DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 61 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #601
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmyk View Post
Ciribob
I don't know if this helps but I use VB Voicemeeter to manage my audio and when I moved to Win10 I had to install ASIO4ALL as there weren't suitable drivers for Voicemeeter in Win10.
Perhaps there could be something in ASIO4ALL that might help.
Thanks! Looks interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
Ya know features like this are great... But a little confusing when testing in a live environment!

Last day of blue flag I was flying along in a Huey and got shot up. When I couldn't make contact with my wingman I assumed SRS had crapped out. It wasn't until we got on teamspeak I realized SR was fine...MY RADIOS WERE BOLOXED!

Well played sir...well played!

Sierra
I did that the first time while testing... Thought I'd broken it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlen007 View Post
The end transmission sound I think would get a little jarring after a while. Maybe it could be softened it up a tad?
Hows about this (reversed one)? Its the Mic click on but reversed. Makes sense as its the same circuit disengaging...?
Attached Files
File Type: zip mic_squech.zip (8.7 KB, 22 views)

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #602
Gizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
.....In other news - Does this sound ok for Mic click on and off and the encryption audio?

Not got the Radio effects for Receiving in yet.

Sounds about right to my ears, but volume of the squelch effects related to the volume of the audio voice will be the key regarding irritability as some have mentioned.

I'm sure you listened to some of the Huey mission Vietnam radio chatter or the US carrier ops chatter on YouTube - they give a good example of squelch breaks in RF.

The more modern the radio I've found the auto squelch circuitry is better and a simple mic click is audible as just a click. The older ones you get a lot more RF noise before that is clipped off, just as in your example.

modern radios... received on a scanner I believe...

Far too many DCS modules, a black box full of expensive
gizmos, more controllers and buttons than the space shuttle,
a face mask and a big TV!

Last edited by Gizzy; 08-21-2016 at 05:44 PM. Reason: added a few links for others maybe?
Gizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:17 PM   #603
Raistlen007

Quote:

Hows about this (reversed one)? Its the Mic click on but reversed. Makes sense as its the same circuit disengaging...?
Sounds pretty good, but honestly I can't really tell the normal and reversed apart, but I think it's soft enough.
Raistlen007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:36 PM   #604
Nu-NRG

Send a message via MSN to Nu-NRG

Quote:
Weirdly that shows the LOS system is working exactly right as your transmissions would be missing each other completely as Gizzy says.
Yes true

Quote:
Whether that's correct IRL behaviour, I don't know and I assume not (lots of reflection as you're very close) but I can tweak the amount of "bend" on the radio waves.
You assume correctly

Quote:
Would you mind doing an experiment for me?

If you open up your DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua in the scripts directory, check this line:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...alone.lua#L302

Code:
  table.insert(_result,{id = _client.id, los = terrain.isVisible(SR.lastKnownPos.x,SR.lastKnownPos.y+3.0,SR.lastKnownPos.z,_client.x,_client.y+3.0,_client.z) })
You'll see there are two +3.0 in the line. Change those to +5.0 and get your friend to transmit again and see if you can hear him. Make sure to reload the mission if you make changes so DCS picks up the changes.

That +3 is a point 3 meters above the center point of your aircraft and if you find a better value that works, say +5.0 then I'll add that in the next release for a little more radio bending

Annoyingly, there is now way to determine how far off Line of sight you are, just whether you have LOS or not without doing a lot more calculations and slowing down DCS.
Will do and report back.

Thanks!
Nu-NRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #605
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

New Testing Version

He's the first version of the new build for testing if you want to give it a go. PLEASE dont use for anything but private tests with a few users as this will not work against public servers

Changelog
  • New Server Side option - IRL Radio Tx Behaviour - Means that when transmitting you can't hear on that radio
  • Adjusted line of sight offset to 10 meters per feedback
  • Added KY-58 Encryption audio for transmitting client start and end. Not yet played for receiving encrypted audio
  • Added Receiving / transmitting Start and End Squelch / Click
  • Fixed import bug reported (and fixed!) by Dart
  • Added Gazelle Intercom
  • Fixed Bf-109 Radio
  • Added Audio Separation option for Intercom
  • Added client side option for disabling / enabling Radio squelch / mic click
  • Fixed C/RAD Wrong way round - Thanks Dojo & Siera99

Please don't download unless you want to help test. There is no guarantee you'll be able to connect to the non test client / servers or that this version will work... !

EDIT: Removed testing version for now.

RELEASE Version is here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...eleases/latest

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Last edited by Ciribob; 08-24-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:04 PM   #606
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Hey Ciribob, Just noticed the wrong radios are connected to the KY-58 in the A-10C.

C/RAD 1 should enable voice encryption on the UHF radio.

PLAIN should disable all encryption.

C/RAD 2 should enables voice encryption on the VHF/FM radio.

Radio 1 and 3 are swapped.

Sierra

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970, Windows 10-64 bit, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Cougar MFDs, Saitek Rudder pedals and TrackIR 5.

Last edited by Sierra99; 08-21-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:12 PM   #607
Dojo

Quote:
New Testing Version

He's the first version of the new build for testing if you want to give it a go

Changelog
  • New Server Side option - IRL Radio Tx Behaviour - Means that when transmitting you can't hear on that radio
  • Adjusted line of sight offset to 10 meters per feedback
  • Added KY-58 Encryption audio for transmitting client start and end. Not yet played for receiving encrypted audio
  • Added Receiving / transmitting Start and End Squelch / Click
  • Fixed import bug reported (and fixed!) by Dart
  • Added Gazelle Intercom
  • Fixed Bf-109 Radio
  • Added Audio Separation option for Intercom
  • Added client side option for disabling / enabling Radio squelch / mic click
Dude. Seriously. Too F*()&ing awesome.

We'll be putting this through its paces soon and of course will report back as per usual.

Sierra's note is correct, btw.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #608
Redacuragsr

Quote:
That seems very strange. What happens if you try the Preview Audio button on the DCS-SRS Client with your Rift Mic selected. Do you hear ok then?
When I preview the audio with the rift Mic, I can hear myself fine, but with a 1 second delay, is there anyway to make it so that when I speak only others can hear me, but I can't hear my self?

Quote:
It also sounds like somewhere you've got "Listen to microphone" ticked which is usually under the sound panel in Windows somewhere. Do you have any other audio effects software that might conflict?

There is genuinely no code other than the preview audio button that will send your audio from the mic, back to your speakers so this is very puzzling...
I checked all the recording devices, non of them have the option ticked, the only software that I have that might qualify is Bendicam and Realtek HD Audio Manager.
Redacuragsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:37 PM   #609
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
Hey Ciribob, Just noticed the wrong radios are connected to the KY-58 in the A-10C.

C/RAD 1 should enable voice encryption on the UHF radio.

PLAIN should disable all encryption.

C/RAD 2 should enables voice encryption on the VHF/FM radio.

Radio 1 and 2 are swapped.

Sierra
Fixed - Download the testing one again. Thanks for reporting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojo View Post
Dude. Seriously. Too F*()&ing awesome.

We'll be putting this through its paces soon and of course will report back as per usual.

Sierra's note is correct, btw.
Well.. it might not work but thanks for testing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redacuragsr View Post
When I preview the audio with the rift Mic, I can hear myself fine, but with a 1 second delay, is there anyway to make it so that when I speak only others can hear me, but I can't hear my self?

I checked all the recording devices, non of them have the option ticked, the only software that I have that might qualify is Bendicam and Realtek HD Audio Manager.
OK so if the preview audio is working for the Rift Mic, it should also work through the radio as normal, hopefully. Would you mind trying that again?

Old 08-21-2016, 10:08 PM   #610
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

1 and 3! 1 and 3! I screwed up! Please tell me you're smarter than me and swapped 1 and 3!

Sierra...

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970, Windows 10-64 bit, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Cougar MFDs, Saitek Rudder pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote