Capt Zeen SU27 and SU33 Helios Profiles ! ! !

Hello all, here they are !!

Helios and SU27 / SU33

Once breaked the limitations to send data to Helios across the FC interface, the implementation of extended functionality open new posibilities to the profile creations.

This time, i present to you a complete SU27 and SU 33 profiles, where all the possible cockpit information has been exported to Helios: actual Hud modes, airport selected name, Fuel instruments, AoA and Gmeter, Air Speed, Bar alt, Rad alt, vetical speed, engines rpm and temp, ADI, HSI, mechanical info, beacons lights, clock, alarm panel lights, etc

I replicate, aswell, the Beryoza instrument, using the data from the cockpit, and of course, the weapons pilon lights panel.

I also included switches and buttons for electrical power, engines start, QFE adjust, ECM, Hud modes, wp select, nav and taxi lights, weapons and fuel jett, Beryoza modes and volume, hud switches, fuel drop, etc.

Of course i added the navigation panel from others profiles, so you can check airport charts, tactical maps, ndbs, etc

E65NjNb.jpg

t3Yppva.jpg

- SU27 Profile files:

Use the one that better fit width you monitor resolution and languaje

SU-27_v1.0_esp.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-27_v1.0_eng.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-27_v1.0_ger.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-27_v1.0_ita.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0_fr.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-27_v1.0_rus.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_esp.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_eng.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_ger.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_ita.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_fr.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_rus.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_esp.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_eng.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_ger.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_ita.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_fr.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_rus.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_esp.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_eng.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_ger.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_ita.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_fr.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_rus.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

- SU33 Profile files:

SU-33_v1.0_esp.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-33_v1.0_eng.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-33_v1.0_ger.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-33_v1.0_ita.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0_fr.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-33_v1.0_rus.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_esp.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_eng.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_ger.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_ita.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_fr.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_rus.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_esp.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_eng.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_ger.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_ita.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_fr.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_rus.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_esp.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_eng.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_ger.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_ita.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_fr.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_rus.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

- Export.lua:

Included in the Scripts folder, you can find the export.lua, (for DCS 1.5.2) ready to export data for: A10C width fixed radio freq, KA50, FC3, F-15C, P-51D, MI-8, and all the changes needed to implement this new SU27/33 profiles.

You need to use this export.lua to work width the SU27/33 profiles, or the instruments dont show the correct values.

This file is a modified version of the Loophole Updated version from 09/11/2014, ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97222 )

Important notice !!

For the Beryoza implementation, i use export functions that can be forbiden in some online dedicated servers.

Soon i'll prepare a new export.lua version of the profile widthout the Beryoza implementation, to avoid this problems on those servers.

- Implementing the Beryoza

The implementation of the beryoza is based on the information that export.lua send about the threads.

To simulate the functionality of it, i use that data and recreate the working of the instrument, based on the SU27 user manual.

In the airplane, the angles of the threats and the altitude (low or Hi) depends a lot of your actual attitud (banking, yaw, and pitch)

On the profile, the information is more absolute, in other words, for example, the HI indicator is light it when the thread altitude is higher than yours, and dont depend of the pitch

- Monitor aspect resolutions:

I made four different profiles aspect ratios: v1.0 for 16:10 monitors, v1.0b for 16:9 monitors, v1.0c for 3:4 monitors and v1.0d for 5:4 monitors. Use the one better fit width you monitor resolution.

If you dont know the aspect ratio of your monitor divide the width by the height of your resolution and compare the resoult on this table:

width/height = 1.6 you got a 16:10 monitor

width/height = 1.77 you got a 16:9 monitor

width/height = 1.33 you got a 4:3 monitor

width/height = 1.25 you got a 5:4 monitor

for example: a resolution of 1920 by 1080: 1920/1080 = 1.77777 then you got a 16:9 aspect resolution

- Buttons and Switches:

I have included in the profile, a series of switches and controls, bindend to their corresponding keyboard shortcuts, so we can handle the most usually systems from the profile. But you have to take in consideration the fact that DCS does not send us the status of those switches, so to work properly and keep synchronized, should just activate it from the Helios profile and not from the keyboard.

- International Keyboards:

Some switches and buttoms use key bindings that can be different depends of the keyboard you are using.

I prepared 6 diferent setups for spanish QWERTY, english QWERTY, italian QWERTY, german QWERTZ, french AZERTY and russian QWERTY, so you can start the one you need.

- Thanks and credits:

I made the entire graphic art, based on screenshots of the simulator, the textures from the game and the Devrim modified english cockpit.

Part of the code of the Beryoza implementation (the thread radar type identification part) has been donated by McMicha. Thanks a lot, man, you save me a lot of work hours!

I used the airport charts from http://www.virtual-jabog32.de and the tactical chart TC-1 created by =MAF=Mongoose

I used the NDBs list created by Lino_Germany.

I used, as well, the coordinates of the airports entry points, to get the airport name from raffaeleragni´s mfcdfc3.

For the export.lua i used the Loophole version, compatible width KA50, A10c and FC3.

And of course to Gadroc for creating this great software.

Profile Features

-Main panel Indicators:

- IAS indicator

- Angle of attack indicator

- G meter

- Barometric altimeter indicator width QFE

- Radar Altimeter

- Mechanical panel

- Weapons Pylon panel

- ADI

- HSI

- Vertical velocity indicator

- Right and Left Engines rpm

- Right and Left engine temperature indicators

- Right and Left engine start light indicators

- Noseflaps indicator (only in su27)

- Clock

- Gear Down Light

- ECM Light

- Afterburn lights

- Engines Start Lights

- Beacons Lights

-Hud panel:

- HUD Bright control

- HUD Color switch

- Reticule selector

- HUD nav/ILS mode switch

- HUD BVR Mode button

- HUD VRT SCN mode button

- HUD Align Mode button

- HELMET mode button

- HUD LNGT mode button

- HUD GRND mode button

- Alarm Silencer button

-HDD:

- HUD mode Display

- Airport selected Display

- Hud clone Mode button

- Next Waypoint button

-Beryoza Panel

- All Threads Lights

- Volume Button

- Mode switch

-Electric panel and switches:

- ELEC PWR switch

- LFt and RGT Engines Start switches

- ECM switch

- Fuel Dump switch

- Landing Lights 3 way switch

- Navigation Lights switch

- Instruments light switch

-Fuel Qty Panel:

- Fuel QTY indicator

-Weapons panel:

- Chafs, Flares and Cannon shells counters

- Jettison Weapons switch

- Override Launch Switch

-Emerg lights:

- Master alarm

- Radar Illum Light

- AP on Light

- Parachute released Light

- Open Cockpit Light

- Low Fuel Light

- Left Eng Failure Light

- Right Eng Failure Light

- Fire Light

- ACS failure Light

- Hydro Failure

- ECM failure

- Cannon

- Gear failure

- Fuel Failure

-Ekran:

- Radar Failure

- EOS Failure

- Helmet Failure

- RWS (Beryoza) Failure

- HUD Failure

- Navigation panel:

-Airports visual operation charts v4.04

-Airports diagramss v4.04

-TC-1 Tactical Chart

-Caucasus general area map, with airports and table width freq, locations, ids, etc.

-Airport Circuit Example

-List of the NDBs

- About panel:

- Info about the profile and version.

INSTALLATION

-Install Helios if you don't have it yet. (http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/helios/latest)

-Copy the profile on the profiles folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/profiles

-Copy the folder Capt_Zeen on the images folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/images

-Run the HeliosProfileEditor, load the profile that better fit width your monitor resolution and languaje, and perform a Reset Monitors from the menu Profile.

-Save the profile and delete the unused ones.

-Dont forget to use the export.lue i included in the package, that one contains all the commands to work width all my profiles. Copy it in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts, but first make a backup copy of your actual export.lua. IF you use Tackview, Tarst or another external scripts, copy the corresponding lines from your old export.lua to the new one.

RUNNING THE PROFILE

-Open the Helios Control Center, select the profile and start it.

CONFIGURING THE SECOND MONITOR

Included in the package, there is a folder called "DCS Monitor Configuration" width a complete folders structure you can drop on DCS World instalation folder.

You will need to change the coordinates x and y of the radar viewport and the width and height sizes of it in the DCS Monitor Configuration\Config\MonitorSetup\2_monitors_SU27.lua

Change it before copy to the game folder, and save a copy of this structure, couse DCS world rewrite this files every update!

To calculate the correct position of each viewport, run Helios and start the profile and take a screenshot using print screen key on the keyboard, and paste the image in any art program. Paint from Windows works well. Put the cursor over the left-up corners of the empty space and write down the coordinates. Drag a box from that point to the right_down corner, and take the width and height of the rectangle.

Modify the 2_monitors_SU27.lua width your correct numbers. and you can now copy the complete "DCS Monitor Configuration" folder to the DCS game folder

KNOWN ISSUES

- As i write before, DCS dont send to Helios the position of the switches, so if you change any switch fron the keyboard instead from the profile, the Position of that switch is not coincident anymore until you click again on the keyboard.

- The flaps light indicator on the mechanical panel, dont work for the su27, when in manual mode. The export.lua dont send the correct value for some reason. The value is conected on the profile, so if ED fix this problem someday, it will work on the profile.

Anyway, the flaps are correct implemented when they are activated automaticaly by the airplane.

- Read the Beryoza section for differences between the cockpit and the profile.

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS

If you use Helios and TARS or TACKVIEW you can have miss workings due to the way Helios works width the export.lua.

To prevent this, just move the lines for Tars or tackview to the very end of the export.lua in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts.

Download:

http://www.captzeen.com/helios

Edited by Capt Zeen
  • Like 1

Ahh gret work captain!

Its just a pitty you cant use the beryoza on servers that restrict export. This unfortunately makes a use on the 104th or online pvp events impossible :( Thats a pity, would have loved to put the beryoza on a small monitor next to my main screen, to make it easier to spot the rwr, since its kind od hidden in the cockpit. Your efforts are appreciated never the less! :)

Thank you so much for this! I am using it with my ipad.

I can't get the radar screen to work:( when I print screen only one monitor shows up

Edit: It actually does. Measured the size of the HDD screen. Still see a portion of my desktop:(

Edit2: It works, I forgot to change my screen dimensions

Edited by rami80

Awesome work Capt.Zeen. A contribution is coming your way! Thanks for your dedication to this!

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

You continue to amaze me Capt. Zeen, each profile being more impressive than the last. Many thanks.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Issue with latest export file

Interesting problem occurred using the export file for this latest Su-27 Helios profile. I was trying to fly the A10-c module and loaded its Loz profile. However, when the game loaded, the second screen was black. I replaced the latest export file with the prior one listed on CZ's web site and all worked fine. I then reloaded the export file for the Su-27 profile and again all was fine.

I have no idea what the problem is but just wanted to alert users.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 3 months later...

" Thank you so much for this! I am using it with my ipad. "

Hi rami80,

Could you share how you use helios with a ipad?

Thanks

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all, here they are !!

Helios and SU27 / SU33

Once breaked the limitations to send data to Helios across the FC interface, the implementation of extended functionality open new posibilities to the profile creations.

This time, i present to you a complete SU27 and SU 33 profiles, where all the possible cockpit information has been exported to Helios: actual Hud modes, airport selected name, Fuel instruments, AoA and Gmeter, Air Speed, Bar alt, Rad alt, vetical speed, engines rpm and temp, ADI, HSI, mechanical info, beacons lights, clock, alarm panel lights, etc

I replicate, aswell, the Beryoza instrument, using the data from the cockpit, and of course, the weapons pilon lights panel.

I also included switches and buttons for electrical power, engines start, QFE adjust, ECM, Hud modes, wp select, nav and taxi lights, weapons and fuel jett, Beryoza modes and volume, hud switches, fuel drop, etc.

Of course i added the navigation panel from others profiles, so you can check airport charts, tactical maps, ndbs, etc

E65NjNb.jpg

t3Yppva.jpg

- SU27 Profile files:

SU-27_v1.0_esp.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-27_v1.0_eng.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-27_v1.0_ger.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-27_v1.0_ita.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0_fr.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-27_v1.0_rus.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_esp.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_eng.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_ger.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_ita.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_fr.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-27_v1.0b_rus.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_esp.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_eng.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_ger.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_ita.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_fr.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-27_v1.0c_rus.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_esp.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_eng.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_ger.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_ita.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_fr.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-27_v1.0d_rus.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

- SU33 Profile files:

SU-33_v1.0_esp.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-33_v1.0_eng.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-33_v1.0_ger.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-33_v1.0_ita.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0_fr.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-33_v1.0_rus.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_esp.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_eng.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_ger.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_ita.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_fr.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-33_v1.0b_rus.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_esp.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_eng.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_ger.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_ita.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_fr.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-33_v1.0c_rus.hpf .....................4:3 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_esp.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty spanish keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_eng.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty english keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_ger.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwertz german keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_ita.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty italian keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_fr.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, azerty french keyboard

SU-33_v1.0d_rus.hpf .....................5:4 monitor resolutions, qwerty russian keyboard

- Export.lua:

Included in the Scripts folder, you can find the export.lua, (for DCS 1.5.2) ready to export data for: A10C width fixed radio freq, KA50, FC3, F-15C, P-51D, MI-8, and all the changes needed to implement this new SU27/33 profiles.

You need to use this export.lua to work width the SU27/33 profiles, or the instruments dont show the correct values.

This file is a modified version of the Loophole Updated version from 09/11/2014, ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97222 )

Important notice !!

For the Beryoza implementation, i use export functions that can be forbiden in some online dedicated servers.

Soon i'll prepare a new export.lua version of the profile widthout the Beryoza implementation, to avoid this problems on those servers.

- Implementing the Beryoza

The implementation of the beryoza is based on the information that export.lua send about the threads.

To simulate the functionality of it, i use that data and recreate the working of the instrument, based on the SU27 user manual.

In the airplane, the angles of the threats and the altitude (low or Hi) depends a lot of your actual attitud (banking, yaw, and pitch)

On the profile, the information is more absolute, in other words, for example, the HI indicator is light it when the thread altitude is higher than yours, and dont depend of the pitch

- Monitor aspect resolutions:

I made four different profiles aspect ratios: v1.0 for 16:10 monitors, v1.0b for 16:9 monitors, v1.0c for 3:4 monitors and v1.0d for 5:4 monitors. Use the one better fit width you monitor resolution.

If you dont know the aspect ratio of your monitor divide the width by the height of your resolution and compare the resoult on this table:

width/height = 1.6 you got a 16:10 monitor

width/height = 1.77 you got a 16:9 monitor

width/height = 1.33 you got a 4:3 monitor

width/height = 1.25 you got a 5:4 monitor

for example: a resolution of 1920 by 1080: 1920/1080 = 1.77777 then you got a 16:9 aspect resolution

- Buttons and Switches:

I have included in the profile, a series of switches and controls, bindend to their corresponding keyboard shortcuts, so we can handle the most usually systems from the profile. But you have to take in consideration the fact that DCS does not send us the status of those switches, so to work properly and keep synchronized, should just activate it from the Helios profile and not from the keyboard.

- International Keyboards:

Some switches and buttoms use key bindings that can be different depends of the keyboard you are using.

I prepared 6 diferent setups for spanish QWERTY, english QWERTY, italian QWERTY, german QWERTZ, french AZERTY and russian QWERTY, so you can start the one you need.

- Thanks and credits:

I made the entire graphic art, based on screenshots of the simulator, the textures from the game and the Devrim modified english cockpit.

Part of the code of the Beryoza implementation (the thread radar type identification part) has been donated by McMicha. Thanks a lot, man, you save me a lot of work hours!

I used the airport charts from http://www.virtual-jabog32.de and the tactical chart TC-1 created by =MAF=Mongoose

I used the NDBs list created by Lino_Germany.

I used, as well, the coordinates of the airports entry points, to get the airport name from raffaeleragni´s mfcdfc3.

For the export.lua i used the Loophole version, compatible width KA50, A10c and FC3.

And of course to Gadroc for creating this great software.

Profile Features

-Main panel Indicators:

- IAS indicator

- Angle of attack indicator

- G meter

- Barometric altimeter indicator width QFE

- Radar Altimeter

- Mechanical panel

- Weapons Pylon panel

- ADI

- HSI

- Vertical velocity indicator

- Right and Left Engines rpm

- Right and Left engine temperature indicators

- Right and Left engine start light indicators

- Noseflaps indicator (only in su27)

- Clock

- Gear Down Light

- ECM Light

- Afterburn lights

- Engines Start Lights

- Beacons Lights

-Hud panel:

- HUD Bright control

- HUD Color switch

- Reticule selector

- HUD nav/ILS mode switch

- HUD BVR Mode button

- HUD VRT SCN mode button

- HUD Align Mode button

- HELMET mode button

- HUD LNGT mode button

- HUD GRND mode button

- Alarm Silencer button

-HDD:

- HUD mode Display

- Airport selected Display

- Hud clone Mode button

- Next Waypoint button

-Beryoza Panel

- All Threads Lights

- Volume Button

- Mode switch

-Electric panel and switches:

- ELEC PWR switch

- LFt and RGT Engines Start switches

- ECM switch

- Fuel Dump switch

- Landing Lights 3 way switch

- Navigation Lights switch

- Instruments light switch

-Fuel Qty Panel:

- Fuel QTY indicator

-Weapons panel:

- Chafs, Flares and Cannon shells counters

- Jettison Weapons switch

- Override Launch Switch

-Emerg lights:

- Master alarm

- Radar Illum Light

- AP on Light

- Parachute released Light

- Open Cockpit Light

- Low Fuel Light

- Left Eng Failure Light

- Right Eng Failure Light

- Fire Light

- ACS failure Light

- Hydro Failure

- ECM failure

- Cannon

- Gear failure

- Fuel Failure

-Ekran:

- Radar Failure

- EOS Failure

- Helmet Failure

- RWS (Beryoza) Failure

- HUD Failure

- Navigation panel:

-Airports visual operation charts v4.04

-Airports diagramss v4.04

-TC-1 Tactical Chart

-Caucasus general area map, with airports and table width freq, locations, ids, etc.

-Airport Circuit Example

-List of the NDBs

- About panel:

- Info about the profile and version.

INSTALLATION

-Install Helios if you don't have it yet. (http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/helios/latest)

-Copy the profile on the profiles folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/profiles

-Copy the folder Capt_Zeen on the images folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/images

-Run the HeliosProfileEditor, load the profile that better fit width your monitor resolution and languaje, and perform a Reset Monitors from the menu Profile.

-Save the profile and delete the unused ones.

-Dont forget to use the export.lue i included in the package, that one contains all the commands to work width all my profiles. Copy it in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts, but first make a backup copy of your actual export.lua. IF you use Tackview, Tarst or another external scripts, copy the corresponding lines from your old export.lua to the new one.

RUNNING THE PROFILE

-Open the Helios Control Center, select the profile and start it.

CONFIGURING THE SECOND MONITOR

Included in the package, there is a folder called "DCS Monitor Configuration" width a complete folders structure you can drop on DCS World instalation folder.

You will need to change the coordinates x and y of the radar viewport and the width and height sizes of it in the DCS Monitor Configuration\Config\MonitorSetup\2_monitors_SU27.lua

Change it before copy to the game folder, and save a copy of this structure, couse DCS world rewrite this files every update!

To calculate the correct position of each viewport, run Helios and start the profile and take a screenshot using print screen key on the keyboard, and paste the image in any art program. Paint from Windows works well. Put the cursor over the left-up corners of the empty space and write down the coordinates. Drag a box from that point to the right_down corner, and take the width and height of the rectangle.

Modify the 2_monitors_SU27.lua width your correct numbers. and you can now copy the complete "DCS Monitor Configuration" folder to the DCS game folder

KNOWN ISSUES

- As i write before, DCS dont send to Helios the position of the switches, so if you change any switch fron the keyboard instead from the profile, the Position of that switch is not coincident anymore until you click again on the keyboard.

- The flaps light indicator on the mechanical panel, dont work for the su27, when in manual mode. The export.lua dont send the correct value for some reason. The value is conected on the profile, so if ED fix this problem someday, it will work on the profile.

Anyway, the flaps are correct implemented when they are activated automaticaly by the airplane.

- Read the Beryoza section for differences between the cockpit and the profile.

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS

If you use Helios and TARS or TACKVIEW you can have miss workings due to the way Helios works width the export.lua.

To prevent this, just move the lines for Tars or tackview to the very end of the export.lua in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts.

Download:

http://www.captzeen.com/helios

..[/HELLO CAPT. ZEN, FIRST THANK YOU FOR, YOUR PROFILES ON THE SU-25t , SU-27 & SU-33 , I LOVE THE SUKHOI PLANES,

I MANAGED TO GET MY SECOND SCREEN WITH THE SU-27 & SU-33 PROFILES , HOWEVER NO GUAGES , HSI , ADI , ETC REFLECT THE LIVE CHANGES FROM DCS.. I AM USING DCS 1.5.3 AS I ACQUIRED THE L-39 ALBATROS, ALSO MY DCS GAME IS ON STEAM, I CHECKED THE BINDINGS FOR INPUT / OUTPUT AND THEY SHOW THEY ARE TIED FC2 FLAMING CLIFFS 2 , DO YOU KNOW IF THE PROFILES WORK WITH VERSION 1.5.3 OR SHOULD I TRY THE 1.5.2 DCS STEAM VERSION ONLY . I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK ZEEN,

BEST REGARDS, ]

HAVING TROUBLE WITH SU-27-SU-33-SU-25T THEY REMAIN AS STILL IMAGES

HELLO CAPT. ZEN, FIRST THANK YOU FOR, YOUR PROFILES ON THE SU-25t , SU-27 & SU-33 , I LOVE THE SUKHOI PLANES,

I MANAGED TO GET MY SECOND SCREEN WITH THE SU-27 & SU-33 PROFILES , HOWEVER NO GUAGES , HSI , ADI , ETC REFLECT THE LIVE CHANGES FROM DCS.. I AM USING DCS 1.5.3 AS I ACQUIRED THE L-39 ALBATROS, ALSO MY DCS GAME IS ON STEAM, I CHECKED THE BINDINGS FOR INPUT / OUTPUT AND THEY SHOW THEY ARE TIED FC2 FLAMING CLIFFS 2 , DO YOU KNOW IF THE PROFILES WORK WITH VERSION 1.5.3 OR SHOULD I TRY THE 1.5.2 DCS STEAM VERSION ONLY . I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK ZEEN,

BEST REGARDS,

nOTE: I AM using fLAMING CLIFFS 3 , DCS STEAM VERSION 1.5.3 ,

ALSO, THE SWITHCES WORK WELL ON THE PROFILES, Y CAN SELECT THEM WITH MY MOUSE AND THEY DO CHANGE INFO ON DCS GAME, LIKE COCKPIT LIGHT , OR HUD COLOR , ETC. BUT THE GUAGES SHOW AS STILL IMAGES, DONT KNOW WHY. I am fairly new to Using Helios so Any help would be appreciated, Thanks:thumbup:

HELLO CAPT. ZEN, FIRST THANK YOU FOR, YOUR PROFILES ON THE SU-25t , SU-27 & SU-33 , I LOVE THE SUKHOI PLANES,

BEST REGARDS,

nOTE: I AM using fLAMING CLIFFS 3 , DCS STEAM VERSION 1.5.3 ,

ALSO, THE SWITHCES WORK WELL ON THE PROFILES, Y CAN SELECT THEM WITH MY MOUSE AND THEY DO CHANGE INFO ON DCS GAME, LIKE COCKPIT LIGHT , OR HUD COLOR , ETC. BUT THE GUAGES SHOW AS STILL IMAGES, DONT KNOW WHY. I am fairly new to Using Helios so Any help would be appreciated, Thanks:thumbup:

HI!

If you dont have any response on your gauges, the problem is probably your export.lua.

You need to be sure you are using my export.lua for the su27 and su33, and copy it in the correct place, Follow the instructions and let me know how it goes.

The profile works on all version of dcs right now.

Thanks Cap Zeen

I am Using the export.lua you provide and placed it in this directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Scripts . I also tried placing it on another directory where I found an Export folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Config\Export , however It cant get the Gages to work. I am wondering if this is compatible only with LOCK ON DCS FC2, do you have any feedback regarding the Use of The Profiles on STEAM?? thanks and By the Way , Buena suerte españa en La Eurocopa. saludos de Mexico.

Thanks Cap Zeen

I am Using the export.lua you provide and placed it in this directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Scripts . I also tried placing it on another directory where I found an Export folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Config\Export , however It cant get the Gages to work. I am wondering if this is compatible only with LOCK ON DCS FC2, do you have any feedback regarding the Use of The Profiles on STEAM?? thanks and By the Way , Buena suerte españa en La Eurocopa. saludos de Mexico.

I dont have the Steam version, i use the DCS one, so i really don't know where you need to put your export.lua in your installation, but in the DCS one, is not there !

Is in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

• 3 months later...
Capt Zeen, you are awesome.

But you HAVE to stop hardcoding the monitor coordinates, man! Please! Set the position of MFCD's or whatever to be at some width or height of the total width/height. Having to and work out your resolution and then convert the coordinates to my monitor is a pain in the ass tbh.

Hehe,

Just take a screenshot with helios opened, and use a paint program to get the coordinates and size of the space of the mfcd, is so symple !

Thanks Cap Zeen

Im having this same problem except I have the export.lua installed in the correct location. It seems like I can get the A10 and Ka50 to work correctly, but the FC planes gauges do not work.

Hehe,

Just take a screenshot with helios opened, and use a paint program to get the coordinates and size of the space of the mfcd, is so symple !

Sorry, I didn't mean sound disrespectful. Got a little frustrated. I'm sincerely grateful for your awesome work on these profiles! :)

Used a lot of time yesterday before I realized I was trying to fit the 10:9 profile on my 16:9 monitor :doh:

But anyways, let me clarify what I mean by "width or height of the total width/height": For instance, you have set the parameters of the right "MFCD" of the KA-50 like this

--ABRIS
RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 2237;
    y = 0;
    width = 489;
    height = 708;
}

Knowing (or, assuming) you use a 1280*1024 monitor to the left and a 1440*900 monitor to the right, I change the parameters to.

--ABRIS
RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = (2237 - 1280) / 1440 * SecondMonitor.width + SecondMonitor.x;
    y = 0 + SecondMonitor.y;
    width = 489 / 1440 * SecondMonitor.width;
    height = 708 / 900 * SecondMonitor.height;
}

I define my "SecondMonitor" like this:

-- Specify your second monitor here to align the viewports correctly
SecondMonitor = {
   x = 0;
   y = 1080;
   width = 1920;
   height = 1080;
}

What I'm trying to demonstrate here is that the user of this monitor setup file will only have to change the "SecondMonitor" definition, then all the viewports will be aligned correctly to his/her monitor (programmatically, without having to specify all the parameters manually). So instead of configuring ALL the parameters, it will only be the four "SecondMonitor" values. I think you get the idea.

I think this might save a lot of time for the users of your profiles, at least it will for me :music_whistling:

If anybody's interested, I will post my monitor setup for the KA-50 later today.

EDIT: On second thought, I think I'll post the monitor setup file here instead

Edited by gromit190

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, I didn't mean sound disrespectful. Got a little frustrated. I'm sincerely grateful for your awesome work on these profiles! :)

Used a lot of time yesterday before I realized I was trying to fit the 10:9 profile on my 16:9 monitor :doh:

But anyways, let me clarify what I mean by "width or height of the total width/height": For instance, you have set the parameters of the right "MFCD" of the KA-50 like this

--ABRIS
RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 2237;
    y = 0;
    width = 489;
    height = 708;
}

Knowing (or, assuming) you use a 1280*1024 monitor to the left and a 1440*900 monitor to the right, I change the parameters to.

--ABRIS
RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = (2237 - 1280) / 1440 * SecondMonitor.width + SecondMonitor.x;
    y = 0 + SecondMonitor.y;
    width = 489 / 1440 * SecondMonitor.width;
    height = 708 / 900 * SecondMonitor.height;
}

I define my "SecondMonitor" like this:

-- Specify your second monitor here to align the viewports correctly
SecondMonitor = {
   x = 0;
   y = 1080;
   width = 1920;
   height = 1080;
}

What I'm trying to demonstrate here is that the user of this monitor setup file will only have to change the "SecondMonitor" definition, then all the viewports will be aligned correctly to his/her monitor (programmatically, without having to specify all the parameters manually). So instead of configuring ALL the parameters, it will only be the four "SecondMonitor" values. I think you get the idea.

I think this might save a lot of time for the users of your profiles, at least it will for me :music_whistling:

If anybody's interested, I will post my monitor setup for the KA-50 later today.

EDIT: On second thought, I think I'll post the monitor setup file here instead

Thats a good idea.

I am going to implement this in the new gazelle monitor configuration.

Thanks !

i am going to take a look as soon i arrive home.

Really appreciate you taking a look.

I could be something I am doing, but the F15, A10, and KA50 all work with no issues. The only exception is the SU27. None of the gauges work at all. I will say though that the F15 only seems to have partial gauges working. Meaning that the weapons panel and a short number of other gauges don't work. More than happy to test anything you need and/or give you any information about my setup to help you out.

Would be so nice to have a working SU27 profile!

Thanks Zeen!