The most uncomfortable pitchup issues

Cintra

Hi all.

I just got the spitty, very nice plane and all except for the horrible pitch up issue, the nose always pulls up no matter how much nose down trim I apply, it is impossible to fly in a straight line or formation with it currently.

Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong?

Do you have any duplicate bindings in the controls?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Are you 100% sure you're trimming down? Check the trim indicator needle, make sure it moves. Or just look at the wheel.

Otherwise it does sound like a binding issue, like mentioned above

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Pls make a short flight and post track of it.

Hi, here is a track file of me doing startup and taking off. I then get to various speeds and leave the control in neutral so you can see how it still pulls up so much even with full nose down.

Please don't mind my incorrect startup and general rubbish, I just got the plane so even getting used to the breaks is interesting but I'm sure the pitch issues shouldn't be like this.

Spitfire pitchup.trk

Are you 100% sure you're trimming down? Check the trim indicator needle, make sure it moves. Or just look at the wheel.

Otherwise it does sound like a binding issue, like mentioned above

Check my reply above, it has a trackfile included. You can see my apply full nose down. Let me know what you think.

Check my reply above, it has a trackfile included. You can see my apply full nose down. Let me know what you think.

The first thing I saw - and suspected - is too much boost on takeoff.

Full fine pitch

Boost - do not exceed 8 lbs pressure

Nose Trim - neutral or slight trim down

Rudder trim full right

Cheers

Boost is irrelevant. With full nose down trim his Spit should want to fly itself into the ground no matter what power settings. About 40-45% of back deflection of physical joystick is needed then even to maintain level flight, let alone pitch up.

Cintra, the plane behaves like you describe when you've got "game flight model" turned on in difficulty options. You might want to check that one.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Boost is irrelevant. With full nose down trim his Spit should want to fly itself into the ground no matter what power settings. About 40-45% of back deflection of physical joystick is needed then even to maintain level flight, let alone pitch up.

Cintra, the plane behaves like you describe when you've got "game flight model" turned on in difficulty options. You might want to check that one.

Just checked and it isn't on. All settings are quite usually at full realistic when I fly.

This is quite annoying because even trying to shoot down a slow, level flying bomber is difficult when I can't fly straight lol.

The first thing I saw - and suspected - is too much boost on takeoff.

Full fine pitch

Boost - do not exceed 8 lbs pressure

Nose Trim - neutral or slight trim down

Rudder trim full right

Cheers

Alright, I'll use less boost on takeoff and apply the rudder trim. Thanks.

But that still doesn't explain the inflight pitch up issues that make hitting a level flying plane near impossible?

Just checked and it isn't on. All settings are quite usually at full realistic when I fly.

This is quite annoying because even trying to shoot down a slow, level flying bomber is difficult when I can't fly straight lol.

I could see on the track you were able to operate trim wheel surprisingly fast. You use some analog rotary device for that? Maybe DCS doesn't work correctly with it (for example there was a bug long ago, when planes had their trimming controls fully animated, but the flight model was not reacting to them because of unused FFB controllers being plugged to PC).

Bind elevtor trim to something on your keyboard, unplug all controllers and check in free flight mission if trim works OK that way.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I could see on the track you were able to operate trim wheel surprisingly fast. You use some analog rotary device for that? Maybe DCS doesn't work correctly with it (for example there was a bug long ago, when planes had their trimming controls fully animated, but the flight model was not reacting to them because of unused FFB controllers being plugged to PC).

Bind elevtor trim to something on your keyboard, unplug all controllers and check in free flight mission if trim works OK that way.

Yes I have it bound to an analog input, I do also have it bound to normal buttons on my keyboard and have simply used my mouse in the cockpit to put the trim down and it made no difference. :(

For now I've just had to remove my force feedback program, made a smaller deadzone and much wider curvature of the input so I can just apply a small amount of nose down at all times. But it really shouldn't be necessary with full nose down trim, this is so frustrating.

Agree with this!

Game Flight Mode??

Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you don't have the "Game Flight Mode" box checked??? This is EXACTLY what happened to me about a week ago. I reinstalled DCS stable version. I had to redo all my flight controls. Found out I had the little boxed checked for "Game Flight Mode". Unchecked it, and all was good!!

ChuckIV

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you don't have the "Game Flight Mode" box checked??? This is EXACTLY what happened to me about a week ago. I reinstalled DCS stable version. I had to redo all my flight controls. Found out I had the little boxed checked for "Game Flight Mode". Unchecked it, and all was good!!

ChuckIV

Absolutely, I will just toggle it on and off when I'm back my pc next...

Absolutely, I will just toggle it on and off when I'm back my pc next...

And unbind this axis from trim. Use buttons for this.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

This is how it was originally, it made no difference.

Maybe someone asked this. Did you try different scenarios, MP,SP,quick mission,cold start, hot star, air start?

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Yes, I notice that starting in free flight reduces the pitchup. Weird.

When i set neutral trim on my end. During take off i have to pull stick to avoid prop strike, at low speed it is ok, but once spit got to 100 mph nose down pitch is quite strong.

When you set max nose down trim and you still get nose up something must be off "big".

Join MP server it can be aerobatics server this one is most populated easy to find, test this if your issue is gone there, it mean that something wrong with you local settings, if not i cant help out of ideas.

Edited by grafspee

• 2 weeks later...

I had this pitch up problem with trim not working, the fix was that

I had missed two updates as the auto updater had stopped working.

It wasn't the only problem either I had multiple crashes due to key bindings disappearing.

Fixed the updater, updated and all is well again.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Ibis
more info