Rogue Folders on Update

Hi,

A few months ago I migrated my DCS OB installation to a new SSD drive to improve performance and it went relatively smoothly.

The only issue I've noticed is that when DCS is updated, a new Open Beta game folder is created on the old drive, containing only the mods and scripts folders.

Is there any way I can redirect these folders to the installation contained on the new drive?

Many thanks in advance,

R

The only issue I've noticed is that when DCS is updated, a new Open Beta game folder is created on the old drive, containing only the mods and scripts folders.

Where exactly? ... it's within the \Saved Games\ path?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Where exactly? ... it's within the \Saved Games\ path?

No. It was in the root directory of my D drive (HDD). It’s now installed in the same place on my new E drive (SSD). So when the game updates, a new DCS Open Beta folder appears back on the D drive, containing, as I said, the rogue mods and scripts folders.

Cheers,

R

Is there any way I can redirect these folders to the installation contained on the new drive?

I forget the fine detail, you can check the paths in/for

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World --> "Path"="D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\DCSWorld_1_5_6"

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta --> "Path"="D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\DCSWorld"

... or similar and if incorrect, fix the path using regedit.

AFAIK DCS's registry paths are mostly used when creating a new Open Beta install, etc. i.e. if creating a parallel Open Beta install, the updater will use an existing "release" install as a base, to save on bandwidth.

Not sure if the updater doesn't have a config file as well.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I forget the fine detail, you can check the paths in/for

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World --> "Path"="D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\DCSWorld_1_5_6"

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta --> "Path"="D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\DCSWorld"

... or similar and if incorrect, fix the path using regedit.

AFAIK DCS's registry paths are mostly used when creating a new Open Beta install, etc. i.e. if creating a parallel Open Beta install, the updater will use an existing "release" install as a base, to save on bandwidth.

Not sure if the updater doesn't have a config file as well.

Thanks for the tip, old chap.

I’ll take a look at the registry entries tomorrow.

Cheers,

R

That did the trick, thanks. I found the OB entry in the registry, changed the path from D to E, just ran the latest update, and no rogue folders have appeared. Result!

Thanks again.

R