Weapon overview

JuliMonkey

I have found an interesting website of the weapons and loadouts from the Eurofighter. This really shows how much this plane can carry.

http://eurofighter.airpower.at/bewaffnung.htm

He, the old airpower.at site. I remember that from back in the day.

Mind you that the page you linked is almost 20 years old and only shows planned weapons.

Since we will get a german Eurofighter, weapons we might expect are the following, if we get a Tranche 2 or Tranche 3 model, because that's what the Luftwaffe currently using with thy Thyphoon:

-27mm gun

-AIM-9L

-IRIS-T

-AIM-120B

-AIM-120C-5

-Meteor (only Tranche 3?)

-Mk83 bombs

-Mk82 bombs

-GBU-12

-GBU-16

-GBU-54 (Mk82 LJDAM)

-GBU-48 (Mk83 LJDAM)

-Litenig TGP pod

Germany is planning with the Brimstone II, but currently not integrated into the EF2000.

Later the Taurus will also be integrated.

If we will get a Tranche 1 EF2000 thinks looks rather limited:

-27mm gun

-AIM-9L

-IRIS-T (with restrictions)

-AIM-120B

-AIM-120C-5

-Mk83

-Mk82

I don't exactly know if german Tranche 1 Eurofighters ever carried the Litening Pod and LGBs.

Edited by schroedi

Since we will get a german Eurofighter, weapons we might expect are the following, if we get a Tranche 2 or Tranche 3 model, because that's what the Luftwaffe currently using with thy Thyphoon:

-27mm gun

-AIM-9L

-IRIS-T

-AIM-120B

-AIM-120C-5

-Mk83 bombs

-Mk82 bombs

-GBU-12

-GBU-16

-GBU-54 (Mk82 LJDAM)

-GBU-48 (Mk83 LJDAM)

-Litenig TGP pod

Germany is planning with the Brimstone II, but currently not integrated into the EF2000.

-27mm gun

-AIM-9L

-AIM-120B

-AIM-120C-5

-Mk83

-Mk82

I don't exactly know if german Tranche 1 Eurofighters ever carried the Litening Pod and LGBs.

loock this link sistem pod not LGB but LDP

https://www.eurofighter.com/the-aircraft

-27mm gun

-AIM-9L

-IRIS-T

-AIM-120B

-AIM-120C-5

-Mk83 bombs

-Mk82 bombs

-GBU-12

-GBU-16

-GBU-54 (Mk82 LJDAM)

-GBU-48 (Mk83 LJDAM)

-Litenig TGP pod

-27mm gun

-AIM-9L

-AIM-120B

-AIM-120C-5

-Mk83

-Mk82

I don't think dumb bombs (Mk-82 & Mk-83) have ever been used on German Eurofighters. Same with the GBU-12 and GBU-16, as German Eurofighters only use the GBU-48 for now and the GBU-54 in the future.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I suggest you check out my post here. Here you will find a listing of all weapons that are actually integrated on the aircraft right now and at whoch capability standard which weapons/stores have been intoduced on the real aircraft.

That's the real deal, everything is just marketing ploy or wishful thinking.

According to Spectre11's posts it sounds like we could get quite a bit less...

From my reading:

Aim-9L, AMRAAM... seem very likely

Bk-27 cannon seems likely (Block 5/2007)

IRST is less certain but likely (Block 2/2005), same goes for ASRAAM (Block 5/2007)

Avionics might support unguided bombs and rockets (but they seem unlikely to be included)

Guided bombs seem questionable (SRP 4.2/PSC 3.2/2008 or P3eb/2020)

Brimstone seems very unlikely (P3Ea/2014)

Meteor seems less likely (P2Eb/2018 )

As for the anti-radiation, anti-ship, cruise missiles... I have no idea...

So temper your hopes... or ask for them to do a hypothetical version based on what the plans were back in 1990 before the Cold War ended and funding was cut off... and some less accurate systems to get around the classified nature of post-2010 variants.

As Spectre has said, these marketing pages are largely incorrect and hugely outdated. Take at look at the info Spectre posted in his thread, that is the most accurate info you'll find from any public source at the moment.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The GBU-16 is and in theory it could be used on German Eurofighters, but the Luftwaffe has no GBU-16 on stock that's the "problem". I write "problem" because the GBU-48/EGBU-16 is an enhanced version of this weapon with dual-mode guidance and and enhanced fuze.

can eurofighter thypoon carry nuclear weapons?

the answer and the bomb B61-12.

here read this german article.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/21679/the-german-air-force-wants-to-know-if-its-eurofighters-can-carry-u-s-nuclear-bombs

Intergration of the B61-12 bomb on German Tornado IDS with ASSTA 3.1 has just been completed IIRC. Intrgration of this weapon has been proposed for the Eurofighter as part of the Tornado replacement programme. Right now it looks like Germany opting for a split buy between F/A-18F, EA-18G and the Eurofighter. The F/A-18F would be used for the nuclear role as well as tactical roles. The EA-18G for EA and SEAD and the Eurofighter for the rest of the mission spectrum. As the contract signatures are still months, probably 1 to 2 years away from becoming reality, nothing is set in stone, however, and we don't know what future governments will decide.

Note that the F/A-18F is my personal expectation as I doubt that they will replace the twin seat Tornado with a single seat F/A-18E.

According to Spectre11's posts it sounds like we could get quite a bit less...

From my reading:

Aim-9L, AMRAAM... seem very likely

Bk-27 cannon seems likely (Block 5/2007)

IRST is less certain but likely (Block 2/2005), same goes for ASRAAM (Block 5/2007)

Avionics might support unguided bombs and rockets (but they seem unlikely to be included)

Guided bombs seem questionable (SRP 4.2/PSC 3.2/2008 or P3eb/2020)

Brimstone seems very unlikely (P3Ea/2014)

Meteor seems less likely (P2Eb/2018 )

As for the anti-radiation, anti-ship, cruise missiles... I have no idea...

So temper your hopes... or ask for them to do a hypothetical version based on what the plans were back in 1990 before the Cold War ended and funding was cut off... and some less accurate systems to get around the classified nature of post-2010 variants.

Based on Spectre's post, I think the best we can hope for is a Block 5, SRP 4.1, minus the ASRAAM (unless they're gonna model that, too, but I guess that could be problematic), or, even better, a Block 5, SRP 4.3.

4.1 would give us some PGM, 4.3 even better A2G weaponry.

Spectre, if you're reading this, one thing I didn't understand in your post, was HMSS introduced only with SRP 4.3? If so, did the previous version had some other kind of HMD?

One more, thing, is the Lima the last version of the Sidewinder the Typhoon can carry?

Based on Spectre's post, I think the best we can hope for is a Block 5, SRP 4.1, minus the ASRAAM (unless they're gonna model that, too, but I guess that could be problematic), or, even better, a Block 5, SRP 4.3.

4.1 would give us some PGM, 4.3 even better A2G weaponry.

Spectre, if you're reading this, one thing I didn't understand in your post, was HMSS introduced only with SRP 4.3? If so, did the previous version had some other kind of HMD?

One more, thing, is the Lima the last version of the Sidewinder the Typhoon can carry?

Hello Gianky,

correct the HMSS was only introduced with SRP 4.3 and there was no alternative before it.

Yes the AIM-9L is the only variant available, it's however the version L-I/L-I1 which is a modified version of the stock AIM-9L licence produced by Diehl (former BGT) for many European NATO members. With the development of ASRAAM and IRIS-T integrating other Sidewinder variants was pretty much superflous.

It's certified for the Eurofighter itself, but not in use on German Eurofighters. Just like Brimstone, ASRAAM or dumb bombs.

The article is titled "The first bomb for the (german) Eurofighter" for a reason and that refers to the GBU-48 ;)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello Gianky,

correct the HMSS was only introduced with SRP 4.3 and there was no alternative before it.

Yes the AIM-9L is the only variant available, it's however the version L-I/L-I1 which is a modified version of the stock AIM-9L licence produced by Diehl (former BGT) for many European NATO members. With the development of ASRAAM and IRIS-T integrating other Sidewinder variants was pretty much superflous.

I always thought the German Tornods carry the -9M, but I could be wrong.

Just to clarify from earlier posts:

I actually have seen what all EF been carrying for their service until last year.

I took care of the flight data base from the GAF, for all EF.

No rockets, at all. No unguided bombs. Tranche 1 only A/A (except for gun maybe)

GBU-48 and EGBU-16, IRIS-T, AMRAAM, Sidewinder, LDP

Meteor and Taurus for trials only.

I could be missing Airbus trials

Alias in Discord: Mailman

I always thought the German Tornods carry the -9M, but I could be wrong.

Just to clarify from earlier posts:

I actually have seen what all EF been carrying for their service until last year.

I took care of the flight data base from the GAF, for all EF.

No rockets, at all. No unguided bombs. Tranche 1 only A/A (except for gun maybe)

GBU-48 and EGBU-16, IRIS-T, AMRAAM, Sidewinder, LDP

Meteor and Taurus for trials only.

I could be missing Airbus trials

It has indeed only been the AIM-9L as said, but in somewhat advanced versions which are similar to the AIM-9M.

Your list is correct albeit you can add the 1000 l SFT, FPR and GPS pods and also the RecceLite ARP which was cleared for operational use last year. The Meteor will be introduced on German aircraft as soon as the first aircraft are upgraded to P2Eb standard, scheduled to take place later this year.

I really hope they add the AIM-9L(I)-1

for the Eurofighter instead of having it use the Aim-9L currently in the game.

Since the AIM-9L(I)-1 is much closer to the Aim-9M in terms of performance/flare rejection then it is the original Aim-9L.

Though the IRIS-T will ofc be the standard Short range missile either way.

(Though having the AIM-9L(I)-1 would still be fun and worthwhile)

Edited by mattebubben

• 2 weeks later...
It has indeed only been the AIM-9L as said, but in somewhat advanced versions which are similar to the AIM-9M.

Your list is correct albeit you can add the 1000 l SFT, FPR and GPS pods and also the RecceLite ARP which was cleared for operational use last year. The Meteor will be introduced on German aircraft as soon as the first aircraft are upgraded to P2Eb standard, scheduled to take place later this year.

True, forgot those.

I dropped the 1000L SFT, thought that as obviouse.

Copletely forgot the ARP, we have that on the Tornado as well.

The GAF ARP and LDP(TGP) are very similiar, originating from an equal design and layout.

Both Rafael pods.

FPR and GPS seemed also not very important for me. If introduced for DCS, I doubt the will have much functionality, what do you think?

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Yeah the ARP was originally based on the Litening 3, but the newer RecceLite 2 features better optixal sensors. The main discriminating element is the datalink antenna at the bottom of the ARP.

Neither the GPS, nor FPR pods would be of benefit for DCS. They may nonetheless add an ACMI pod. If you look at the WIP screen shots you will notice that on the last on in the gallery an ACMI pod is fitted. The careful observer will even notice that the pilot model on some screenshots wears the HEA helmet and on others the standard HGU-53. Doesn't mean anything at this time though.

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading this thread and no mention of the eurofighter carrying SEAD weapons.

I am guessing the ALAARM weapon in DID EF2000 simulation game was a fictitious addition.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset