1