Shooting down missile.

whiteladder

Had this happen on a multiplayer server the other day, I accidentally shot down a missile aimed at another player.

I had launched a Aim9 at a Mig 29 and I thought I hit it, but it carried on flying. I was then shot down a moment later.

I checked the track and actually what happen was I had locked the Aim9 onto a R27 that had been fired at another player and by chance flew between me an my target at just the right ( or wrong)moment.

QzbeGi.jpg

Yes it is a DCS thing, actually it used to be a Lock On thing too :D

In Locked On I accidently locked and shot down an AGM-88 HARM with MiG-29 and R-27R head on.

With M-2000C I accidently locked and shot a missile coming at me with Magic 2 during head on pass.

Missiles have IR and radar signature once launched, so you can lock and shoot them down. Not really an easy to do though :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I do not know how well or badly is it modeled in DCS but under right circumstances it is possible.

Soviet interceptors used to have IR and RADAR guided version of the same type and fire them in pair against the target. IR one be the first to go. Reason was not to lock on the exhaust of the previous one.