Trim: anyone else got issues?

Mr_sukebe

The trim option on my Huey doesn’t appear to be doing very much for a few weeks now.

Anyone else experiencing this?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Thanks for confirming guys. I'll go re-check my controls.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

it sometimes happens. check uncheck pilot trimmer option on the option menu, turn ın and off the game while doing this

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 10 months later...

My trim button doesn't seem to do anything. I got very used to using it to centre my stick in the Ka-52 and the Gazelle. I'll give the above a go too.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

did you set it to "joystick with no spring or FFB"?

because then the trim button does nothing.

it just clicks.

it turns off the whole return to centre when you press the trim button thing.

how I fly.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Yes, I did. After reading this post, I went exploring in the options menu and found that. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

I used to have a joystick with very, very weak springs and I set the trimmer to this. I now have a Warthog which has a wrist-crushing spring and a little trimming would be nice again.

I'm also assuming that it's why my autopilot doesn't work as well. I had a hairy moment in the campaign where my co-pilot allegedly took over the controls and then I went careening all over the sky for a moment before I realised that it wasn't happening.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

I'm also assuming that it's why my autopilot doesn't work as well.

Actually it should. I very seldom use the "autopilot" feature, but when I have it does work for me and I have used the "joystick with no spring or FFB" for a long time. They should be unrelated, unless something changed recently.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I used to have a joystick with very, very weak springs and I set the trimmer to this. I now have a Warthog which has a wrist-crushing spring and a little trimming would be nice again.

that warthog spring is the reason I fly no springs :)

I took it out

rather than use the trim abstraction.

in the UN campaign I think you still need to turn the autopilot on with the hotkey.

when the commander says he will take over and you can tune the radio.

I don't remember it happening automatically.

but it has been a while.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

You're right. Autopilot still does nothing.

I don't feel the need to use it very often but it would be useful for when I'm tuning the ADF - I do have a co-pilot so it's not a total cheat. It doesn't seem to do anything anyway. I checked that the "Autopilot Availability" box was ticked and it was.

I can live without it but, as I say, it would be useful to have on occasion.

• 3 weeks later...

If this topic is still open: I have the same issue with the non - functioning trimmer. Haven't changed any setting in this helo but since a couple of weeks I cannot trim it.

Trimmer setting in specials menu is 'default'...

Any ideas?

Gesendet von meinem SNE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

• 2 weeks later...

For me, with a stick without spring, the trim is functional, I set the trimmer mode to 'default'.

I press the 'trim' button, release it and quickly bring the stick back to a position near to the 'center'.

The cyclic position remains at its position (when the button is pressed).

I used a another button to reset the trim.

It's still working for me.

I have got out of the habit of resetting the trim as it makes things so unpredictable. I tend to just keep re-trimming as I go.