[REPORTED] Conflicting friendly/hostile datalink IFF Report for same target

WingC3

1. Are you absolutely sure it's one contact and not a friendly and a hostile in a dogfight?

2. It's possible for F-18 pilots to manually designate a contact, so it could be that another player designated a friendly contact as hostile. If that's the case, there should be a conflict, but I don't know if the F-16 displays ambiguous symbols or which donor takes priority, so there might be a bug in there somewhere.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

100% Sure

Definitely not 2 contacts, visual confirmed only 1 aircraft. In terms of someone designating it: possible, but not something commonly done.

I'm looking for the track, but it's not obvious which one it is from the many I have...

Reproduced!

I have a trackfile in which it occurs, but it's 215MB (long play session). Sadly it also happens towards the end. It's too big to attach here. What can we do? It's too intermittent to reliably reproduce. Seems to be a datalink issue. Here you can see multiple contacts seen by both the radar and datalink. They show as hostile, but the M4 interrogation overlay shows that they are actually friendly.

Screen_191218_214701.thumb.jpg.e9fd7ddb0251f15e11d1c47cc8eab233.jpg

Edited by WingC3

+1 Here there is a conflict between DL and IFF

As you can see on the picture is was surprised, rejoining the tanker and he was identify as hostile.

When I IFF interrogate, there is the green circle over the red plot.

Notice that half of the time you can see your own aircraft on center DL identify as hostile.

(XMT was turned OFF to see if it could change something, but nothing happened)

760478627_DCS2019-12-1822-29-15.thumb.jpg.f26b624f3c79a436cf935c1be1d433c9.jpg

Edited by FrM | Raph

Modules: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandie, FC3, CA, Super Carrier, A-10C, A-10C II, F/A-18C, F-16 C, F-14 B, SA342, and WWII stuff.

Hardware: I7 8700K, Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11Go OC, 32Gb RAM, screen resolution 2K

Devices: Hotas Warthog, Cougar MFDs, Saitek rudder pedals, Track IR

My squadron: http://jtff.fr/SITE/

I flew with a friend yesterday, and when he locked the tanker with his radar, it turned hostile on D/L for me. As soon as he broke lock, the tanker HAFU turned friendly again. Seems like it's some issue with the D/L donor stuff. I tried a Mode 4 interrogation while we had the tanker locked and I got the green Mode 4 response, but the HAFU still showed hostile. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

+1 Here there is a conflict between DL and IFF

As you can see on the picture is was surprised, rejoining the tanker and he was identify as hostile.

When I IFF interrogate, there is the green circle over the red plot.

Notice that half of the time you can see your own aircraft on center DL identify as hostile.

(XMT was turned OFF to see if it could change something, but nothing happened)

[ATTACH]223328[/ATTACH]

I can confirm this - friendly track IFF'd as friendly, shows as enemy in Datalink.

XMT is the issue it seems. If nobody turns it on the contacts appear correct.

As I said XMT does nothing. This is a conflict, and you see your own ship on datalink's center classified as hostile.

Modules: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandie, FC3, CA, Super Carrier, A-10C, A-10C II, F/A-18C, F-16 C, F-14 B, SA342, and WWII stuff.

Can confirm this happening as well. Thought I saw this thread the other day and was like hmm I don't seem to have the issue. But last night, I too was seeing a lot of red and when interigated they all would show friendly. They would then go back to hostile. Including our own tankers.

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

Okay there is a track on the 104th server, file size is about 100Mo. On this track the bug is present since the begining of the flight. I finally killed my own wingmen, he was chased by an hostile and poped up with a red plot, I interrogate with a scan and a los and nothing happened. Sometimes it responds and gives a green circle on red plots. Thrust me this is worst than a plane without a IFF you see red symbols everywhere and everything is at 50% false. This issue is also bound with your own aircraft, you can see your own plane with a red symbol on datalink center sometimes (and you think you've got somebody in your 6).

https://we.tl/t-ipZGq7A9we

Please report this major issue in MP.

• 3 weeks later...

[iNVESTIGATING]datalink not working reliably on well populated PvP server

our GCI could see lots of bandits (detected by our E-3, I was told we have an E-3 online) while not popping up on our Viper DL. (only very rarely we see superclose bandits pop up shortly) occured on nearly full BlueFlag PG server (~50 players). Track here https://ufile.io/0op3gkgc

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Have another problem with DL on populated servers (GAW). Once in in several minutes all contacts are bing displayed and bandits and slowly being tagged as friendlies (including tankers and my own plane). After some time cycle repeats. Didn't notice this problem before JF-17 release. Can provide tracks (they are big with 3rd person sometimes) if needed

• ED Team

I know it is asking a lot as it is very difficult to reproduce something in MP,

the track replay was nearly 100mb and would not play correctly for me.

If any one has a short track I would appreciate it

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2