Over-bright scenery

Hi all

I have this problem when playing a game in DCS daylight - the scenery goes really bright and glares, meaning my visibility is poor. It also adjusts itself, for example looking toward the sun will make the picture go darker, and then when I change the view to a darker surrounding e.g. cockpit view it then adjusts itself back to normal lighting again - very weird. Please see attached screenshots.

Any ideas what I have to fiddle with in my settings to optimise the picture brightness? My monitor is set correctly and the lighting changes only occur in game.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

Screen_131214_180313.thumb.jpg.c499bd0d3cf0544c8487cca5b9ba8e5c.jpg

Screen_131214_180324.thumb.jpg.e37c88ce89bd1e9d7f5e4566c3d91250.jpg

Screen_131214_180312.thumb.jpg.cebdfc17c9e8b79a3b1c067839d685d9.jpg

• 4 months later...

FINALLY found the cure for this, and the issue was much closer to home, for anyone who's experiencing it - it's the HDR (High Dynamic Range Imaging) in the DCS World settings that was causing it. I had mine on warm colours, to fix the issue, DISABLE it completely, as in set it to "OFF".

Hope this helps anyone who has the issue.

You could also try my modified sky shaders here, looks very good with all HDR modes (see attachment Clouds & Sky complete v4.03.rar at bottom of first post)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113374

edit: i also noticed in your screenshots that you're flying over winter terrain with the date in mission set to 1st June, so it won't help that you've got a bright summer sun overhead shining on a snowy winter terrain :D

Edited by Mustang

you could also adjust the hdr.lua file in:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Effects\PostEffects

if you want to get rid off the changing brightness, adjust line 14 and 15...

both have to be set to the same value...with those two lines you can also adjust the brightness.

Just tried this - didn't work. Set both min and max values at 2.0, rather than 1.0 and 3.0 respectively, and the issue happened again.

Just going to leave HDR off for now.

Looks good Mustang, and fixes the heavy gaze issue for sure, but doesn't fix the issue of my in-game brightness always adjusting itself according to the overall picture, and so for now HDR is staying off as that's the only fix.