Will Deka be using new A/G radar API or stick with the old one?

hamza_Khan

They are already using the official ED A/G API, so when that API changes (as it does now, apparently), Deka will (have to) engage with these changes, too

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Title

Deka is already using the new A/G radar API for the JF-17. They used it before ED did so (on a public release at least).

Heatblur are the ones who are NOT using ED's new radar API. They have developed their own A/G radar tech for the Viggen and the Tomcat instead.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Deka is already using the new A/G radar API for the JF-17. They used it before ED did so (on a public release at least).

Yes, But I Remember Reading in one for the newsletters that they have changed/updated the AG radar API for F18 and is available for 3rd Parties to use.

They are already using the official ED A/G API, so when that API changes (as it does now, apparently), Deka will (have to) engage with these changes, too

Makes Sense.

Yes, But I Remember Reading in one for the newsletters that they have changed/updated the AG radar API for F18 and is available for 3rd Parties to use.

Makes Sense.

The radar API Deka have been using has been updated every time ED worked on it. I think it was two months ago or so they added static detection and all of a sudden you could see cities and stuff. I don’t remember artificial objects always having white dots, so I think what they have is being updated every time ED makes a change to it, so I think it’s fine

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Not going to lie, complete noob to the radar. I struggle making out areas and icons. I also have no idea what the different modes actually mean EPX/DS1/DS2 etc.

Anyone can point me to good tut on this subject for this aircraft? Chuck's guide hasn't covered these yet...

RBM is real beam mapping, and just for general ground mapping.

EXP is expand, will zoom up the video for a "better" view.

DBS is doppler beam sharpening, which use doppler effect to improve the resolution of a small area.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Is it wanted, that when selecting something with "TDC" press the radar is a bit "coarse"? it's not selecting specifically what I had under my cursor, but some spot closeby.

mode is MAP.

Also is it possible to use EXP/DBS1/DBS2 to "zoom in" and fine tune the SPI by selecting from that zoomed in way again? Can't seem to make it work.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Is it wanted, that when selecting something with "TDC" press the radar is a bit "coarse"? it's not selecting specifically what I had under my cursor, but some spot closeby.

mode is MAP.

Also is it possible to use EXP/DBS1/DBS2 to "zoom in" and fine tune the SPI by selecting from that zoomed in way again? Can't seem to make it work.

It will rely on ED's AG radar API to further update the EXP/DBS.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team