DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 18 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-16-2016, 06:06 PM   #171
Ragtop

Cribob if you need any support in implementing the samples I sent Eddie, let me know. I can't help you with the coding sadly, but I can at least help you understand where each tone should be.

Please use the 'SHORT' samples, as the longer ones take too long to sound when transmitting. If a pilot tries to zipper (Double mic click to signal acknowledgement of a message) using the long samples, there will be too much lag for it to work properly and the recipient will only hear one click.

The TOD and WOD samples are not used in DCS at present, they are part of the HAVE QUICK frequency hopping system. (Feel free to implement it if you know how though, haha!)

Last edited by Ragtop; 07-16-2016 at 06:15 PM.
Ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:19 PM   #172
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Aries and UR have the tones right (if not perfect implementation) if you want to be nosey. I'll have to get one of the audio geeks in the 476th to talk about the actual tone frequencies etc.

But essentially its a continuous tone when the KY-58 is switch on which is cancelled upon pressing any PTT.

Then when a radio is secured a short tone is heard shortly after pressing the PTT when the radio is ready to transmit (feedback that the switch over from RX to TX has occurred as it take a bit more time to switch over with KY-58 active).

Any transmission made before the tone has played and the radio would be cut off, as the radio hasn't switched to TX.

Please ask any and all, anytime you like, I (and everyone I know) very much love being able help with this. If there's something you need background on then please ask away. We'll only end up telling you anyway if you don't.

Another bit of feedback as I'm playing around now (finally), just locally at the moment. It seems that there is a bit of an excessive delay between hitting/releasing a PTT and the radio being switching between TX/RX based on looking at the visual feedback in the overlay. More so when releasing the PTT. If this is the case it'd interfere with things such as the zipper (double mic click).

And also from the above, are mic clicks heard by receivers when someone transmits and can a mic click/squelch break sound be added when hitting a PTT (maybe optional for those who don't like such things)?
Currently Mic clicks aren't heard other than whats caused by the Sound card suddenly getting audio but I will be looking at that soon to allow double mic click.

The overlay is actually a little behind the actual system, I'll work at reducing the delay. Its basically caused by the fact the overlay is an entirely separate process as its optional.

To test, start up two clients and the connect to a local server, start up DCS and hit PTT, you'll hear it's much quicker than the overlay shows.

I will ask more questions soon as well, thanks again though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJack View Post
TAW SR server is updated to 1.1.0.0. Set IP address in Simple Radio client to 37.59.10.136. You can play on any of our 4 servers.
Thanks again HiJack, I really appreciate it! Out of interest, are you seeing much usage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
Yeah I didn't thing that question through before I asked it. I meant to ask How are you handling the encryption keys? Just a set of 6 stock keys and people can select between the 6 or do ya plan to make the keys changeable within reason? I guess (It really doesn't have to be much more cosmic or complicated than 6...Especially if I understand it correctly, unlike the real world, the other team cant listen in.
The other team can't listen in only if you turn on an option on the SRS-Server otherwise its as normal that everyone can hear everyone.

Basically yes, there are 6 stock keys for A-10C and 15 in total. Mirage users can pick one that outside of the A-10C range if they wish with the file editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Ciribob,

Here are some KY-58 and ARC-164 tones for you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...C164_TONES.zip

There are TX and RX example for the KY-58 comms to demonstrate how the sounds fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
Cribob if you need any support in implementing the samples I sent Eddie, let me know. I can't help you with the coding sadly, but I can at least help you understand where each tone should be.

Please use the 'SHORT' samples, as the longer ones take too long to sound when transmitting. If a pilot tries to zipper (Double mic click to signal acknowledgement of a message) using the long samples, there will be too much lag for it to work properly and the recipient will only hear one click.

The TOD and WOD samples are not used in DCS at present, they are part of the HAVE QUICK frequency hopping system. (Feel free to implement it if you know how though, haha!)
Thanks for the samples! Thats great and just what I need.

I'll work on the GCI / AWACS panel next, then circle back to the nice to haves like sounds before starting range and finally Line of sight. Then probably lots more tweaks!

Thanks to you all for helping and getting behind the project, blown away by the support! Did not think it would be that popular...

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:44 PM   #173
Sacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Currently there is not, I had to take it away as it didnt work consistently but Im looking at bringing it back.

You actually one need one bind, the Common PTT. Although obviously not ideal you can actually switch radios by clicking on the coloured Dot on the Radio Overlay for FC3, Mirage, A10C and Gazelle.

All other aircraft the PTT is changed in cockpit anyway by either a DCS keybind or you interacting with it

If you only fly Huey, Mi8 and P51D you can actually do it all from the cockpit with no external keybinds!
Alright, sounds good. Thanks !

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on YouTube
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0Ghz
Corsair Vengeance 16Gb DDR3
MSI Gaming V - LEPA 700W Gold
Seagate SSHD 1To - Track IR Pro 4
MSI Geforce GTX 970 - Zalman Z11 HF1 Plus
Sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:59 PM   #174
Tarres

If you only fly Huey, Mi8 and P51D you can actually do it all from the cockpit with no external keybinds!

And the Sabre, Fagot, MiG-21, L-39 too!!

Last edited by Tarres; 07-16-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Tarres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #175
Oberfeldwebel Elmo

I wonder if the Sabre even had encryption that early. Oh well. Will be great to have both the 15 and 86 ready for BF Korea. Keep up the great work Cribob.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:27 PM   #176
Tarres

No, the Sabre doesn´t have any encryption system.

Neither the Fagot, the Hip, the L-39, the Fishbed, and the Huey I think.
Tarres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:07 PM   #177
Cibit
Veteran

Used this tonight for the first time. Excellent work thanks. This is fast gaining momentum as the 229th exclusive radio setup

Cibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:13 AM   #178
Dino Might

I got SR to work yesterday, but today, when I run the standalone client, no windows open up. Rather, I just get the windows "thinking" spinning circle forever, and I get 3 processes in the task manager SR-RadioClient.exe. Screenshot attached. None of these three can be force stopped, and I have to restart my computer to shut them down.

I can open up overlay, but no radios are working, given 0.0.0 freq and "no radio tag" because the client is obviously not running correctly to allow me to enter an IP.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times. No change. I have checked the export.lua file on each install. I have made sure appropriate files are in scripts folder under saved games. I can't figure this out. Is anyone else having a similar problem?
Dino Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:56 AM   #179
Oberfeldwebel Elmo

I'm having a similar issue with being able to open overlay and Sr but trying to connect to the server it'll load then go right back to connect button. Only tried on blue flag as I didn't have much time. So maybe bf hasn't updated to 1.1

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:59 AM   #180
Razor18

Hi Ciribob,

I have a slight issue with my X-52 buttons. Part of it likely because keyboard (hotkey) has been disabled for SR as input device, if I got it right.

ON SR Control page, if I try to assign any joystick button, that has also keyboard input mapped to it, SR won't set it. But if I delete the keyboard mapping from that joystick button in the Saitek mapping program, SR still won't accept it at next try, like that stick button would have been disabled for good by the SR program for ever having mapped a keyboard input to it. The actual problem is, now in order to use SR I can't "clean" any more my joystick buttons, that I ever pressed at SR Control page with keyboard inputs behind them.

Great stuff nontheless!!!

THX
Razor18 is offline   Reply With Quote