export MPDS

yeldraw

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2019 at 7:16 PM, SPAS79 said:

I'll attach my files. It is a combination of telling the system you're not using USE_LCD_MFD (with config.lua) and then setting stuff as I have in my MFCD_x files.

MFD_left_init.lua 1.47 kB · 316 downloads

MFD_right_init.lua 1.48 kB · 270 downloads

config.lua 42 B · 318 downloads

Sorry for answering in and old thread, but I wanted to say many thanks!, as this completely solved my issue of having different "RIGHT_MFCD" for different modules, F-16 was the one making the most fuss.

I just thought I'd point out that the MFD-init files are located in \DCS\Mods\aircraft\F16\cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFD\indicator and that the config.lua file is located in \DCS\Mods\aircraft\F16\cockpit\Scripts\. This wasn't apperent to me initially.

edit: Apologies, I spoke too soon. I have the same problem as described earlier in thread with the main cockpit LCDs going fuzzy and dark. Has anyone found a fix for this?

edit2: Got everything working now, good looking MFDs on both secondary monitor and in cockpit. Here's what I did:

1. Change viewport names in MFD_*side*_init.lua.

2. Change viewport names in \DCS\Mods\aircraft\F16\cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFD\indicator\LCD\MFD_LCD.lua

3. NOT change config.lua setting to false.

Edited by DrGonzo94
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2023 at 5:56 PM, BaronVonVaderham said:

hating to revamp an old thread, but order it over rehashing the past:

has someone created a final “do this” write-up that combines all the successes and pitfalls?

For exporting MFCDs see, it's a bit of a read mind, but I've had good feedback when the steps are followed.

By default, only the MFCD and EHSI are exportable, but you can export the DED, RWR, and CMDS counters. However, this part modifies game files and will break the integrity check for servers running the "pure scripts = true" option.

Here's the modded files required to export the RWR, CMDS counter panel, and DED

For your monitor config file they are called
F16_RWR
F16_CMDS
DED

F16 display exports.zip

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i received my CMDS panel, which is Arduino based. It looks like it can show the text without a problem using dcs bios, I didn’t have to modify any lua’s for that, soo I aan assuming it didn’t break integrity checks. 

i do have an issue with the EHSI. I received an EHSI as well, and I thought I currently added it to my display config file in the saved games folder. However, it shows up blank. 
i added it as a fourth monitor in windows, at the bottom edge of all the other monitors (ie all monitors are bottom edge aligned). I named the viewport “EHSI”, but I’m not sure that is correct, nor do I know how to find out. I’m fairly certain the location is correct and the monitor does work. Also I have the correct resolution in dcs.

Note, my MDFs both work fine. 

maybe someone can share their display config content for the EHSI, and confirm that no display init files were modified for that export?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 10:32 PM, BaronVonVaderham said:

Hi,

i received my CMDS panel, which is Arduino based. It looks like it can show the text without a problem using dcs bios, I didn’t have to modify any lua’s for that, soo I aan assuming it didn’t break integrity checks. 

i do have an issue with the EHSI. I received an EHSI as well, and I thought I currently added it to my display config file in the saved games folder. However, it shows up blank. 
i added it as a fourth monitor in windows, at the bottom edge of all the other monitors (ie all monitors are bottom edge aligned). I named the viewport “EHSI”, but I’m not sure that is correct, nor do I know how to find out. I’m fairly certain the location is correct and the monitor does work. Also I have the correct resolution in dcs.

Note, my MDFs both work fine. 

maybe someone can share their display config content for the EHSI, and confirm that no display init files were modified for that export?

This is what mine looks like as far as the EHSI is concerned

LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 5130;
y = 360;
width = 825;
height = 825;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 6210;
y = 360;
width = 825;
height = 825;
}

EHSI =
{
x = 2561;
y = 370;
width = 520;
height = 520;
}

Just “EHSI” didn’t work for me. I used Helios and that got it working. Helios used a slightly different make. I actually copied that name into my own monitor setup for, and ran that, and it worked. But probably because Helios patched some other files. So just “EHSI “ was not correct for my configuration for whatever reason.