Is this going to be finished? - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 02:19 PM   #71
DigitalEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
This is a video made in our very early days flying formation so go easy on the criticisms . Also it was an early attempt at movie making by our left wingman. Six never got a look in! At no point did anyone complain about stuttering, juddering or FPS loss.

As I've also mentioned earlier in this thread, I've been part of a six pack of Yaks with no complaints.

Just sayin'.

Sorry, couldn't make the imbedding video work.
I'm curious, was the flight and video recorded in VR?
DCS in VR, is a performance killer in itself.
Fixed the link for you in the quote.
GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme
Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2
Cooling = Corsair H100i V2 water cooler, plus RAM mounted fans.

Corsair Vengeance® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Military Green
OS = Windows 10 64bit
Power supply = EVGA 1200P2
HTC Vive
DigitalEngines's Twitch Channel, Youtube Channel

Last edited by DigitalEngine; 05-18-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #72
Ron Attwood

Ah, I forgot to add that we were all in VR. 3 Rifts and a Vive pro. As for how it was recorded, I don't know. I do know that it was before he realised you could make a movie from the tracks and change views! He was stuck in his own cockpit.

The video, how did you do that? I copied the link pasted it in the forum, highlighted it and clicked on the Youtube button which added the bracketed stuff.

Last edited by Ron Attwood; 05-18-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:36 PM   #73
hazzer+
Posting Rights Suspended

Again just because you can't notice any issue doesn't mean there isn't any. If I can fly will 6 f-14s with no problems but then have bad fps with 2 yaks that is a problem.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:30 PM   #74
Ron Attwood

I had a chat with one of the guys in the 'sixpack' and he said he had issues with the Yak.

But. They went away when he upgraded his machine. So, it is something to do with the machine.
But. It certainly does need sorting out. You shouldn't need to upgrade your PC on account of one rogue module.

Let's call it an honourable draw.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:18 PM   #75
hazzer+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
I had a chat with one of the guys in the 'sixpack' and he said he had issues with the Yak.

But. They went away when he upgraded his machine. So, it is something to do with the machine.
But. It certainly does need sorting out. You shouldn't need to upgrade your PC on account of one rogue module.

Let's call it an honourable draw.
Its not like I'm running a low end PC! Today I was in the acrobatics online server and all was well in my I-16 flying around an airfield, then I could feel my fps lowered and low and behold a single yak was on the runway! No issue with the p-51s or the 5 other planes there. The lack of effort is disappointing
Old 05-20-2019, 09:59 AM   #76
hazzer+
Posting Rights Suspended

So why has there not been an official response? Is anyone working on this at all?
Old 05-21-2019, 02:57 PM   #77
NineLine
Community Manager

Currently, the Damage Model is being worked on.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 05-22-2019, 07:43 AM   #78
hazzer+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
What about the performance issues that we have experienced but don't get with any other a/c in VR? Could it be a lod issue? I notice that the only way to fly with more than one yak is to turn shadows off, which is never an issue with others
Old 05-23-2019, 02:55 AM   #79
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzer View Post
What about the performance issues that we have experienced but don't get with any other a/c in VR? Could it be a lod issue? I notice that the only way to fly with more than one yak is to turn shadows off, which is never an issue with others
I flagged that one as a big one as well, I will look into it again.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 05-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #80
TheSkipjack95

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Will that affect the non-tarmac abilities of the Yak ? Besides the helos it's currently the only really viable grass capable plane in the sim and I hope an upgraded DM won't affect that.

If it won't, will the results found while developing the DM be passed onto 3rd party devs ? Especially Razbam, given that the Harrier's "raison d'être" is off-airbase operations.
Closed Thread